Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington

Comments

• Weird feeling. I’d have taken still being 3rd at the start of the day so not too despondent. First 15 we looked pretty good. After Brown’s gift we then completely lost it.

Not too many players emerge with credit today but again El Abd was impressive. I think he was actually our best player going forward as well as reasonably solid at the back.

And thank god for @Wwfc2015_ however bad things are and however crap the football just imagine living in his head and the world is a marvellous place again.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    haha lets compare careers my friend...

Well I’m pretty sure you’re not an English teacher. I’m guessing you’re a trained chef (angry) but working shifts at the Harvester (frustrated).

Give us a clue if I’m wrong?

• @arnos_grove that’s a gross insult to hard working harvest chefs up and down this country. At best he’s a full time village idiot.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    arnos_grove that’s a gross insult to hard working harvest chefs up and down this country. At best he’s a full time village idiot.

The post of village idiot is already taken by the poster that works in the club shop.

• Arnos
    "Well I’m pretty sure you’re not an English teacher. I’m guessing you’re a trained chef (angry) but working shifts at the Harvester (frustrated).

Give us a clue if I’m wrong?"

Doubt he would pass any aptitude test, at best a burger flipper at McDonalds, in all likelyhood a sausage turner at a local greasy spoon.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EwanHoosaami said:
    Arnos
    "Well I’m pretty sure you’re not an English teacher. I’m guessing you’re a trained chef (angry) but working shifts at the Harvester (frustrated).

Give us a clue if I’m wrong?"

Doubt he would pass any aptitude test, at best a burger flipper at McDonalds, in all likelyhood a sausage turner at a local greasy spoon.

hahaha you vile trolls. if only you knew. i dont waste my tines with inbreds like you

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Precious tines, fog on the tines?

Tines? Fork off @Wwfc2015_

• As of now, the chance to win automatic promotion is in the hands of team. As the quotation goes, " Live in the present, remember the past and fear not the future, it does not exist. There is only NOW. COYB's give solid support to the team.

• Really strong opening 15mins, but that goal was a disaster for us. Brown seems to be taking the stick for it on here, but for me McGinley has to deal with it. It would have been easy for him to play the ball out, but he left it for Brown and allowed Kee to nip and walk it in. We actually tried to play it on the deck in the 1st half, problem was everything was going through Gape who was way off his game, it was no surprise when they scored on the break after he'd given the ball away for the umpteenth time.

2nd half was galling, the long ball got us nowhere and we were comprehensively outplayed.

With Exeter only drawing, the result is not a disaster, but the manner of the defeat and the damage to our confidence could be.

• @mooneyman said:
    I think the two keepers highlighted the vast difference between the two sides.

Yes agree. 4 shots on target pretty much and all gone in..
    He was a decent gk..on loan ?

• At least Ainsworth can have a shave.

• Totally unfair blaming McGinley for the first goal. It was Brown's cock up, a goalkeeper at this level should be able to deal with it.

• I blame neither - I blame the yellow kit. I shuddered as soon as I saw it. Come back baby pink and blue, all is forgiven!

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    hahaha you vile trolls. if only you knew. i dont waste my tines with inbreds like you

Tines and you told me to get an education
    You wouldn’t get such abuse if you posted when we play well and getting results. and so what if you’ve seen every game this season. IF you have ,surely that should give you a more balanced view on performances good or bad. It looks like you love it when we lose it gives you a platform to vent your diatribe.

• McGinley's a young lad learning his craft. Brown's a veteran 'keeper who trades on experience. He has to deal with that situation decisively or give McGinley - who had martialed the situation pretty well up to that point - a shout to get rid of it. He did neither. 100% on him.

• Based on the posting style, I believe that @Wwfc2015_ is Donald Trump.

• I'm afraid the blame for this mess lies with Ainsworth. He has to prepare the team better. Huge match, huge crowd and not one of them performed. Having Kashket as a target man in the middle was bemusing given he's the least suited of all our forwards for that role. Playing Gape in the middle when he's clearly still suffering from his virus was madness. It meant we won nothing in the middle while he was on (and precious little after he went off). We had 11 players hitting and hoping for 90 minutes, no skill on display, no change in game-plan after we went behind.

Gareth really needs to prove he can pick the right personnel, right tactics and motivate his men in these last two matches. Spend less time bullshitting about Bayo and O'Nien and more time fixing these problems of his own making. He must not bottle this once again.

• Quite right @aloysius, how dare GA mention we were missing our two best players for our biggest game of the season.

• I agree, @floyd. A little less time attempting to be a Machiavellian genius and a little more time working out how to play effectively without Bayo and we might have got something from this match.

• I actually think @aloysius just hit the nail on the head

GA deserves this promotion, and all the credit that would rightly come with it, but must earn it in these last 2 games. We have 3 major issues that needs urgent fixing - the absence of Bayo and O'Nien and the lack of viable alternatives, and a partner for the colossal El Abd

We have just been humped 0-4 And El Abd was my MOM

• @aloysius said:
    I agree, floyd. A little less time attempting to be a Machiavellian genius and a little more time working out how to play effectively without Bayo and we might have got something from this match.

Genuine laugh out loud.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:

Notice he’s gone quiet now. It’s hard work replenishing the Harvester salad cart around this time on a Saturday.

• Never mind the game, what was the crowd figure!!!

• @bookertease said:
    drcongo Yes. I put £10 on yesterday at 3-1 (for much the same reasons). But regardless of that how good are those odds for a team that has won 15 of their last 18 games?

glasshalffull if we are wasting time by trying (failing) to keep the ball by their corner flag i’ll Be well happy (assuming that it is because we are winning and not hanging on for a draw)

@Wwfc2015_ said:
    if we dont get auto..we have no chance in playoffs.

And I’ve been accused of making daft comments!

• @glasshalffull that fella’s in a league of his own.

• @Manboobs said:
    Tines? Fork off Wwfc2015_

sort your tits out you prick

• Left tits go in the jar marked “left tits”, right tits work at the Harvester.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Notice he’s gone quiet now. It’s hard work replenishing the Harvester salad cart around this time on a Saturday.

seriously can you fuck off.
    we have played well this season however we are massively dependant an a 35 year old. the team was set up so wrong today. kashet as target man?.gape played like a 6 year old, brown is so so poor at commanding his area, McKinley just looks to boot out all the time and Harrison cannot cross for toffee...

• Gape going off was the turning point for me. The change of formation didn't work and Bean was left all be in midfield as Bloomfield ran around areas the ball rarely was. Accrington looked a decent side though and giving them a simple first goal was unforgivable.

Didn't think Kashket took over the Bayo role as someone said above. I thought he played a false nine position well off their centre backs.

I thought the team looked knackered and agitated with each other. This worries me for the next two games. A high action style and a small squad will always lead to this.