Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• @niebieski - Would be worth the risk perhaps on a short pay as you play contract. Having people like Gareth, Bayo and Blooms around him might give him a better chance of alleviating his health problems.

• Personally I'd be happy to sign him and rated him highly when he was with us on loan.

We aren't a charity but when you listen to the improvement in Tyson moral in @bluntphil 's excellent interview, clearly we have a dynamic which could help him in this situation. In fact it's such a good interview I'm going to listen to it again now.

• Curtis Thompson released by Notts County

• Dennis has now been transfer listed by Chesterfield. Guess they'll want a fee which probably rules us out.

• @niebieski said:
    Curtis Thompson released by Notts County

Not sure he is what we need at first division level.

• I'd sign him if Bean decides to call it a day, but I don't think we need both.

• Dennis was always going to command a fee. Imagine 100k would be our absolute limit but we will see, the Notts Post is quoting this as the asking price.

• The deal that fell through on deadline day was reported as £185,000 that Bradford were prepared to pay before Chesterfield pulled the plug.

• We almost certainly won't be paying a fee for anyone. Especially not for a striker, where we have an embarrassment of riches already. There will be players released from London and Midlands clubs in the Championship and League One who we're much more likely to sign than established League Two players commanding a fee (even if they've been relegated to the Conference). Players like Akinde and Dennis will surely need to look elsewhere - while we hoover up those released from QPR, Birmingham etc.

Also, I'd take a punt on Billy Knott, he's exactly the sort of player we need in our midfield. I'm sure he's got fond memories of the club and seems like he's keen to start afresh.

• I rather doubt whether Billy Knott has fond memories of his time at Adams Park. I don’t think he was a happy bunny when he left and the latest news about his personal problems is hardly going to spark a rush for his signature. It’s a desperately sad state of affairs but at least he now appears to be getting the professional support and counselling he needs. He put in some great performances for us and I’m sure we all wish him well and a continuation of his journey towards “a better place”.

• Twitter rumours linking us to Ryan Allsopp and former Luton defender Scott Cuthbert, both free agents after being released. Allsopp would certainly be a good signing. I've seen Cuthbert play but can't for the life of me remember what he's like.

• alsopp would be brilliant imo ....cuthbert, no thanks

• @Jonny_King said:
    Twitter rumours linking us to Ryan Allsopp and former Luton defender Scott Cuthbert, both free agents after being released. Allsopp would certainly be a good signing. I've seen Cuthbert play but can't for the life of me remember what he's like.

Richie will be able to give you a detailed dossier on Cuthbert!

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    alsopp would be brilliant imo ....cuthbert, no thanks

Allsop wouldn't be a good signing.
    Cuthbert would be a superb one.

• @clifty04 Funny, I remember him being pretty good during his loan spell, but then again my memory is appalling. I didn't see either of our games against Lincoln so you've probably seen him more recently than me.

• @clifty04 said:

thata the beaty of opinions...alsopp waw class when he was at WWFC ....my opinion!

• I think I remember Cuthbert as being a big skinhead goon defender who ate everything up in the air.

• you couldn't play Cuthbert and El Abd together cos neither can run but he would be a good signing to play alongside Stewart or Sido but as El Abd has just signed a 2 year deal I would suggest he is gonna play.

• I understand Loris Karius is looking for a new club. Although I think we could do better.

• Would our Gareth be able to work the magic if we took him on loan?

• Nasty tweet from Morecambe on the subject

• @EssexWanderer said:
    Nasty tweet from Morecambe on the subject

What was tweeted? As it’s been deleted

• @braywanderer said:
    What was tweeted? As it’s been deleted

‘Just had a call from Karius’s agent. Sorry, no go.’

• edited May 2018

Not the best of games did he have. Bet the atmosphere on the plane ride home was a a bit, shall we say "thoughtful"!

• Although supporters get very wound up about mistakes his fellow professionals seem to accept that mistakes happen. Who has ever played any sport without knowing that? Even the most highly paid and skilled footballers are not exempt. Those lower down even more so.

• Win as a team, lose as a team...

• There's making mistakes, and then there's that first goal! That was absolutely farcical! The archetypal "schoolboy" one.

• @Jonny_King said:
    clifty04 Funny, I remember him being pretty good during his loan spell, but then again my memory is appalling. I didn't see either of our games against Lincoln so you've probably seen him more recently than me.

I actually thought he was quite good for us. However was then shocking for Pompey in the play-offs immediately after, and hasn't really kicked on since then. L1 & L2 loan deals.
    I actually didn't see him this season, as was only at Lincoln for the 2nd half of the season and I missed the game at Sincil Bank, where apparently he was superb and did win MoM. But I just feel we could do a lot better.

As for Cuthbert, always been imperious for me against us for Luton. I don't think we'd have won at Kenilworth Road in January if he was fit. Also scored against us at AP the last 2 seasons.
    Feel he'd be the 3rd L1 class CB we so desperately need to compete with Stewart & El-Abd. As a Sido/Scarr type as backup won't suffice in League One with Stewart undoubtedly set to miss a chunk of the season through injury.