Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Limbs! Has the Rovers player tweeted a picture of his injuries?

• Fairly sure he posted on here after the Tranmere defeat.

• From the Sunderland forum:

' Talking to a few lads after the game - one who gets to hear a bit what's happening with doing business with a few people close/within the club - reckons the dressing room is fucked with 2 cliques who just fuck each other off all the time. Just a tale don't know how true but when playing they don't seem to like each other much.'

'Think you may be onto something there. Lovely lad that he is, I bet 09 isn't popular with everyone in the dressing room as he may be viewed by some as a golden boy who can play anywhere & could nick your place in the team. You can probavbly tell who the good guys are, but a few of them could be nasty I reckon. Some of the larger, more tattooed players perhaps?'

I wonder if we have a sell-on for the Boy Luke....he may not want to stick around much longer!! :smiley:

• @Wendoverman said:
    Limbs! Has the Rovers player tweeted a picture of his injuries?

I knew I was getting old when "scenes" evolved to "limbs".

• @Wendoverman said:
    From the Sunderland forum:

' Talking to a few lads after the game - one who gets to hear a bit what's happening with doing business with a few people close/within the club - reckons the dressing room is fucked with 2 cliques who just fuck each other off all the time. Just a tale don't know how true but when playing they don't seem to like each other much.'

'Think you may be onto something there. Lovely lad that he is, I bet 09 isn't popular with everyone in the dressing room as he may be viewed by some as a golden boy who can play anywhere & could nick your place in the team. You can probavbly tell who the good guys are, but a few of them could be nasty I reckon. Some of the larger, more tattooed players perhaps?'

I wonder if we have a sell-on for the Boy Luke....he may not want to stick around much longer!! :smiley:

@Wendoverman said:
    From the Sunderland forum:

Truly superb exchange.

Some utterly made up twaddle passed on as fact, O Nien being so versatile everyone is wary of him, and those nasty tattooed players are obviously the main offenders.

Now I hate tattoos, but i'd at least keep my prejudice on them to myself and not as a reason for..well, something made up!

• Are you suggesting those people posting on their forum may have no real idea what is going on in the dressing room @Malone ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Are you suggesting those people posting on their forum may have no real idea what is going on in the dressing room @Malone ?

It's gotta be a possibility at least innit.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Are you suggesting those people posting on their forum may have no real idea what is going on in the dressing room @Malone ?

It's gotta be a possibility at least innit.

Next you'll be saying richie does not have access to players bank accounts/Gareth's team talks.

• So Luke is basically saying that the training was crap at Wycombe. I think he should look at the league table.

• Yeah, I wonder if it's all so much "higher level" now.

• He had come from Wycombe, then just promoted from league 2, to Sunderland, then just relegated from Championship.
    It would be astonishing if that wasn't a step up in intensity in training & match day, greater competition for a place in the team together with higher expectation from fans. I read that as LO9 simply admitting that there was a step up but that he was determined to get there.
    There is no implied criticism of Wycombe that I can see.

• @Twizz - It just seemed a very strange comment for Luke to make. It should be remembered that before he joined us, he was regularly training with the first team at a Premier League club, so going to Sunderland shouldnt really have been a shock.

• edited December 2019

@Twizz said:
    He had come from Wycombe, then just promoted from league 2, to Sunderland, then just relegated from Championship.
    It would be astonishing if that wasn't a step up in intensity in training & match day, greater competition for a place in the team together with higher expectation from fans. I read that as LO9 simply admitting that there was a step up but that he was determined to get there.
    There is no implied criticism of Wycombe that I can see.

Spot on

• August pre-season 20/21 season. New loanee Luke O’Nien knocks on the broom cupboard door that doubles as head coach Richard Dobson’s office at the Chairboys rabbit hole pox marked training ground.
    “Dobbo, old mate, I’m struggling. The intensity, the pressing, the competition for places. You have to understand it just wasn’t like this at Sunderland”. Holding back the tears he stumbles on...
    “Struggling to avoid relegation in League One I found my level with the Black Cats. But the chance to return to leafy Bucks, to the bosom of my family, to try and win a place in a newly promoted Championship side, it’s my life’s ambition”.
    Dobbo looks up from his clip board ....
    “With Curtis Thompson’s move to Barca there is a place to be filled, that’s why your here, but Jacob is running rings round you in training, so nothing is for certain. Go out there and show me we didn’t make a mistake bringing you back in”.
    Luke turns and goes to open the door....
    “And one more think it’s Mr Dobson sonny”.

• Similar to this quote from his agent just after he signed for Sunderland:

"It’s really interesting actually - we spoke earlier in the summer and, no disrespect to Wycombe as they were fantastic with him, but he had outgrown them somewhat and he maybe needed a higher platform. We sat down and discussed clubs that would maybe be a good fit for him, and Sunderland’s name was one of them."

Wonder if he still feels like he's "outgrown" us...

• Yes, he did say 'There are two cliques in the dressing room who are ****ing each other off. It wasn't like that at Wycombe and if something isn't done at this rate we're unlikely to even make the play-offs...' but let's go with the 'I'm finding the training to be of a higher standard but I'm determined to succeed line, shall we?

• Dayle Southwell rejoins Boston (remember them?) on a one month loan.

• Jordan Archer has signed for Oxford.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Jordan Archer has signed for Oxford.

Mostly negative comments on Twitter. I really rated him, has he turned into a bad keeper or something?

• I think he had one error-strewn season at Millwall, but I'm not sure he's done a lot wrong other than that.

• Dave Winfield has signed for Bromley, from Chelmsford City.

http://www.bromleyfc.tv/site/winfield-added-to-defensive-ranks/

• Jordon Ibe makes it to the Bournemouth bench for their game against Liverpool who thankfully (for us) sold him on.

• @AlanCecil said:
    Jordon Ibe makes it to the Bournemouth bench for their game against Liverpool who thankfully (for us) sold him on.

and that's where he stayed in a 0-3 defeat

• He just thought it was a Costa coffee drive thru, probably badly signposted.

• Probably going to Costa him quite a bit!

• edited December 2019

Spurs interested in Eze apparently

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Spurs interested in Eze apparently

My recommendation of course.