Skip to content

Radio Coverage & Blog

Comments

• Just listened to the other two also, top work @bluntphil

• Sorry to bombard you all with content today, but here’s one more from me:

https://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/gareth-ainsworth-wycombe-wanderers-promotion-football-league-two/355974

This was a real labour of love. Enjoy tomorrow everyone x

• superb article

not many around like Ainsworth

• Wow.

Brilliantly written telling an amazing story of a remarkable guy leading a wonderful club. I'm a cynical old bugger but there's a tear in my eye.

Enjoy the celebration tomorrow all.

• edited May 2018

I hope in vain that, when the going inevitably gets tough again at some point in the future, even the most fickle fan remembers what Ainsworth has done for this club. He is a legend and a gentleman.

• Excellent stuff again, @bluntphil

• if @bluntphil doesn't get a Wycombe podcast up and running next season it will be a travesty

and also because he simply doesn't love the club enough

• Great interviews @bluntphil . It's great that the boss and players are so comfortable around you. You obviously buy a round...which is the minimum I look for in a sports journalist. Strangely I think the pink goalie strip looks better anyway...and I never thought I would ever write that sentence. We can only hope Baz has kept off the mushrooms and out of the Navajo smoke tent for next season's design! As for Sido...It's also not beyond the wit of man that he could do a job as the target man!!

• @bluntphil , you are an important part of what makes Wycombe as special as it is. Thank you for all you do. The article, the interviews, your commentaries - great stuff.

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    bluntphil , you are an important part of what makes Wycombe as special as it is. Thank you for all you do. The article, the interviews, your commentaries - great stuff.

POTD for me! Totally concur.

• Phil, you’re a star. Even with the luxury of being able to watch the match live on the interweb I still find myself listening to you more often than not. Keep being yourself, there’s nobody better qualified.

• edited May 2018

Wow, another great article. You, like WWFC, have come a long way in your journo skills since that 1st day I met you. Taking you to Cheltenham after I put up an offer on this very board. I remember you spoke passionately about WWFC and football in general and also your desire to become a football journalist and commentator. Extremely pleased for you that you have travelled some considerable distance along the long journey, (like GA & WWFC), to achieving that end goal. Was a right poo result that day at Cheltenham, I think we lost 4-0? We watched Gareth do his best with a very limited squad in numbers & ability and had a long journey home.
    Remember me and my little ginger kid when you've made it to the top and are commentating on the Champions League Cup Final. We will again be there next season so see you on or L1 journey sometime?
    We're on our way!!!

• Great stuff as ever Phil and thank you for all your tremendous work.

• re Ainsworth interview..are there any Brentford fans in Wycombe?!

• @bluntphil said:
    Sorry to bombard you all with content today, but here’s one more from me:

https://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/gareth-ainsworth-wycombe-wanderers-promotion-football-league-two/355974

This was a real labour of love. Enjoy tomorrow everyone x

That is simply a wonderful article Phil - brings tears to the eyes. Makes me feel awful that some of the fans (I'm glad to say I was never one of them) were shouting for Ainsworth to go when all along all that was going on and he wasn't even being paid. He really has put his heart and soul into this club and to have had someone like him in charge when we were in such turmoil makes us incredibly lucky IMO.

• I wrote some words for ShortList which might make you feel positive about Englands chances at the World Cup...

https://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/psychology-positive-thinking-england-world-cup-southgate-butcher-pearce-gazza/360292

• Great article Phil, really well put together. Extra points for inclusion of the right use of the word “banter”. At the end of it all they’re saying we’ll be their or thereabouts!)

• Excellent stuff.

• Brilliant. Almost a book.

• No points for the incorrect use of the word “their” @NorsQuarters !

• Reread the article @micra , your proofreading skills are weak! Do I also need to point out the rather awkward use of they’re, there and their in one sentence and the reference to banter?

Do keep up old boy!)

• I’ve never been so insulted in all my life @NorsQuarters ! (I suppose I should get out more.)
    Seriously though, I’d no idea that you were quoting from the blog. I’ve had a quick reread but couldn’t find the phrase to which you have alluded. I’ve proof read hundreds of documents, articles, dissertations etc in my time so, regardless of the levity of the context and your nicely jesting tone, you have touched a raw nerve !!

• Paraphrasing really as a bit of banter. If I have to put it on a plate... “more that it shouldn’t be looked at as the only tool in there cognitive arsenal says Pearce:”

• My 'nailed on' predictions for the forthcoming Football League season, including some Eze love and a tip of the hat to Derek and Kevin:

https://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/english-football-league-efl-predictions-aston-villa-sunderland-middlesbrough/368558

• @bluntphil You do realise you won't get much praise on here for predicting success for MK, don't you?

• CATCHPOLE OUT

• Tactically naive, no plan B and clearly lost the dressing room.

• Hmmm I think Villa will falter again -they are too big to succeed. As a Nottinghamian I say this with absolutely no East Midlands bias of course. And I'm not sure about Lincoln either. Last season may have been their 'promotion boost' season but other than that @bluntphil a good summary.

• I hope there's More of these articles to Combe [sic].

• Hey @bluntphil nice set of predictions well thought out apart from the franchise who are going to the wall this season keep up the good work