Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Hope this link works, Eze skills and goals 2020

• As long as they’re not interested in Anthony Stewart.

• @micra said:
    As long as they’re not interested in Anthony Stewart.

Not saying he wouldn’t go, but I would hope that AS would think twice before signing a contract elsewhere. His Crewe move showed that the grass isn’t always greener. Out of interest, how long does he have remaining on his existing contract?

• Pierre would be a great signing. I still hope to see him in a Wycombe shirt again.

• I wouldn't pick Pierre ahead of Charles or Stewart.

• @Gary said:

@micra said:

Not saying he wouldn’t go, but I would hope that AS would think twice before signing a contract elsewhere. His Crewe move showed that the grass isn’t always greener. Out of interest, how long does he have remaining on his existing contract?

Until the end of the season

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Gary said:

@micra said:

Until the end of the season

That's dangerous.

• Out of contract in the summer:

Yates
    Stewart
    Mascoll
    Sido
    JGS
    Gape
    Blooms
    Pattison
    Freeman
    Bayo

Isn't Charles technically out of contract on 31st December?

• Out of those Stewart, Gape and Freeman should be priorities plus Bayo if he fancies a last hoorah.

• Those three will be our most important January signings.

• Pierre was always no more than a poor imitator of Kortney.

He was the originator of shithausery.

I’ll get my coat.

• Didn't Nick Freeman sign a new contract earlier this season?

• Yes - he signed an extension up to June 2022 a few months ago

• Ah yeah, someone needs to update Transfermarkt...

Out of contract in the summer:

Yates
    Stewart
    Mascoll
    Sido
    JGS
    Gape
    Blooms
    Pattison
    Freeman
    Bayo

I was sure I remembered JJ signed a 2 year deal at the same time as Sido, and yes, google confirms it.

https://www.thejc.com/sport/football/jacobson-wycombe-wanderers-contract-renewal-1.466160

How have you missed JJ?

Out of contract in the summer:

Yates
    Stewart
    Mascoll
    Sido
    JGS
    Gape
    Blooms
    Pattison
    Freeman
    Bayo

Yates is signed to summer 2021 as well

Come on son, not your normal standard of info...

• edited December 2019

Transfermarkt is normally so reliable! Anyway, I'm off to the pub, so no more info until Boxing Day - when I'm joining @bluntphil on commentary. Merry Christmas to you all!

• Michael Harriman has signed an extended contract, staying at Northampton until the end of the season.

• Always rated Harriman, was sad to see him leave.
    Thought we might go for him now, could provide back up to the right back position and also play left back.

• Missed this. Hadn't realised that Mackail-Smith had gone to Stevenage?

• A rare start for Jason McCarthy today, only his fourth of the season for Millwall, in their 3-0 FA Cup win against Newport. Playing at right back, he laid on the third goal.

• News of Alex Revell https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50994328 who is on the bench for Stevenage today. CMS gets a rare start.

• What's happened to El Abd is the bigger question

• Craig Eastmond sent off for Sutton.

• Just watched Browny in goal for Port Vale on the highlights on the BBC. Happy memories.

• I see Peter Taylor was dismissed as Dagenham manager last week.
    Surely the end of the road, for Taylor's managerial career and tedious tactics.

• Josh Scowen scored an absolutely filthy goal this afternoon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50999391

• Excuse my ignorance (and laziness in not consulting the Dictionary of Urban Slang) but are you being “down wiv dem kids” @eric_plant ? What exactly is a filthy goal?

• @micra said:
    Excuse my ignorance (and laziness in not consulting the Dictionary of Urban Slang) but are you being “down wiv dem kids” @eric_plant ? What exactly is a filthy goal?

I watched the clip but could see no mud on the posts or nets. Really confused.