Skip to content

Andrew Howard + Shirt Speculation

Comments

• Great to get the walk out music changed to this as, I assume, part of the deal.

• A Cherry Red playlist pre-match would be perfect. I'd suggest this (or anything else from these chaps)...

• @floyd said:
    Sponsorship by a local independent record label is excellent.

Indeed. And far better than the usual choice these days of an online betting company.

• As my band were rejected by cherry red in 1982 I find this all very painful.

• @Wendoverman said:
    As my band were rejected by cherry red in 1982 I find this all very painful.

Did RCA come to the rescue?

• Not even the rac could rescue us.

• Splendidly named band for WWFC fans, @Ned_Ludd. My favourite track of theirs is "Frans Hals".

• @Wendoverman said:
    As my band were rejected by cherry red in 1982 I find this all very painful.

My band were signed to Cherry Red, but only in the classic ZX Spectrum music business simulation, ‘The Biz’.

Side note, the game was written by Chris Sievey, aka Frank Sidebottom

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biz_(video_game)

• I think it’s a great sponsor for the club and a nice nod towards Wycombe’s important role in the history of UK punk.

• If they get this shirt right, it could be instantly iconic, between the sponsor and the potentially interesting watermark. I am not sure if anyone has brought this up, but O'Neills have already delved into watermarks, doing one for the Democratoc Republic of Congo:

https://www.oneills.com/us_en/drc-home-jersey-2017.html

• This is Adam from Cherry Red and I have been an avid reader of the old gasroom and this new one, but I don’t usually join in the chat but wanted to say something as it is related to me personally and Pre kit launch. First of all thanks for the positive comments, it is appreciated. The shirt negotiations were handled in a professional manner by the club and it was not rushed, and certainly no favours were given, it is wrong to think otherwise. I personally at first was unsure about how the logo looked on the kit, some of you will like it but some will hate it. But it grew on me and also to be honest there is a lot better ways for us to spend the money advertising our artists than sponsoring Wycombe, so I had to be fair to Cherry Red. We did it because we want to help the club, and I hope you all take it in that spirit and don’t be too hard on us. Also apologies if we rejected any of your demos in the past, we all make mistakes! Here’s to a great season and long live Gasroom

• Cherry Red Records are lovers of football.

They will always mock Holmer Green's youth failures in the 90's

• LX1LX1
    edited July 2018

Cherry

• LX1LX1
    edited July 2018

Holmer Green FC ...look hard at the tasche bloke

• LX1LX1
    edited July 2018

Nice tasche Holmer green! Look after those young lads

• LX1LX1
    edited July 2018

Holmer Green....shit club going nowhere

• Holmer Green have never been involved in match fixing. And I have definitely not shot this deliciously plump breasted pigeon

• I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.

• New keepers kit being revealed this morning.

• @Kelmanblues thanks for posting and even greater thanks for putting in your time and money to sponsor the club.

As I’m sure you know as a football fan, you can’t please everyone in the stands no matter what you do or how you do it.

I don’t think the gasroom is worse than any other footie forum in this respect, but it’s a bit depressing that our brand new sponsor has to come on here and defend the deal against totally baseless accusations of rushed or underhand negotiations.

• That's slightly worrying that even the bloke from Cherry Red Records isn't sure about how the logo looks on the kit...Which means its very red, and not very subtle. I guess we will find out on Saturday

• Just like to say that I’ve met Adam from CRR many times and he’s a great guy who has a real affection for Wycombe Wanderers. I’m confident that he wouldn’t have done anything that wasn’t in the club’s best interests. He’s given us great support so it would be nice if we can make an effort to reciprocate.

• @kelmanblues We got a very nice letter so the shattered dreams and ruins of my rock career are all in the past now. Thanks for your support of the club.l shall assume your experience of the glories of the gasroom prepared you for the inevitable financial conspiracy theories and pre-season grumbling. Thanks to all at cherry red!

• Love the keeper kit again this year

• Not entirely sure I’ll be loving the cherry red logo on the quarters though.