Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• And another one.

• I am becoming increasingly convinced that our officials do their training with the circus

• I will never understand how neither of those were given, unless the answer is “Sky want the big clubs to succeed”. It’s making a mockery of the sport.

• I'm glad Forest went up, but they'll have to name a stand after Jon Moss following that

• Forest were totally toothless up front and so slow in their build up. I couldn't watch that every week!

• It's the BBC as well. The radio build up was Forest wanting to return to the top league for the first time since.... etc etc etc and just about mentioned their opposition who were in the top tier pretty darn recently.

• That's what you get when you give a retiring ref his "last hurrah".

The consequence of his mistakes will be....nothing.

He wasn't fit to ref Premier League, so why put him in charge of a game worth £150m?

Once he had given the yellow for the dive - VAR wouldn't dare turn to him and say "Jon you've messed up on your big day out".

They should have done, but they won't. My first thought was that he got the first one spot on, but when you put it into context, I think the guy genuinely just jumped over the defenders' flailing leg. In hindsight I bet he wished he ran into it.

The 2nd one......how the hell have they not given it?!?!

• edited May 2022

I think I'm going to cry or explode😡

I just spent about an hour writing a well argued response to someone saying my previous post about the Liverpool antics was "one of the wost ever" and went to save the final typo correction and it just disappeared with some "computer message I didn't nderstand appearing repeatedly everytime I tried to get it back!.

Needless to say I'm not going to write it gain but the main points were:

*the fact that I am far from a monarchist myself

• I was not biggin' up (or putting down) those flying bunting and flags just using it as a marker between those in Merseyside and the rest of England, and us over here in the area I know best Lancashire?Manchester/Cheshire which surrounds Merseyside.
    • i was saying if they are proud in their "I'm not English I'm scouse" they can't then turn round and complain about being singled out by many of the other teams supporters. Remember they are the only place wand have been for decades (always?) who do not follow England or even want them to win.
    • The Irish/North Walian origins of most of them probably explains their differences culturally, ethnically and politically to the rest of England. They call the English over here in Lancashire?Cheshire "woolly backs" an expression which goes back at least a hundred or two years.
    • People were more incensed about the booing of 'Abide With Me' than the royal stuff as it's hardly an imperialist anthem of conquest and just part of the FA Cup experience.
    • The other part of the country most affected by mass unemployment was the North East but as we saw with Sunderland they eventually sorted things through their own hard work out and remain proudly patriotic and did not adopt a victim mentality.
    • They moan abut 'the Tories" while just over the border in Lancashire/Cheshire we have many unfilled job vacancies that you see advertised outside companies, on the backs of vehicles but which scousers would near leave Liverpool to do.
    • Al the Real Madrid fans were in place half an hour before the original kick off time it was only Liverpool who turned up late, drunk and when their fake tickets were not accepted they along with those with no tickets at all attempted to force their way in . Only French coppers cracking a few heads maybe stopped another Hillsborough type tragedy. And innocent Liverpool fans some with families with tickets were caught up in these scenes of tear gas and mayhem. You really would think after the Hillsborough tragedy Liverpool supporters out of all supporters would have learnt something.

Anyway that was the gist of it so I fail to see what was so ridiculous about my original post.

• Re your last point, it’s increasingly clear that only the patience and good behavior of the vast majority of Liverpool fans prevented last nights chaos turning into a major incident.

• Praising unprovoked police brutality is an interesting take on it I've gotta say

• That “one of the worst ever” posts didn’t last long before it was trumped, did it?

• This is how authorities and corrupt newspapers get away with smearing innocent fans, because idiots like you lap it up and regurgitate it for them.

Worst thing I've ever read on here, and that really is saying something

• edited May 2022

I wouldn't normally say this, but thank fuck for social media - allowed first-hand accounts (text and video) to get out there as it was happening. Hopefully stops any kind of cover-up this time. Seriously scary stuff.

• You really would think after the Hillsborough tragedy Liverpool supporters out of all supporters would have learnt something.

What the fuck is this? The rest of the post is standard anti-Liverpool bollocks, but this is just downright offensive. How can you learn not to be an innocent victim of police incompetence?

• On the Champions league one thing we have learned from Hillsborough surely is to wait until all the evidence is in before blaming fans. On Forest going up. I am very pleased, but how did VAR let those two incidents go?

• For the record actress despute what the quest commentator said Vicky McClure is not a famous Forest fan...she supports County...her partner works for Reds media department.

• Slightly random one, but there are loads of Forest fans on here... How come Brice Samba has never played for Congo? He's surely the best GK they could pick?

• Great day today at Wembley. Certainly not a great game, very tense and the Forest front line did not fire well (although the back 3 and Samba were good). An own goal winner summed up the game but Forest were the better team on the day.

No queues at Wembley Stadium station after the game!

Putting the penalty shouts aside, did Huddersfield have a shot on target?

• Congratulations to the Forest fans. The top flight never really feels right without them (I feel the same way about Wednesday, but it's probably because I grew up in the late 80s/early 90s).

• That match was the perfect advert for not having VAR. Without it, Huddersfield fans would have been claiming they were robbed. With it....

• With it ditto indeed @LeedsBlue but I’m glad Forest are up. They will grace the Premier League with attractive football. I’m just a bit on edge waiting for the first ‘Notts Forest’.

• Out of interest, would it be the case that the majority of fans were heading London bound, so could disperse through the underground network as well, hence the lack of queues, or would the queues be specially formed just for WWFC in your opinion @Forest_Blue?

• French journalist and British security expert both blaming French police on R4. VAR?

• edited May 2022

Adult tickets for the National League play-off final start at £40. It's not even being played at Wembley...

• Plus a £3.99 booking fee. On a Bank Holiday weekend in London, over 100 miles away from the closest club. Hope the National League get the attendance they deserve.

• Absolutely horrendous venue for any game, never mind a final

• Out of interest (and because it makes a change from having the same discussion about Gaz) do you think the manager is likely to attract interest from elsewhere should you start next season well? Likewise, if things don’t go so well, how patient is the owner?

I thought Swansea looked very good under him when I saw them play a couple of times. Seems to be a very capable coach and I imagine his involvement in the England youth setup makes him attractive to Premier League clubs.