Skip to content

Radio Coverage & Blog

Comments

• I think Marlowe’s influence is also discernible, Dev. Did he spend a season there? I believe Henry (Newcombe) also benefitted.

• Has Richard III signed following the sacking of Lester?

• Ransacked the park.

• I doubt there's another football forum in the country with such high quality puns. Well done everyone.

• That Tyson interview was a really good listen, thanks @bluntphil. Nice to hear that he has as much class off the pitch as on it.

Any chance of a Sido interview before the end of the season. We hear a lot about his character from the other players but I don't think I've ever heard the man speak.

• Very good suggestion @drcongo.
    He did a Q&A session with John Taylor in the Woodland Lounge on Saturday but it was difficult to hear what he was saying a lot of the time. He is an extraordinary character and, from what I COULD hear his English has improved a lot since he came to the club. He cuts an imposing figure and, hair included, is about 6’3”. Hair plus black horn-rimmed glasses give him something of a mad professor look.
    From the reception he got before and after the brief session, he is immensely popular.

Sincerely hope he’s offered a new/extended contract but just a slight word of caution. I’ve noticed this season that he does a lot of knee flexing during games. Not sure if this is a new thing but he does seem to have been out with injury rather more this season than previously.

Great interview with Tys.

• Can't look at him with his specs on without thinking of Moss from The IT Crowd.

• If only I knew who he was!

• edited April 2018

Richard Ayoade. MDH has called it spot on!

• Oh, the quirky travelogue guy. Yes but considerably more animated than El Sid.

• Yep, that's him. Ultra-dry humour and even bigger hair than the Jomster. But I bet he doesn't have such telescopic lower limbs...

• I interviewed Matt Bloomfield and we spoke about his new Wycombe Wanderers contract and the big game against Chesterfield:

https://philcatchpole.com/2018/04/27/mr-wycombe-extends-contract-at-adams-park/

• All great interviews as ever, thanks Phil.

Perhaps I’m wrong but I couldn’t help think you may have asked a question re; further contract extensions only to then cut it out due to how the clip ended?

I’m really hoping JJ is next on the list and would be more than happy to retain Sido too.

• Commentary highlights... I had a bit of headache yesterday so just got round to it:

https://philcatchpole.com/2018/04/30/commentary-highlights-chesterfield-v-wycombe-wanderers/

• Thanks for the commentary on Saturday Phil - couldn't make it to the game and living in Oxford had to sit in my car on the driveway all afternoon as it's the only place I can get 3CR on MW. Think I buggered the suspension when the final whistle went.

• Sounds like a quiet afternoon @bluntphil . It's a long time since I've heard Howard Jones as well...is he a chairboys fan?

• Wanderers really did throw off their mental chains on Saturday.

• @Wendoverman He's from High Wycombe, but no idea if he is a Chairboy or not.

@drcongo precisely!

• This is the press room sir, you do not celebrate!

• Well, bloody hell you learn something every day.

• @bluntphil I thought just before the final commentary of the season would be a good time to send a bit of praise your way for your fantastic commentaries (mainly the more southerly away games and long distance midweekers for me). Plenty of insight, nice dose of humour, and an amazing ability to commentate neutrally on your own team! Excellent stuff!!

• Not sure that `neutrality' fell strictly within BBC guidelines on Saturday!

Nor would I ever want it to,

• I'm all for a bit of excitement coming through over the airwaves - but I think Phil calls it pretty fairly.

• I usually am either there or not near a radio so don;t get the full commentary experience except when @bluntphil posts them...his summaries and interviews on BBC Radio WatfordMK DonsLuton are always right and proper fair like.

• Many thanks for the kind words @LeedsBlue. I do try and and keep a semblance of impartiality but as it's local BBC, we are allowed to favour 'our team', so to speak.

• @bluntphil said:
    Many thanks for the kind words LeedsBlue. I do try and and keep a semblance of impartiality but as it's local BBC, we are allowed to favour 'our team', so to speak.

That last sentence is a bit of an understatement @bluntphil ! I listened on IFollow to our away match v Luton. May as well have been listening to Nathan Jones doing the commentary in your absence. The 3 counties guys were that biased I imagined they were wearing the full orange LTFC kit and scarves whilst at their work.

• The Sido interview is brilliant.

• Sido is very entertaining. Can see that he could possibly a "pain in the derriere" to room with!

• Loved the Sido interview. What a great guy - honestly, I'd give him a contract just to have him around on the back of it.