Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Not exactly pendantic that one, Czechoslovakia is/was significantly different from the Czech Republic.

• I can only nominate you for the silver medal there Chris

• @micra Are you just going to stand back and let this happen?

• edited June 2017

@mooneyman - you need a comma between there and Chris. Do I get bronze?

• @MindlessDrugHoover - I will leave that to professor micra to adjudicate.

• @MindlessDrugHoover A semi-colon would have been even better. A late surge by Mr Stickers to a podium finish.

• Definitely not Jonny!! (I'm normally too dry for exclamation marks!) I'm really shocked that anyone would suggest a semi-colon between there and Chris. These youngsters!

• Almost forgot. Mindless is right, of course.

• Late surge from micra. Not a pretty sight.

• These two referring to themselves in the third person is pretty embarrassing stuff.

• Well, you're one of them Mr Stickers. I'm not in the least embarrassed.

• Sarcasm never goes well online! :D

• Assuming (as I did) that your message to Mindless was self-penned.

• Max Muller apparently disappointed at not getting a call-up this week from West Germany.

• 11.13 posts crossed, Bill. Irony is usually lost on social media. It even bypassed me onthis ccasion as I didn't have you down as a purveyor!

• Having played a major role in the derailment of this thread, I shall retire to the garden and accumulate a few brownie points by manicuring the lawns.

• @DevC said:
    Max Muller apparently disappointed at not getting a call-up this week from West Germany.

I suppose you have continued the derailment Dev, unless Max has indeed become an ex- player.

• Quick, someone find something unremarkable about an ex player so we can get back on track. Maybe Gavin Holligan has finally released a concept album produced by Jonny Dixon.

• What a pathetic end to a pinned 'definitive' thread

• I suppose you are right, Micra. Still we had a small bit of fun which would seem to be the point.

I suppose it would be OK to note that Marcello Trotta has not yet been called up by the Holy Roman Empire?

• He was phenomenal for us - prolific as Kashket albeit over a much shorter period.
    I rang a Bournemouth supporting friend the day before we were due to play them, telling him who to look out for. Trotta was one of them. Typically, against Bournemouth, we were outplayed and Trotta and most others had a nightmare. Have no idea where he is these days.

• Trotta is back in Italy playing at the bottom end of Serie A - last season with Crotone on loan from Sassuolo. Not yet prolific tbh. Wiki is your friend.

• Pedantic, not pendantic.

• Sorry @HCblue ?

• Aah, gotcha. @Chris a few days ago!

• That's the one, @micra. It had to be said.

• You'd been hanging on !

• Chris Zebroski signs for Eastleigh. To be honest hadn't realised he was "available".
    Hope it works out for the lad.

• Max Kretch...etc. has signed for Hampton and Richmond Borough (Conf South)

• edited June 2017

@DevC , he was a strange player. Very effective in the basement tier, but could barely control the ball. However, a mix of pace and power worked well for us. Exposed in league 1.
    A few sinister incidents in his back catalogue though!