Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• From what I remember, Dunne's performance for us in the JPT at Swindon was one of the worst I've seen in recent years.

• John Paul Pittman when he came on at the Stade de 3 sides with us winning at the time, was probably the most unfit lacklustre performance ive ever seen from a proffesional football.

• @perfidious_albion . Was there a consensus on who the bad boy crew involved exactly?

Everyone would say Morgan, but who else?

Dunne? But we brought him back on loan after selling him.
    Stewart? But Gaz brought him back despite his shenanighans.
    Anyone else in the mix?

• Christ I'd forgotten that Pittman display. He literally couldn't move

• @ Malone It was part of the deal, remember we were in meltdown.

• @Malone said:
    perfidious_albion . Was there a consensus on who the bad boy crew involved exactly?

Everyone would say Morgan, but who else?

Dunne? But we brought him back on loan after selling him.
    Stewart? But Gaz brought him back despite his shenanighans.
    Anyone else in the mix?

Junior M & Marv McCoy I would suggest?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Junior M & Marv McCoy I would suggest?

Didn't like Lee Angol either (played him at full back in his final B&B cup game)

• Lee Angol has been transfer listed by Peterborough. They do love our discarded young players.

• Angol has agreed to Join Lincoln i read.

• @robin said:
    Angol has agreed to Join Lincoln i read.

Good acquisition. Look forward to seeing him at the Park next season.

• Charles Dunne was in Montys after the game, no sign of Woodie post match, looks like he's gone.

• Apparently McCarthy was at the game too in a box.

Wonder if either him or Dunne are looking for a move here, or it's simply catching up with old pals.

• McCarthy is surely too good for this level.

• Dunno is a total non starter for me. On the field his last stay was poor. Off the field I don't think he was the smartest tool in the box. I seem to recall him doing a pressing the flesh session in Eden wearing a Cocaine and Cavier snap back.

• McCarthy was sat with Rowe and Kretzschmar, just a catching up with old pals job. Dunne a free agent, his mate Stewart looks set to sign a new deal, wouldn't be too surprised if he signs in the Summer. Would he be prepared to come in as a back up to JJ at left back though?

• @Croider said:
    McCarthy was sat with Rowe and Kretzschmar, just a catching up with old pals job. Dunne a free agent, his mate Stewart looks set to sign a new deal, wouldn't be too surprised if he signs in the Summer. Would he be prepared to come in as a back up to JJ at left back though?

If Charles is a mate of Anthony then hopefully he will listen to him, the parallels of seeking the 'big time' and having a promising career derailed are there for all to see. Settle down Charles, apply yourself and reignite your career back home with Dobbo and the Chairboys.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub , you're clearly a cooler cat than most of us, what on earth is a "pressing the flesh" session?

A meet and greet? Or something more sinister?

• Dunn was a liability getting sent off for being a twat on more than one occaision so i can't see how he would help the team, if Ainsworth decides to take him on it will be confirmed he's lost the plot and promotion will remain a dream. We need younger players and not crocks to challenge for promotion and i mean Thompson and Hayes as well as a crocked defender.

• Come on @Malone I used the phrase 'snap back' in a post and you pick me up on 'pressing the flesh'.

• I didn't even know where to start with that one!

But Dunne does seem a fairly "intellectually lacking" chap. I'd have thought any pro footballer with half a brain would stay well clear of anything even vaguely mentioning Cocaine. Not wearing gear emblazoned with it,

• Hakan Hayrettin sacked as Braintree boss.

• Alex Lynch has signed for another year at Chester.

• Looks like John Mousinho has been offered a new contract at Championship side Burton - never rated him myself

• @Tom I thought he was a good player myself...two promotions and playing in the Championship would suggest he's not too bad.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Tom I thought he was a good player myself...two promotions and playing in the Championship would suggest he's not too bad.

Quait.

• @StrongestTeam , don't get your meaning there. We sold him, he didn't go on a free, or have any age related stipulation did he?
    So it's simply down to did we include a clause? And if we didn't that's unlike us.

• Scowen is over 24 and hence will leave Barnsley on a free.

Whatever our clause, our share of nil is going to be nil.

• Thanks, for some reason i presumed he'd signed along term deal.

Will be interesting where he pops up.

• I had no recollection at all of Mark Cooper ever playing for the Blues, but apparently he did - 2 games in 1994. So congratulations on a Wycombe old boy on winning promotion to the football league yesterday with FGR.

• He famously scored the goal which earned a points target which meant that all the players got a few days away in Spain