Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Ex loanee Ade Azeez on his way to joining up with Gavin Grant and Chris Zebroski ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40744526

• Brace for Garry Thompson for Morecambe today.

• Myles Weston scored on his debut today for Ebbsfleet.

• Morais also scored yesterday. Blackman had a great game for Sheff Utd by all accounts.

• I am gutted that we didn't keep hold of Morias. With tight purse strings he was obviously expendable, but always looked like a player to me.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    I am gutted that we didn't keep hold of Morias. With tight purse strings he was obviously expendable, but always looked like a player to me.

Junior is an enigma wrapped in a conundrum , he was truely terrible for us (couldn't even score a penalty in the B&B vs Beaconsfield) , no goals not one. Yet he looks a sensation on the highlights. Perhaps 'in with the wrong crowd ' in his time with us (nb that training ground ' incident').
    Speaking of wrong crowd did anyone else spot Dean Morgan with Anthony Stewart at halftime by the Beachdean!?

• @perfidious_albion yup DM was moaning about something as I walked past...AS just nodding.

• Plus ça change 'n all that.

• Interesting how a regular gripe on the Facebook page was how Ainsworth had retained Morias over Angol, with Angol of course going on to Peterborough a couple of years later. Now it's Morias playing at a higher level, with Angol back in League Two.

• Morias to me looked like he was in the wrong sport. Some sort of wrestler maybe, as his signature move seemed to be slamming into people.
    Football wise, just didn't see anything in him at all.

The rumours of "The big incident", that are always instantly deleted on here, and whispers of being a "bad egg" with Morgan links, I dare say are the actual reason he left, but for me i'd have shown him the door for football reasons.

Morgan hanging around Stewart isn't a great sign.

• Angol won't be in League 2 for long. (I'm not putting a grand on that, though!)

• Stewart hopefully looks at Morgan and sees what can happen to talented footballers who's ego is greater than their ability.

• You're right @micra. Non league beckons.

• Scowen got glowing reports for first game for QPR

• Fair play to Junior - pleased for him. He was always kind to my starstruck nephew even thought I thought he was awful for us.

• I have to say that when Junior and Angol left I couldn't have cared less. Well done to them for making a career for themselves as I didn't think they were capable.

• @Malone said:
    You're right micra. Non league beckons.

Ooh, you are awful....
    You must have missed the piece on here, designed to irritate Wanderers' fans perhaps, identifying Lee Angol, Gozie Ugwu and A N Other as three League 2 strikers to watch. Lee will be back in League 1 within a year.. Not putting a grand on it though!

• Did it say why they were one to watch? For comedy value?

• Not really ex-player news but de Haviland was awarded MoM in his Aldershot debut.

• @Malone said:
    Did it say why they were one to watch? For comedy value?

No, it said they were three to watch.

• Jermaine Easter has retired after failing to earn a contract at Yeovil - I guess nowhere to go from that.....

• @perfidious_albion elaborate as libelless as you can about this training ground incident please.

• Please don't.

• Pretty sure libel only covers "false" stuff, but yes move on

• Former keeper Steve Arnold has joined Gillingham.

• Pleased for him, I rated his performances well when I watched him. Hope it goes well.

• Hemel Hempstead have signed Rowan Liburd, on loan from Stevenage, and Jerome Frederico.

• How Liburd ever got a professional
    contract still baffles me.

• I can't believe Stevenage actually paid a fee for him!

• Jordan Archer called up to the Scotland squad.