Skip to content

Our own idiot element have been at it again

Comments

• @Username They don't record instances of social media based disrespect though, so these figures are void and moot.

• Reported Gasroom disrespect figures alone would push crime stats through the roof!

• https://mobile.twitter.com/YvetteCooperMPhttps://mobile.twitter.com/YvetteCooperMP
    This is my final post on this matter since it’s obvious that some (most?) of you have a different view on the subject to mine, although that doesn’t necessarily make me wrong. Anyway, I joined the gas room to talk football not crime/politics so I’ll stick to matters WWFC from now on.
    But I’m thick skinned (some might say just thick) so no hard feelings and that even includes username!

• No hard feelings at all.

(I can't get your link to work FYI)

• Apologies for that but - and purely for the record - Yvette Cooper, a former Home Secretary, said today that violent crime is rising. Probably best if we both agree to disagree.

• I'll have to disagree about the agreeing to disagree thing, at least where it comes to statistically-measurable things like crime rates. We've already in this discussion linked to historic reported crime rates and National Crime Survey results. What Yvette Cooper puts in a tweet about policing budgets as part of the usual politicking process is neither here nor there and adds nothing to anyone's knowledge or understanding of the matter.

• @HCblue said:
    I'll have to disagree about the agreeing to disagree thing, at least where it comes to statistically-measurable things like crime rates. We've already in this discussion linked to historic reported crime rates and National Crime Survey results. What Yvette Cooper puts in a tweet about policing budgets as part of the usual politicking process is neither here nor there and adds nothing to anyone's knowledge or understanding of the matter.

Politics aside, a former Home Secretary would surely not lie about crime rates? Mind you, she is married to Ed Balls!

• She was only referring to the published figures for the year. Not adding anything to anything.

• A politician using figures to make a political point. Wow. Thanks for the debate @glasshalffull it’s been interesting. Peace and love

• She's a former Shadow Home Secretary by the way. Big difference.

• You are of course quite correct. My mistake.

• In town and just heard some drunken singing...

• edited November 2017

@arnos_grove said:

Yawn

• @realDonaldTrump said:
    I think there is blame on both sides. Some of these terrace guys are very fine people, very fine people. And what about the alt-white, shouldn't they share the blame for not being the same colour as this fine young man? I'm with Midlander and Bacon_Sandwich, this fine young man was obviously provoked by a member of the alt-white and we should be welcoming so-called racists into the ground for the pennies profit we get from the burger stand.

Thanks Big D

• I did hear a few more sirens than usual last night though in my area.

• That trend is clearly not reflected at Adams Park.

• @glasshalffull if you start believing what ambitious millionare politicians say for self-publicity purposes before you know it you'll be out of Europe and Donald Trump will be president...

• Our goons seem to be singlehandedly trying to keep the numbers up!

• I'm not aware of any arrests at Adams Park this season, unless the lad on Saturday was arrested in the end. In which case, that's one.

• I think we went all of 15/16 arrest-free if I remember correctly. Not sure about last season.

• Ok, not arrested per se, however, have we not had a recent spate of pyrotechnic carriers refused entry at AP & The County Ground and subsequently banned, plus, reported racism? Just because they don't go down as "arrested" on some flow chart, doesn't mean that the trend isn't downward, on the "acceptable behaviour" graph.

• Just because we've heard about a few more of these things this season equally does not mean it is.

• edited November 2017

@HCblue said:
    Just because we've heard about a few more of these things this season equally does not mean it is.

Exactly, go back even a couple of years and clubs were far less social media savvy so we probably wouldn't have heard either way.

• New to the conversation, but I gather crime may be up...or down?

• This discussion Topic is becoming anti-social if not a crime against humanity!

• @StrongestTeam We need verifiable statistics to prove your assertion.........;-)

• Oh no.....I've started it all again

• Heaves sigh. It seems to have stopped now.

• I think the point was is hasn't?