Skip to content

Retained or Release

Comments

• It'll be interesting to see what happens to Sullay KaiKai over the summer and I think we might be underestimating Jack Young.

I think Jack Young is a great bloke and is a perfect fit for Gareth and Dobbo's team ethos, one to watch.

Cue Announcement: Jack Young joins Beaconsfield Town on season-long loan...

What we do know is whatever Gareth and Dobbo do regarding player recruitment, they will enhance the squad as they do every year.

• Sullay is a big of an enigma at the moment for me. He has come on in some matches and made game changing contributions. Then not even been in the squad the next game. No doubt CONCAF disrupted his season and there is no disruption for him this season. Interesting to see if Dobbo and GA see him as one that needed to be more Wycomised or whether he was a punt that didn't suit in the end.

• Totally agree @LeedsBlueAnd it’s worth remembering that Nick Freeman was offered (and accepted of course) a new contract at a time when it was expected that he would be out of action for most if not all the season.

• If he’s currently using his squad number in his username, I’d be inclined to think that he is staying.

Totally agree @perfidious_albion .

• Its probably already included above somewhere, but could someone remind me when it was expected that Freeman would be available again (would he be available from start of season?) and whether contract extends to end of 22/23 season.

• Unexpected and very welcome comment from you @NiceCarrots . I can’t recall any previous football-related comments from you. Not only that, I got the impression that you may have spoken to Jack Young. I doubt very much, though, that he will go out on loan. I expect he will be on the bench for a good few games initially, with the opportunity in due course to demonstrate that he is worth a starting place. One thing I would like to see next season is a significant reduction in the average age. Other than in midfield, I think this could happen in central defence, at full back and possibly even in goal.

• When really good player ‘break through’ they command a starting place: Mehmeti, Ferinino etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if Young is a regular next season.

• Definitely a strange player. Barely had a look in for a long part of the season, yet I bet he's quite high up the assists standings.

But if I were him, I'd be slightly alarmed that I wasn't starting when Mehmeti and Hanlan were out.

With them fit, plus surely we make one attacking signing, he'll do well to get back in surely?

• edited May 2022

Chuckled at this old son 😋

While Mr Carrots does love delving deep into conspiracy theories, he does occasionally chat football😅

• Who do everyone think will be sold and/or moved on in the summer? Does Kaikai fall into that category and free up another space in our squad or does he stay for another season? Could Grimmer be looking to move on for more game time? Will Wakely be loaned out to make room? At the moment (if everyone signs their contract extensions) does that only leave 1 space available in our squad?

• What does it matter what "everyone" thinks? All will be clear in time. when those that make the decisions have done so.

• Because its a forum,and people like to talk

• I don't think we'll sell anyone

• Last summer we were recruiting right til the last minute and then Samuel and Kashket left. Wouldn't be surprised if similar happens this time round. A couple of players will no doubt be thinking about how much playing time they will be getting and won't want to be squad players. Wheeler, Kaikai, Grimmer are all players I would rather keep but they might think better options are away from AP.

• I could see Tafazolli attracting interest from the Championship.

• I'd be surprised if Wheeler is here next season.

• What a weird thing to say.

Why bother posting on a forum if nothing anyone says matters?

• He's 31 in September and OOC next summer, doubt it

• My wife is always reminding me that what I have to say/think doesn't matter, so posting "nonsense" on here is the only time I get to have any say.

• At least no-one's used the phrase 'get-rid' yet.

• edited May 2022

Yeah, the average age of the squad is concerning - but I'm sure Gaz, Dobbo and co. already have a plan to start bringing it down. I mean, it'll already have come down a fair bit from last season with Bayo off the books!

• On most things, I would agree but this subject gets hammered endlessly and it makes no difference. Also, it's people's jobs being talked about. Let's hope they don't read it.

• Saw some Peterborough fans advocating they sign him. When you are a massive club who only just missed out on a triumphant season in The Championship I guess you can pick off who you like.

• Unless a lot more money is involved, I cannot see anyone going to another L1 club. (Cue Posh snapping everyone up.)

• He did great when he came on against WImbledon. I just don't think he works in our system/GA doesn't trust him to do the defensive side. He's got a good cross on him though and we lack that from wide positions.

• Apart from missing a relative sitter immediately after coming on of course.

• edited May 2022

Hi @wingnut I'm sorry for my post. I know some of my opinions have been "out there" or "off the mark" but it was never my intention to offend you.

In the future, I won't mention transfers or the possibility of them and will say nothing until they have been announced by the club.

Also I was to apologise to those who I annoyed and angered with my suggestions about Gape's contract. Again, I rate him as a player and have seen him develop throughout his time here, I don't want to see him leave. I was just giving my honest views on the matter and I'm sorry if this was the wrong thing to do.

• I’m not at all sure that you angered or annoyed anyone, @thecatwwfc. It’s not the first time that you’ve felt the need to apologise for your views. It really isn’t necessary. We all see things differently and there will inevitably be particular areas of discussion where views diverge more substantially than in other areas. The Gape/Wing situation was a case in point.

You seem to have a tendency to be unnecessarily sensitive to certain comments. I for one appreciate your posts and I would be disappointed if you were deterred from posting by differing views. I’d like to think that the views of others occasionally persuade you to see things slightly differently.