Skip to content

Andrew Howard + Shirt Speculation

Comments

• If it's good enough for Nick Faldo it's good enough for Wycombe

• @eric_plant sounds like you're jealous of Alan's £300 shoes

• @Malone said:
    I still maintain the "Other" kit that could have been voted for was better. It kept the actual quarters for starters.

With you on that. Every time this monstrosity reappears it somehow gets worse.

• Swan then.

• Well.... They were right about the Swan. It'll divide opinion. Its certainly unique, and in my opinion the logo doesn't fit in at all...

• My first impression is that either the swan or the cherry red logo would look fine on their own, but together it's a bit much.

• I like the colours and the denimy effect.

• I rather like it.

• I really like it. The colors look right, it’s quarters, the swan watermark certainly makes it unique. I’d rather not have a huge red box on the front, but since it’s not a loan company or gambling website, I’ll put up with it.

• @Chris said:
    My first impression is that either the swan or the cherry red logo would look fine on their own, but together it's a bit much.

My view exactly. They don’t work together, which is a shame because otherwise it’s a really nice kit.

• Actually, I’m upgrading that to really like it. To my own surprise.

• I don't really know why, but I love it

Still don't think the dark blue is dark enough mind

• It's grown on me in the last 10 mins...

• edited July 2018

I like it a lot, but my order of preference would be a) this kit without the Cherry Red logo then b) this kit without the swan and then finally c) this kit. It's very nearly great, but just doesn't quite all fit together for me.

That being said this is the first home kit I'll be buying since the 125th anniversary halves.

• One of the best in recent years.

• I thought it would be hard to come up with something even less appealing than the last home kit but they've pulled it out of the bag. O'Neills have provided two of the worst three kit designs since we turned professional, in my opinion (the other being the 'iconic' Mizuno number posted the other day).

Maybe I'm out of touch in this era of Donald Trump but when it comes to design, less should always be more. Once the club agreed to having a giant red logo on the front they should have done back to the designers and told them to get rid of the swan. Contrast this kit with the simple elegance of the shirt England are playing in at the moment. That's where we should be in 2018, not trying to cram in everyone's clever idea.

• @aloysius this kit is so much better than the last effort it’s in a different universe. I know there’s a lot going on, but that’s clearly the direction the club are taking with kit designs at the moment, and it seems to be having the desired effect.

• The away kit isn't changing is it?

• It’s certainly distinctive and instantly recognisable as WWFC.

• @Glenactico said:
    It’s certainly distinctive and instantly recognisable as WWFC.

Exactly. As people turn on the Saturday night highlights to watch us dispatch yet another L1 team they’ll have no doubt they’re watching Wycombe Wanderers.

• I like it. Looks good

• I like it and have ordered one.

• I need to let it percolate for a bit - it's a shock to the system! My first impression is I don't mind the red logo like I thought I would, but that the swan would be better as an actual water mark, rather than a drawing. However, this feels like something that will grow on me.

• The swan design reminds me of an old duvet cover the club used to sell, some years ago. I’m not too keen on the red logo and I agree that the Oxford blue should be darker but overall I like it. It’s good to be distinctive!

• I appreciate that Cherry Red Records are paying for the sponsorship and are entitled to have their logo just as they want it. However, the kit would be so much better without the logo.
    Don't mind the swan at all, it's quirky, and
    the quartered design is instantly Wycombe even if the dark blue is a bit pale.
    Overall I'll give the design 7/10 and possibly buy a training top instead.

• Mad wild genius.

• I know money talks but i just wish the sponsor's logo was a little bit smaller to show a bit more of the swan,still it is growing on me so i'll end up buying one as per usual.

• I don't know for sure but aren't there FL league rules about size and position of logo?

• Can anyone who has seen one in the flesh confirm whether the badge is printed or embroidered? Looks printed in the pictures, which would be a shame as I think it cheapens it.

• The O’Neills ones have been printed in the past, and I prefer it.