Skip to content

FA Cup first round draw

12346»

Comments

• While it's disappointing the Upper Frank Adams is closed it's not the end of the world for a few games a season.

To keep costs down I have now sat towards the back of the Family Stand on two occasions, the view is nowhere near as good as in the lower half of the Upper Frank Adams and you are very much open to the elements if it rains and the wind is blowing in the wrong direction.

I would rather be in the UFA for the view and to be sat with friends but the additional cost is well worth saving these days.

• UFA sounds like it should have been one of the paramilitary groups during The Troubles

• The UFA today claimed responsibility for the lack of crisps at the food kiosks

The UFA today issued a coded warning to Darren Currie to "get in the game"

etc

• Either a para group or a second-rate cage-fighting league

• Best view is often from the warmth of the Vere I find

• The proximity of a clean toilet, the warmth and the absence of stress-inducing preparations, road works, pick-ups, parking and the fear of fibrillation walking to the stadium do tend to compensate for not being amongst fellow fans !

• UFA? Splitters! FAU are the legitimate voice of the people.

• edited October 2022

You understand that pretty much everyone who sits in there, HAS tried other places in the ground?

Unless you're meaning something really "new" like sitting in the woods, or on that little hill viewing through the gap in the terrace and Frank Adams?

• I’d like to know what the break-even number is for opening the FAU? The decision-makers I expect will work on the premise that everyone who normally sits there will sit/stand elsewhere for the Walsall game. The reality is that a certain number will not attend as they can’t sit in their usual seat. But If 100 take that option does it then make it a loss situation by closing it? Does anyone have a number or was this decision merely guess-work?

• edited October 2022

It'd certainly be interesting (but impossible to know for sure) how many WOULD have gone with the FA option, but now won't bother.

On a more positive note, as it's easy to criticise everything, it was a brilliant touch to let the kids and families sit in the away end today.

I'm sure a lot of us wondered about the sense in putting away fans, who can often have some rabid elements, in a stand next to families and kids, but today it worked very well.

• Those kids will also have learnt an important lesson today: watching Wycombe isn't all face paint and fireworks.

• I'm unable to attend games at present due to health reasons and I assume the game is not available to stream (VPN or otherwise) as It's FA Cup?

• Unfortunately that is correct. Unless our games are on TV, the great cup run of 2022/23 will be missed by those of us without the ability to go live.

I wish you all the best with your health issues, @ValleyWanderer. I hope things get better for you!