Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Junior tried his heart out but our team was pretty disfunctional at the time and it never seemed to happen for him. I always thought he had a spark about him when he came on but obviously Gaz didn't fancy him. I hope he continues to do well at Peterborough.

• Comparing even the Morias of his last season at Wycombe with our current Premier League loanee I'd take Junior every time

• Just for comedy value really, as at least once a game he'd absolutely bundle a player to the floor.
    However, we all know really that the fact we signed him on a 1 year, then very quickly after sent him packing a few days/weeks later, showed it wasn't a football decision.

• Woodman can't play with a broken arm after all.............Oops

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39453707

• Craig W was great for us , player of the year etc. Yet he rarely receives that level of praise in retrospect, we could have had five more good seasons out of him had he been looked after. Better than JJ? Not sure, close call.

• For me not as good as JJ going forward but as good a defender. We've got an upgrade now but Woodman was a great player for us in a key undervalued position.

For me anyone can play right back but left back is an art.

• Woodman was a good player but I think JJ is the best left back we've ever had

• Georgie Porgy was handy and possibly the most colourful linguistically we have ever had.

• George Borg still one of my all time heroes, they say never meet your heroes, but had the pleasure of meeting Borgy and Terry Glynn a couple of years ago. George is every inch the character he was during his playing days, and Terry an absolute gent along with being one of the best centre forwards ive seen in a Wanderers shirt.

• sorry... but as much as we ended up hating him .... Mickey Bell was the best... JJ is good, but Bell was head and shoulders above

• I agree Holmer Blue. Never did understand the flak he got when he left to better himself.

• edited April 2017

@johnthehair said:
    I agree Holmer Blue. Never did understand the flak he got when he left to better himself.

I think it was down to all the badge-kissing and moving to a club that was hardly leagues ahead of us. Plus no-one likes losing a quality player.

• I always recall Martin O'Neill saying that he wasn't the brightest button in the box (or words to that effect.)

• Didn't understand the flak?
    Should we spell it out?

He spun us on all year, giving hope he'd sign a contract, when he'd already long arranged a move to City, a club in our own division, despite all the "ambition" talk.

We then got absolutely fleeced for the fee, a shockingly poor £150k. When they sold Barnard for 750k not much later

• Dave winfield scored the winner against Maidenhead yesterday

• Just seen the crowd figure at Maidenhead yesterday - 3,377. Loads of lapsed Chairboys turning out to remember the "good old days" with Big Dave and Massive* Marv perhaps?
    (* well, according to the "witty" terrace song of the time).

• Amazed their ground holds that many! Must have been an incredibly uncomfortable squeeze!

• Max Kretschmar has scored for Woking after 12 minutes.

• Charles Dunne one of six players released by Oldham .

• I'd forgotten all about him.

• 24, left sided centre back. If still the player he was and his attitude is right, could be a decent replacement if/when Pierre goes.

• Bit of a victim of circumstance, hard to imagine a worse possible time to sign for Blackpool.

• His record doesn't look great at all. 44 league appearances (including 6 for us) in 4 years!

Maybe even more food for thought for Stewart.

• If he did come back would also offer cover for Jacobson.

• Another one with a pelvic problem I believe. He incurred a hairline fracture of the pelvis on Boxing Day and, according to Soccerbase, does not seem to have played since. Taking that into account,together with the the paucity of appearances over the last four years, signing himwould seem to be quite a gamble.

• Holloway is still contracted to them. He must be injured as he has barely featured recently.

• Provided he is fit I would happily have him back. We really do need some proper cover at left back.

• Gaz not a fan, he shipped out all da bad boy crew.

• He was awful at Blackpool.

• TomTom
    edited May 2017

Matt Harrold is managing Crawley for their last game of the season tomorrow against Mansfield