Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington

12346»

Comments

• Just watched the highlights.....Brown a shambles for the first as I thought at the time, and wtf was Bean doing for the second jj was in position to clear I also thought that at the time.....unlucky not to be winning before that though........struggle to see what bean does the last few games I've seen he hasn't been breaking play up and he looks like a puppet on strings when he's got the ball don't think he should be anywhere near the first 11 atm......

• @Wwfc2015_ I’m bored now you’ve just highlighted that you are a person of limited intelligence. Bye bye

• @braywanderer said:
    Wwfc2015_ I’m bored now you’ve just highlighted that you are a person of limited intelligence. Bye bye

enjoy your evening you peasant

• Get a room, you two

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    brown is utterly shit

Ridiculous statement.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Ridiculous statement.

really????

• he was awful today and cost us the foothold we had in the game.

• @HCblue said:
    Enjoy lonely cretin while stocks last.

POTD

• Apart from the failings in our own team I still think people underestimate Accrington. They are a small club on a small budget with small crowds. However, I think they are an exceptionally effective team and it wouldn't surprise me if they did a Burton Albion and got a second successive promotion next season. Although we were poor today we were undone by an exceptionally efficient and well-drilled side.

• not a chance will be in the bottom 4 all season.

• If Accy, having comprehensively beaten us today, will be in League 1 bottom 4 all season maybe as well if we don't join them in League 1.

• we won't be much out of it either but we still want to try and get up and see what GA can do.

• @A_Worboys said:
    Apart from the failings in our own team I still think people underestimate Accrington. They are a small club on a small budget with small crowds. However, I think they are an exceptionally effective team and it wouldn't surprise me if they did a Burton Albion and got a second successive promotion next season. Although we were poor today we were undone by an exceptionally efficient and well-drilled side.

Spot on!

• @A_Worboys , they get small crowds, but are you sure on the rest? They're backed by a multi millionaire who has already put a couple of million in.

• he can't put money in, they can only spend a certain amount of turnover. they have the smallest budget in league 2 and will be same in league 1

• @Malone said:
    A_Worboys , they get small crowds, but are you sure on the rest? They're backed by a multi millionaire who has already put a couple of million in.

Also Spot-on! Let's not dwell on that ATM.

• @Malone said:
    A_Worboys , they get small crowds, but are you sure on the rest? They're backed by a multi millionaire who has already put a couple of million in.

Budget seems to be generally accepted.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/accrington-stanley-league-two-luton-promotion-feature-modern-miracle-budget-a8246971.html

• The massive input of Wonga from the owner helps a little bit I'd imagine though.

They still have had an amazing season, but it needs a little bit of balance.

• @Malone said:

From Accy ... just to clarify what has or has not been put in by the 'new' owner.

Mr Holt bought the majority shareholding and immediately cleared the debts, some of which would have been directors loans etc. Paying everything up would have saved Stanley tens of thousands annually on late payment fees, penalties, court costs and lawyer fees etc.

Phase 1 of saving Stanley was to establish a stable financial footing by cutting out the crap, freeloading and downright shoddyness. He also spent money on tidying the place up, tarmacing the carparks etc. Nothing of any significance was built but costs would have been six figures.

Phase 2 has only just begun, off the back of a succeful phase 1 which yielding a 500k profit on the balance sheet for last year. This new phase is aimed trying to get crowds up. Bear in mind that the previous 12 years were on the back of a zero marketing budget.

His totoal outlay is probably around the £2m mark including the purchase and debts covered.

Staff budget was set last summer at £840k (he announced this on twitter), but had risen to a shade under £1m last month, due to unexpected win bonuses!

Last season was our most successful ever with a turnover of circa £2m. Whether the money he has put in is deemed at bankrolling or not, its gone on propping up a non existent infrastructure and a poor stadium.

Finally, a big pat on the back to your club and fans. We were welcomed from the outset, not a hint of trouble all day and Gareth Ainsworth is a class act for his walking over to us before and after the game and applauding us.

Good luck with 3rd spot

• Brilliant stuff. I sort of knew all this being an Exile in Lancashire and knowing Mr Coleman through an friend.

• @maccawozzagod said:
    Good luck with 3rd spot

Thanks for this and how refreshing to read a post based on facts rather than some of the ridiculous conspiracy theories being expounded on other threads.

• Yes but what about McDonald Gate? ;-) Well done Stanley BTW.

• Thanks for the info @maccawozzagod, and congratulations on promotion and your inevitable and throroughly deserved, league title.

• @maccawozzagod Congratulations to Stanley, the only other football lesson we received this season at home was from Preston in the cup, whose resources are a tad greater than yours! If you can keep that team together with a few useful additions, you'll definitely put the cat among the pigeons.

• Does anyone know the half time draw number?

• 03 something, if that helps. Its usually at the bottom of the match report on the club 'site.