Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• Ok, it was a bit of an escalation but players hear "you are shit" comments all the time. I can't see Pierre reacting to that. So if true, what would tip him over the edge.........my guess is racial slurs or comments about his family. I hope I am wrong and it is all a load of bollocks.

• Staggering the amount of posts about something that is a total unknown apart from by a couple of people.

Shut it down people. If something happened punishment will be handed out.

Sadly social media allows everyone to advance this situation to crazy levels. Lies, mistruths, exaggerations and allegations fly unanswered.

This is quite a depressing end to a depressing day.

• The same fans who chant loyal supporters acting in the most disloyal manner crowing that they've got a bite from a player.

• Giving the small window of time that the incident was supposed to have happened in, it should be fairly easy to establish AP's whereabouts.

When and if he's cleared, the 'supporter' in question should be banned for life.

• Can someone more technically competent than me share the photo from Twitter? It's worth a laugh.

• There is a photo on Twitter of a guy with a bloodied nose. I recognise him as one of the rude and obnoxious crowd who are an embarrassment to themselves and the Club at away matches. Thankfully, I sit well away from them at home matches. They are trouble and they cause trouble. Personally I would have difficulty feeling any sympathy for him whatsoever irrespective of the cause of his bloodied nose.

• @Malone said:
    NewburyWanderer , why does that matter?
    It's the period between the match ending and the 5.30 start of the event that is the key time!

Normally, you'd do quite well to get from the club to Tesco and back before 5.30! Let alone if you had to change first. Do our players not do cool downs these days either?!

Did Aaron walk to the Tesco in question if so he would have been seen walking away from the ground with the fans. He would have had to walk straight off the pitch and down hillbottom rd to to be there for 5.30ish dodging a few thousand fans and then walk back against the flow probably talking to fans and having selfies taken,which would slow his progress down further.If indeed he went by car he would not have reached Tesco until 6ish and then to get back in time for the 500club dinner also against the flow with the added obstacle of road works which gave priority to traffic leaving AP. I maybe wrong but timings don't add up.

• Let's wait and see what happens. However, I disagree with some, in that regardless of provocation, a person in a position of responsibility should not engage in arguments/fights/assaults, and if found to have done so should not play for the club again. It's a shame, as regardless of outcome, he has been a great player for the club in his time, and I would hate that to end prematurely

• @braywanderer said:
    Did Aaron walk to the Tesco in question if so he would have been seen walking away from the ground with the fans. He would have had to walk straight off the pitch and down hillbottom rd to to be there for 5.30ish dodging a few thousand fans and then walk back against the flow probably talking to fans and having selfies taken,which would slow his progress down further.If indeed he went by car he would not have reached Tesco until 6ish and then to get back in time for the 500club dinner also against the flow with the added obstacle of road works which gave priority to traffic leaving AP. I maybe wrong but timings don't add up.

Exactly. Google Maps says it is a 14 minute walk from AP to the Tesco, so it would have taken him 30 minutes to get there and back (with the incident added). And many people would have seen him. If he drives it would take even longer as everyone knows the extent of the queues coming out of AP after the game. They can take over an hour. However, by many accounts on Twitter and Facebok, Pierre was back for the Supporters Event at 6ish. This doesn't seem possible if you account for him getting showered and changed into a suit, as well as the general post-match analysis. The game finished at 4:55, so he'll only have got into the changing room at 5. Something seems off.

• Totally disagree @Tom. If he is found to have done so I'd like to see the club make him captain, give him a new contract and maybe a medal.

• edited April 2017

[deleted upon better judgement]

• Again, a role model and person in a position of responsibility should be able to conduct themselves properly, and set an example to others. Alas @drcongo we disagree

• I also disagree, @Tom . AP is not "in a position of responsibility". He plays football well enough that other people will pay to watch his team. If someone is "man" enough to abuse him outside Tesco, he ought to be man enough to take the consequences without bleating about it.

• edited April 2017

Unfortunately most of us are unable to be shining beacons unlike yourself Tom.

• @drcongo said:
    Totally disagree Tom. If he is found to have done so I'd like to see the club make him captain, give him a new contract and maybe a medal.

And a bus named after him

• @mooneyman please highlight where I have suggested I am 'a shining beacon'. I feel that a player represents his club both on and off the field. I struggle to see how that is even remotely contentious

• How many people start a post "Let's wait and see what happens" and then proceed not to.
    I however haven't and expect this will be front page news in the Coventry Telegraph.

• And this responsibility you describe attaches to everyone, not just footballers. It starts with not being rude to each other in public. It's not just AP who needs to conduct himself properly.

• Regarding the timing was Pierre involved in the warm down after the game ?

• @HCblue absolutely. When the facts emerge both parties may be in the wrong. I have not suggested otherwise.

• Not picking on you here @tom, but to argue the opposite case by being fair all round: this twat on Twitter must also represent his employer, both in and outside the place of work, and should therefore should be able to conduct himself properly or face the sack.

• This twat is probably unemployable and living on benefits.

• @drcongo I doubt he holds a position where people view him as a role model, however, if he conducted himself in an improper manner I assume his employers (if he has one) would be interested in this and take appropriate action. Most employers will have a clause in a standard contract regarding brining the company into disrepute, which could come into play

• @Tom . Unless you imagine that AP went up to a stranger and attacked him or know him to have a notably short temper, I don't know why you think it is AP whose conduct we should be questioning.

• @HCblue I've not questioned anyone specifically. However, regardless of provocation, a role model should behave themselves and act as a ambassador for the club. If this has not happened (as we do not know) then it should be questioned

• Why should footballers, or any other sportsman for that matter, be looked on as a role model?

• This role model thing is nonsense. His job is to play football. That's it. The reason an incident like this may (or may not) have happened is because of gobby idiots like this Biggs bloke thinking they can mouth off without consequences, not because AP is some kind of psycho.

• Again, I am clearly alone here, however I feel that a player represents a club both on and off the pitch. I am surprised I am in my own on this, however will leave the conversation at this point

• Very good point @drcongo unless his hair loss is very premature I'm assuming this is not a child therefore he is responsible for his own conduct and the only thing we can be sure of is he has admitted to gobbing off to someone in public as they say in legal circles .