Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Aha, another appearance of that Gasroom favourite, the "Wembley If" . I think it's about time we moved on"!

• Watching that Holloway chance back, it's pretty clear it was way less clear cut then most of us thought at the time.

• Clarity is key.

• Player says something, BFP ramps it up in poorly written article, gasroom explodes with indignation as we pay his wages (or possibly not in Craig's case) and demands his immediate sacking, booing, contract killing. A few years later....yeeeeah, he had a point.

• Talking of which do some people still refer to Vinnicombe as `fan hater'? (Can't even remember what he was supposed to have said or done). Do the terrace goons still have it in for Harriman for telling Hayes "it's not worth it"?

• Yes and yes, and they shouldn't in both cases.

• But it was Wood not Hayes I think.

• Someone made a loud comment about Harriman and the 'Not worth it' incident at Newport. Such childishness arguably rather proves Harri's point.

• Sing up gasroom is the all time strangest and worst chant

• @Malone never really understood the point they are trying to make. Having said that, I've never heard it myself...only the legends I read on here.

• They used to aggressively chant it, following it up with a glare at everyone in front of them.

Then when picked up on it online, they'd suggest a fairly menacing "come and talk to us" if said dissenters had a problem with it.

• I've heard it a few times. Bit baffling, as if we are some homogenous group with an organised agenda, rather than a rather disparate band of misfits.

• Yes, we are all individuals.

• Ibe has changed the game for bourmouth, he looks superb

• Bournemouth even

• Pierre dropped by Northampton today. Perhaps Mr Stokes was correct in his assessment of the player!!.

• Just watching MOTD, what a cameo from Ibe.

• Ikechi Anya was at the game yesterday. He got very excited when Hylton missed his penalty.

• Steve Thompson appointed new Dorchester Town manager.

• Paul Hayes has joined Hemel Hempstead Town, reports the National League:
    http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/hayes-coup-for-hemel-hempstead-40042

There is nothing on @hayesy9, or on The Tudors Twitter and web site.

• Had to look them up, wondering how low down the pyramids they are. But Conference South, a fair step down, but not the Chesham type level I first thought.

• Junior M on fire again today with a brace #whodathoughtit

• I really don't understand what's happened there. Makes me wonder whether he might have broken through for us if he'd had the benefit of a few starts. Always looked a bit over-eager, knowing that he only had 15 or 20 minutes to make an impression.

• Sadly Alfie Mawson seems to be having a bad spell gifting Watford a goal yesterday. Looking at Swansea's forum they are calling for him to be dropped. I still think he would make a better defensive midfielder.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @NewburyWanderer said:
    I really don't understand what's happened there. Makes me wonder whether he might have broken through for us if he'd had the benefit of a few starts. Always looked a bit over-eager, knowing that he only had 15 or 20 minutes to make an impression.

Junior named in EFL div1 team of the week.

• So ex media man Ben Campbell has joined West Ham. Another ex Wanderer gets a shot in the top division.

• Dean Morgan has retired from playing.

• Wasn't it Morgan who started the unrest in the dressing room and convinced Anthony Stewart to put in a transfer?