Skip to content

Realistic Signing(s) for the Summer

Comments

• edited August 2022

Think I'll stick to watching the football. Am too old for the swears and lingo these younguns use.

Parsons increasing his rep no end in that clip after chewing gum gate 😀

• Great to see Taff ‘hurting’ at the Exeter watch.

• We haven't signed a midfielder for a few days. What's going on?

• Transfer window closes in just over 9 days time. No new signings, what's going on?

• edited August 2022

For someone that appears to look after themselves so well - he doesn't half get injured a lot!

It's very admirable mind, the amount he dedicates to his diet and exercise. So much so that for the last 4 weeks, I have heeded his advice and am back to my old belt hole!!

• I suspect more outs than in’s. Most the cream of the Premier League will be homed by now. Possible that upper teams will ship some out based on new ones coming in and squeezing the squad but we are well down the pecking order.

• I still think we will get a forward or a CB in before the deadline.

• 4 days to go to the transfer deadline, will be bring in any more new recruits or are we going to stick with the current squad.

So is there anyone out there who would be affordable, fit into our culture and make the difference with our aim of achieving a top 6 finish?

• I think you're asking the wrong people @Blue_since_1990 we don't even know if anyone is actually injured or how tall Al Hamadi is.

• not unless they are under 21, free and have no league experience (tongue in cheek ) seriously though, if vokes and Hanlan are out for October and Gareth does not get cover then he should be questioned (Wheeler is also injured!)

• @Quartersman80 demanding that Gareth is questioned? Things must be serious!

• not questioned about him staying/leaving but not addressing the issues, like not being prepared for the Bishop dealing falling through, if we had max in goal from the Start think we have more poins than now

• Well GA will know how long Vokes and Hanlan are likely to be out for (no, let’s not turn this into another injury thread).

And also, hopefully Saturday’s injury to Wheeler isn’t too bad.

If it’s going to be ages for either of the first two, I would hope we could get a short-term loan striker in.

It’s hard enough to get a decent loanee in that position (as everyone’s always crying out for goal options) but if we know we only need cover for a certain time, and the player is likely to get first team football in that time, it may be more realistic to get someone in.

AAH has looked promising from the limited amount I’ve seen, but in GA’s words still has a lot to learn.

CB cover would be great too, but I haven’t seen Wakely play yet so I can’t comment how able he might be to step up.

• Any loans would have to be until next transfer window, i.e. January. No such thing as a short term loan anymore.

• Ah, fair enough, didn’t know that. Thanks for the correction.

• If the news on Kaikai and Hanlan is accurate I can’t see why we won’t be looking to recruit a new attacking player. Even more so if the injury to Wheeler is not short term. He waved as soon as it happened and was pointing at his Achilles

• I agree and have said this also , we have a great opportunity to do something special this season , I really hope that Gareth and Rob don't miss a best and capitalise, èven if it means spending a bit more than they want, alittle like united , clubs know we need players so likely to increase the premium for It

• Both Rob and Gareth have said numerous times recently that they are excited by our chances this season. You either trust them or you don’t. I trust them both once I’ve factored in the Couhig exaggeration coefficient.

• I think the answer is ‘tall enough’ and I look forward to seeing him tomorrow evening.

I didn’t know Wheeler was injured. Sod’s law. Just as I was starting to ‘get’ him.

• Come on @Quartersman80 I know you've changed your moniker but after a few years of posting you've never thought we had a chance of doing anything special. If you're going to continually knock GA and the chairman please don't pretend you ever had high hopes that may be dashed.

• PBoPBo
    edited August 2022

A remarkable lack of speculation/ hot tips as to any potential last minute signings here…where is the OG Gasroom’s RUMOR HOUND when you need them?

I’m still hoping for a late frenzy of star players being mysteriously sighted at Cressex, but we haven’t got long. Come on @Malone, tell us that a big day is due this week…

• quite frankly i have had enough of this, can you change the story as its boring. my opinions are mine, I have been fair ane stand by Gareth , because my opinions are not the same as yours does not make mine wrong, I your obviously in rhe Gareth and Rob fan club! Gareth has some some amazing things at Wycombe however does not mean we can't give our views....I thought this was a fans forum not GA and RC forum !!

• Is there any chance of us suggesting any realistic signings fellow gasroomers?

• I’m going to go out on a limb and say we won’t be bringing anyone else in.

• Well that was depressing @Quarterman. I actually think GA will bring in a surprise signing before the deadline and maybe two.

Let’s go for it - Alfie May and either Hamer from Burton or Aaron Pierre.