Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• Cuthbert signs for Stevenage. As has Jamal Campbell-Ryce

• Stevenage could be a good tip for promotion next season having pocketed a reported £1.5m from Watford for Wilmot . Seems they are already strengthening the squad with this money.

• i would of expected us to make some moves already...do player contracts end 1st june or July?

• And they're off...

• @Wendoverman said:
    And they're off...

just asking a question...if you dont have something constructive to say.....

• Say it anyway?

• Sorry @Wwfc2015_ what I meant to say was: What is Gareth doing? Does he now know we're in League One now? Where are the new signings? I would expect to have heard by now! Why has JJ not signed yet? They cannot all be on holiday can they? And if they are...HOW DARE THEY!! We pay their wages. What are the Board doing? Where is Howard? We are missing out on all the talent now available!! GA is obviously off to Barnsley, having signed all his pensioner mates to long contracts at our expense. And if he doesn't go...He won't keep us up you know.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    just asking a question...if you dont have something constructive to say.....

That should see you top out at about three posts a season going forwards (I have assumed we have a good cup run).

• I’m surprised you haven’t bought a load of players for us with all that money you earn.

• €£€£$$€£$$

• You’re paid in 3 different currencies? That’s impressive.

• Our first signing last Summer was Adam El Abd on July 3rd. It’s possible that England will be home from the World Cup before we announce anyone this year...

• Henry Newcombe has signed for Margate, so perhaps we will be looking for a new young keeper.

• Can anyone confirm what on earth that whole Newcombe signing was about?
    And why he strutted round the pitch at the end of season walkaround? Despite never being anywhere near it all year?

• Strutted?? Really?? Seems a bit of an extreme view of a player who Ainsworth clearly invited in to enjoy the celebrations and presumably had some impact and help on the training ground if not on the pitch.

• I assume he was there at season's end for the same reason the other players of the club were there.

I am more interested to know why his signing was never announced and why he didn't have a profile on the website.

• A curious one, that. Feels a bit uncomfortable.

• Do you think he was a tax dodge @micra?

• @Malone said:
    Can anyone confirm what on earth that whole Newcombe signing was about?
    And why he strutted round the pitch at the end of season walkaround? Despite never being anywhere near it all year?

I wouldn't say he strutted around the pitch. He even laughed and clapped a sarcastic chant of "Who are ya?" towards him.
    He played in our pre-season friendlies last year and was often seen in the pre-match warm up so had some sort of part to play in it all I'd say.

• To be honest (as always), that thought hadn’t crossed my mind. It would be interesting to know why the whole business was, to all intents and purposes, kept secret. I was unaware that he played in the pre-season Friendlies and, other than at the last home game, I hadn’t noticed him in the pre-match warm-ups - possibly because I am usually supping a pint in the Woodland at that time.

• Unless the reason for the mystery over his signing was that Mr Newcombe was in fact a time traveller, he can't have appeared in too many pre-match warm-ups as most saturdays by 3pm he was required to be between the goalposts down Essex way.

Young kid, signed and then immediately loaned out, trained with us, hoped he would develop as a prospect, didn't enough released at end of season. Wish him well. Quite why he was never announced, I suspect we will never know.

• Perhaps as most transfer fees are undisclosed, Newcombe asked to be undisclosed!

• @DevC I saw him (or at least I assume it was him) in the pre-match a few times.

• I’m just disappointed that, after a full season of now you see him now you don’t, I was denied the opportunity to run the rule over him and perhaps to have a moan about the error of judgment in letting him go. That’s what it’s all about, isn’t it?
    We’ve been tantalised!

• I believe he played around 30 times for canvey, so I suppose Wendover, there were a few Saturdays when he wasn't playing that he could have been with us plus a few more (eg week nights) when there was no clash.

• @micra I'm appalled that he came in and went out without richie even noticing he had arrived/was there/had left.

• It’s not uncommon to have a ‘training’ goalkeeper to save shots during shooting practice or play in goal during a practice game but not actually play in matches. Most clubs would use an academy keeper when a first team striker wanted to do some extra shooting practice, to give him some first team experience.

• I clearly remember him warming up with Brown a few times but I'll go with those who never go to games if they have better evidence. Maybe that's why I don't consider it as much of a mystery has others.

• Not sure I get the fuss.

We don’t have a youth team so from time to time will take a punt on youngsters that find themselves being let go by other clubs.

Sometimes it’ll work - O’Nien and Kashket

Sometimes it won’t - Rowe, Newcombe, De Havilland.

No big deal.

• Easy for you to say @TheatreOfChairs.