Skip to content

FA Cup first round draw

Comments

• Since I hadn't actually seen this announcement. It does appear that those ST holders displaced from the Frank Adams can buy anywhere during the restricted sale period.

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/october/24/walsall-fa-cup-tickets-now-on-sale/

Whatever happened to emailing season ticket holders when cup game tickets go on sale?

• In terms of who we could get later in the competition, are these the only clubs in the 92 we've never played competitively?

Arsenal, Everton, Man United, Newcastle, Harrogate, Salford

• OK, that’s jinxed it for absolute certain

• That looks correct though we’ve never played Barrow or Sutton as a League Club

• Or Palace, I don't think. Only in the Southern League waaay back?

• edited October 2022

Yes, Palace has caught me out before. I used to swear we’d never played them, but some ‘club historian’ who stalks the corridors of the Gasroom whipped out an amateur fixture from yesteryear to piss on my fireworks 😄

We’ve been waiting far too long for the Old Trafford/Emirates golden tickets... we have played at Highbury Stadium and St James Park though 😂

• Everton away is the dream

Running out of chances to get to Goodison Park before they move

• We’ve also played at Crystal Palace since becoming a League Club

• edited October 2022

Played at the actual Highbury too! 1931 FA Amateur Cup final.

• edited October 2022

Two of Wycombe’s greatest days referenced before I’ve even had my breakfast! 🥳 Thx @ReturnToSenda and @wwfcblue

Good point too @eric_plant about Goodison. I’d forgot the clock was ticking on that... we did draw them in the Cup recently I think - was it Spurs we had to beat...?

We’ve also played Liverpool but not at Anfield, Leicester but not at the King Power, etc etc...

• Yeah that's right, wycombe v spurs and Everton v Sheff Wed I think and the winners played each other.

If anyone wants to go to goodison before it goes give us a shout and I should be able to sort a ticket out.

• edited October 2022

Always puts a bit of a downer on it for me, when they do this.

Like it's an admission it'll be a fairly low key, bleak experience.

• I'm not sure who the individual is who keeps thumbs downing these type posts.

I assume they're either not a season ticket holder or sit in the FA.

Surely the appeal for this game isn't any lower than your average midweek northern team? And you wouldn't dream of shutting the stand for that one.

• But they can't (well, I mean they probably could if they really wanted to) shut the FA for a league game as people have STs in there.

• Unbeaten at the actual Highbury as we defeated Corinthian Causuals in the Amateur cup semi in 1957.

Not a bad record to have.

• Adults can sit in the family stand without kids can't they?

Not sure i'd want to do that in fairness, so it's a choice of no leg room, poor view from wings Main stand, or the usual Terrace issue, of supreme view one end, really ropey view other end.

• Would love to TBH @ryan_w_kirkby2 however my brother-in-law is a native of Warrington & a season ticket holder at Everton. Also my friend /family solicitor is an Evertonion and frequents Goodison. As such, I feel that I shall be corralled with those two.

Can you imagine how frosty the atmosphere would be, should we win? I suspect the copious amounts of free legal advice would also no longer be afforded to me. 😉

• The clubs finances are now being run on a sustainable model by professionals who have worked at a higher level. For the future of the club we should be reassured that ‘sweating the assets’ is the priority.

Opening the Frank Adams is expensive: security, concessions cleaning ticketing, maintenance etc, we would loose money on the projected cup ticket take up in that stand. Not very clever business.

I’ve read someone claiming to be “displaced from the Frank Adams”. Wrong, the season ticket you purchased is for League Games. “Ill feeling with season ticket holders” - see above, you weren’t buying cup seats. I’ve seen claims of it having “best view…” subjective - it is for Phil C commentating but plenty of others find it distant and sterile preferring the interaction and contact with play closer up, I believe the players claim to feed off this atmosphere. “E-mailing season ticket holders” see above, it’s an incremental cost to management time.

The bigger long term issue for The Frank Adams stand is maintaining its ageing infrastructure. God forbid we find ourselves mid table in a lower division well into an impending five year cost of living crisis (depressing I know but all well run business need to have a worse case ‘Armageddon strategy’) then the FA would be mothballed whilst the rest of the ground accommodating crowds of around 4,000, in fact much like the projected attendance vs Walsall.

• I've never really understood the claim that the Frank Adams is the best place to sit. It's true you can see the whole pitch at once but your so far away from the action you may as well be watching on tv.

The best of both worlds is either an unrestricted view in the Main Stand, or somewhere in the middle blocks of the family stand, three or four rows up. Maybe some of those 'displaced,' from the FA will try something new and like it.

• Firstly, it depends where in the Frank Adams you sit. There's quite some difference between first few rows and back row.

But you're really not that far away wherever you sit. You should look at some of the big premier league grounds for how far away from the action you can be!

I hadn't sat in the Main Stand for years before those 2 covid games and I was struck by how much worse the view was. Plus super tight seats.

• My favourite view is from the Frank Adams.

• I'm quite low down in the Frank Adams, easily the best view in the ground. I've been in all the other stands before bar the away end

• This is true, the best view of AP is about halfway up the away end.

• My favourite view was from QA141. Wonder who’s sitting there now?

• Back row of the Beechdean for me. Very happy with that view plus I can if I like walk down and lean on the advertising hoardings. From there I can give the benefit of my advice to the linesman/referees assistant, where I know he can hear me and appreciates my help!! 🤔😉

• I don’t mind the family stand if I can get a seat at the back somewhere fairly central.

The leg room in the Beachdean is so tight, for a fairly tall person it’s really uncomfortable.

• I know the roof of the FA stand needs replacing which is a fairly big one off cost.

Aside from that, the structure is one of the newest in the stadium so should require less upkeep than other areas?

• I expect we will get half of the away end for the Walsall match too, giving more seat choice.

Working in personal finance on a daily basis I predict lots of central family stand seats will be available as many families are skint right now and have already made plans and outlays on fireworks displays etc that evening. On this note I expect a significant drop in season ticket sales next season if we are not promoted but an increase in short holidays to Vipienne.

I’ve seen a fair few people on Facebook saying ‘if they close the top tier then I’m not going’. Oh well, I guess you missed arguably the most exciting era in our history and have no idea who the 3 legends were on the pitch at half time against Cambridge.

View from 3 or 4 rows up in the top tier is the premium for me, love getting back to the terrace when the kids can’t make the match. We have superb tickets near the top of central family stand area and very fortunate. Upgraded to treat the kids to high in the FA top tier on Tuesday night, sadly some 10yr old constantly screeching at the top of his voice put me off getting those particular seats again, trying to outdo his families moaning of the ref!

End of the day, it’s only a football match.

Nobody enjoyed missing games over COVID. If you want to go and can afford to go then just get on with it, mix up your home match experience and get behind the lads and decisions made by the club. There will be people who want to go and are feeling the pinch right now and reluctantly will be making other plans.

• I understand why some people may find the Frank Adams has the best seats in the house. But its a handful of games every season when you might have to move - try something new once in a while!

• Agreed. Some people come across as rather entitled.