Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth Argyle

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    With respect Malone, you are missing the point. Perfidious Albion said it was a stupid idea to even suggest that Harriman could play in attack but the manager clearly disagreed. Whether it worked or not is another issue. However, it’s history now so let’s move on.

If it’s history why bring it up again? I anticipate a response as you seem to need to have the last word, despite the weakness of your argument.

• I didn’t bring it up again, Malone did. Get over it.

• We were excellent second half and all in all a really enjoyable night away , but I fear it’s going to be one of my last away games at such an effort Tuesday nights due to the intolerable cringeworthy tosh a small group our kind persist in singing and yelling during matches .

It’s not about noise or chanting and singing I love all those things, it’s the unfunny inbetweener Bell ends I just don’t wish me of our club to be represented by

• @DevC It seemed louder when it was coming from all the non-Wycombe parts of the ground. Agree though that is was cringeworthy of a small section of our own supporters to join in with the chant.

• If it's sunny on Saturday, I'm going in my Bermudas...

• @glasshalffull said:
    I didn’t bring it up again, Malone did. Get over it.

So you got the last word in, oh wait....

• Great performance. By @LX1, I mean.
    And I’m inclined to agree with Richie. I didn’t notice who took the captain’s armband after Adam had to be helped from the pitch but, on the assumption that hewill be out for some time, who do people think should take over?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @micra said:
    Great performance. By @LX1, I mean.
    I didn’t notice who took the captain’s armband after Adam had to be helped from the pitch but, on the assumption that hewill be out for some time, who do people think should take over?

I imagine @Peter will shortly be along to answer this question. Who will he suggest?

• @DevC said:
    Given we already have two right backs and were chasing a third in McCarthy, hard to see how Moore would have fitted in.

johnny, not sure it is right to say Tafari came over to clap us. Gareth virtually picked him up on the halfway line and dragged him to us. tafari looked quite bemused. I think he was scared he had been kidnapped.

I'm afraid the loudest chants of "same old wycombe, always cheating" came from our knobheada at the back. Not their finest hour.

How can you moan about our fans joining in with that? It is pure self-deprecation and is sung in jest. Absolutely harmless

• Agreed Wandering Days, chants with irony are of the moment, when Yves was messing with his hair in the Cobblers shoot out ‘time wasting b******s we know what we are’ made an embarrassing episode slightly less cringe.

• So did we decide then, that watching the away games on ifollow is the best way to avoid the worst aspect of said occasions? Ie, having to endure the drone army?

• There's a difference between “time wasting b********, we know what we are” (when we've clearly been time wasting) and “...always cheating” (for an incident where we weren't cheating and the opposition's chant is disingenuous to start with).

Too many levels of irony to make any sense.

• @Jonny_King I wish I had remembered to get a kebab. Slept through breakfast at the b&b as well!

• Were fans really having a go at Tafari Moore?

• well, about six of them.

• Moore wasn't here nearly long enough to rack up any strong feelings to him either way.
    So seeing his name on the teamsheet against us doesn't call for anything beyond a "ahh Moore, he played for us a few times, did alright" sort of thing.

• glad it was only an insignificant minority

very dreary behaviour

• You can bet right now on Triangle FC away at CAPS utd in the Zimbabwean league. not a joke. https://www.bet365.com/?&cb=105802022911#/IP/

• If you've gone all that way as a true fan, had a skinful and want to upset rose-tinted glass wearers surely unreasonably abusing a former loanee is the least they are allowed.

• edited August 2018

@fame_46, let's not over play it! He did alright. Fantastic first game, but never quite hit the heights again, and then the second Harriman was back, even half fit, he didn't again get a look in.

• He didn't get a look in because he got injured at Notts County on Good Friday - coincidentally, around the time Harriman was re-introduced to the subs bench.

I'm not saying Harriman wouldn't have forced his way into the side eventually, but Harriman wasn't actually picked in front of him. So "the second Harriman was back" isn't quite how it happened.

• How about "the second Harriman regained full match fitness" then because that's about the reality? Nonetheless, an apparently good bloke who gave his all and for whom we have nothing but good wishes, right?

• Playing a part in our promotion, however big or small a part, deserves respect.

• Tafari was incredibly engaged with the club last season. After the Chesterfield triumph he was chasing around on the pitch and in the changing room animatedly videoing all and sundry. I reckon he might well have hoped to be offered a contract but, as we now know, the club had different plans.

• @Shev , agreed. Just don't want to oversell his role. Seemed a good guy though and gave the impression he really liked it here, which is always a massive boost to see.

I think we have different memories on the Moore/Harriman turn over. A light niggle may have seen Harriman get in,by the letter of the law, but there was no switching over despite when both were available, despite Harriman taking a while to get going again.

I think i remember Moore didn't even make the 18 for Chesterfield away?

• I am with you on Moore's quality, @Malone. I felt as though he and McGinley were both in over their heads a little, but they gamely fought to hold the fort anyway. I do much prefer Harriman, but everyone from last season is a hero, even Bodger.

• @Malone said:

I think i remember Moore didn't even make the 18 for Chesterfield away?

He didn’t. That’s what impressed me so much about the guy. He was running round videoing and informally “interviewing” every Wycombe player in sight - on the pitch, in the tunnel and in the dressing room. He loved the club.