Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• Not much of a pun that @Wwfc2015_

• Back to thread topic. “Luke Steele been released.......”. - nine ‘e’s in four consecutive words.

• @micra The news 'Midfielder Ebere Eze released' would top that in more ways than one!

• @Jonny_King said:
    Not much of a pun that Wwfc2015_

He’s no pundamentalist.

• That’s a ‘like’ from me @Jonny_King .

• Just for @micra, the maximum for "e" over 4 words would be 20.

Not the most football related wording, but you could have

Beekeepers' enfeeblement deepfreezes peacekeeper.

What was this thread again?

• An accountant once told me that the only word with three consecutive double letters is bookkeeper (and variants).

• @chris, that tales me back to being about 11!
    There was "Bookkeeper", and the other one our teacher would go on about was how could you have the word "and" 5 times in a row.

It was some convoluted story about a pub called "The Fox and Gun", and talking about the linking of the words

"The fox and "and", and "and" and gun

Not 100% sure I understand it to this day!

• Luke Steele should be signed if only because he sounds like a cowboy in a 1970s pulp western.

• A sentence making sense with the same word five times in a row is small beer I am afraid. The record as far as I know is twelve, in an argument at school between two boys about whether a phrase should be in capitals or not;

John, where Steve had had "had had", had had "HAD HAD"; "had had" had had the teachers approval.

• By the way I might be able to beat Malone's 20 'e's in four words that describe our prison system, overdependence, enfeeblement,
    electioneered cheerlessnesses.

It's 20 all but I think I win on penal "e"s

• When is Gaz back from his holidays? This could be a long summer.

• @DevC What if Steve's name was Had?

• Congratulations Chris

• As you can imagine, I’m loving all the hads and ands.
    @Malone: I think the landlord was upbraiding the sign painter over the uneven spaces between Fox and and and and and Gun.
    @DevC: very good on the ‘e’s if a little contrived but love the penal ‘e’s bit. Very clever.
    Off to see Charles Dunne now (Celtic v Motherwell.)

• PS will be mowing the lawns (just under a quarter of an acre in total) when Man U have beaten Chelsea.

• Grass is a bit long today then......;-)

• Wasn’t sure who I wanted to win yesterday. Used to enjoy watching United when Ronnie Ronalde or whatever he was called was playing and have never warmed to Chelsea. Result a matter of supreme indifference really - just thought United would edge it and I’d have that “told you so” feeling !
    Got round to lawns today. Covered just under a mile. Knackered.

• Danny Loader of Reading and Kristian Dennis of Chesterfield linked with moves to the blues

• Wasn’t Loader part of our academy?

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Wasn’t Loader part of our academy?

He was. Moved to Reading when he was 13 I believe.

• Not 18 until August. Scored 6 goals in 14 appearances in the U17 World Cup last year. Was only briefly with WW in 2012.

• Kristian Dennis is altogether a different kettle of fish. A prolific goalscorer wherever he’s played including 20 last season with Chesterfield. Aged 28, that is the furthest south this Mancunian’s football career has taken him. I know not whether he is out of contract, whether he’s the right kind of character to fit in at Wycombe or indeed whether he’d want to come further south. Personal circumstances might be an important factor.

• Apparently Dennis has a year left on his contract, but the rumour is he had a release clause if Chesterfield were relegated. It seems any deal for Loader would be a loan move.

• yeh and they have offered Dennis a new deal or supposedly so, but he posted on twitter that was rubbish ....... sounds like the usual Martin Allen BS !

• @Jonny_King said:
    Apparently Dennis has a year left on his contract, but the rumour is he had a release clause if Chesterfield were relegated. It seems any deal for Loader would be a loan move.

Perhaps Danny Loader could be the token season-long youth loanee which I vaguely recall EFL clubs are now obliged to take on. I’d welcome clarification on that one.
    @DevC : can you help on that one?

• edited May 2018

Is Billy Knott worth a go. I seem to remember him being OK on loan. He's got his demons but I feel if any team could help him beat them it would be us:

• Just to answer your question, Micra, I believe there are new rules starting from next season requiring clubs to have one "home-grown player" in the match day squad (including subs).

Home grown player is I believe defined as must have been at club for at least 12 months by end of season in which player is 19. I think Matt bloomfield joined us just too late to qualify. Don't know if rules allow players that have left and come back to qualify (Stewart) or counts players that have left but returned on loan (Ingram? and possibly the lad Loader??).

penalty for not complying is not onerous - you just get six subs instead of seven.

All of this may have changed from what was originally proposed anyway.