Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @Safc_in_peace said:

So with our 46,500 tickets sold plus Club Wembley sale there could be 50,000 Sunderland fans in the ground, with your sales we should see almost 80,000 at the match. Great effort by all involved.

With ticketless fans and family members who are just going to London for the weekend, while their husband goes to the match, it is estimated that there could be 80,000 folk from Sunderland in London on Saturday!

Now that the rush for tickets is over let’s start talking about the game.

That would be most welcome if we could just talk about the game, but I'm still seeing a lot of your fans moaning on social media that you havnt been given enough tickets ! even after today !

Anyway, great effort to have that many there, let's hope its a great day... espc for us of course !

• These people with no ticket history and moaning have no idea how thankful they should be that nearly 47,000 tickets are available.

Forest tickets for their final are going at 1 per person and only 37,000 available and have a higher average home attendance than Sunderland.

• @username123 said:
    These people with no ticket history and moaning have no idea how thankful they should be that nearly 47,000 tickets are available.

Forest tickets for their final are going at 1 per person and only 37,000 available and have a higher average home attendance than Sunderland.

Thats it they're lucky they're playing us and not Sw

• Tbf to Sunderland, that is absolutely incredible support. 47k tickets sold when you consider the distance they have to travel and the current economic climate is really something to be applauded. That said, I also think 23k is a superb effort from us and beyond my initial expectations and worthy of note too. It is a handy reminder that the support for the club is there in High Wycombe if we can mobilise it.

Of course none of this counts for anything on Saturday when it's 11 v 11 on the pitch. It'll be an incredible atmosphere in the stadium though - a real day for us all to savour whatever the result.

• @Malone said:

@username123 said:
    These people with no ticket history and moaning have no idea how thankful they should be that nearly 47,000 tickets are available.

Thats it they're lucky they're playing us and not Sw

Exactly, and personally I’m of the belief that with every further ticket sold there is more pressure on Sunderland to deliver. Which means when things don’t go to plan there fans will become more edgy, frustrated and so on.

Just imagine them losing, and forever being remembered for dominating the stadium and fucking it up against tinpot Wycombe.

• It's a big day out in the shiny London lights for the northerners, getting down into proper civilization must be a big pull

• @username123 said:

Forest average home attendance 27,216

Sunderland average home attendance 31,426.

Just thought I would add some facts to your post.

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@username123 said:

If you're a massive club, cheesy chips n all you will realise some people won't get a ticket. Same with our lot. I appreciate the need to respect and accommodate as many people as possible but can't help feel the whining from some this week is bordering on embarrassing, enjoy the game all, at home or at Wemberley.

• 100,000 Rangers fans in Seville tonight. 47,000 Sunderland fans bought tickets plus travel & many with accomodation costs added, 23,000 WWFC fans in attendance, yet millions can't afford to buy food or put the heating on? Something doesn't add up. ?. Just an observation before people jump down my throat.

• At the end of the day it will just be like a Sunderland home game...which does not necessarily mean they will win. More the merrier I say.

• I see those dirty cheats from Wycombe finished 8th in the Fair Play table for League 1. Sunderland were 17th.

• edited May 2022

@EwanHoosaami said:
    100,000 Rangers fans in Seville tonight. 47,000 Sunderland fans bought tickets plus travel & many with accomodation costs added, 23,000 WWFC fans in attendance, yet millions can't afford to buy food or put the heating on? Something doesn't add up. ?. Just an observation before people jump down my throat.

70 million minus the 200000 you've grouped up does only leave 70 million

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@username123 said:

Fair enough but I think you see the point? Plus if Forest had a bigger stadium (they are trying to have capacity increased) I think the numbers would be slightly different do you not? Also I expect your average was significantly lower before the play off first leg, no?

• @glasshalffull said:
    I see those dirty cheats from Wycombe finished 8th in the Fair Play table for League 1. Sunderland were 17th.

The refs are duff and let us get away with our cheating remember!

• @Wendoverman said:
    At the end of the day it will just be like a Sunderland home game...which does not necessarily mean they will win. More the merrier I say.

It won’t be like a Sunderland home game, they never get 23,000 away fans. It will be just like a cup final at Wembley up in that there London. And we Chairfolk are all there to support our boys. COYB’s!

• @glasshalffull said:
    I see those dirty cheats from Wycombe finished 8th in the Fair Play table for League 1. Sunderland were 17th.

It's depressing how you seem to post stuf aimed to antagonise. Where in this thread has anyone accused us of being 'dirty'? You really need to grow up, this is infant school stuff

• @username123 said:

Actually people with plenty of ticket history are still after tickets plus our average attendance was greater than Forest’s even without the 44k v Sheff Wed. I’ve been to four home games and seven aways this season and couldn’t get a look in.. plenty in the same boat.

Also the popular misnomer that our attendances create pressure is largely debunked by comparing our home record during lockdown with that since crowds were let back in…

Not that any of this has a bearing on Saturday..

• @Username said:
    It's a big day out in the shiny London lights for the northerners, getting down into proper civilization must be a big pull

Yawn

• @Catinho said:

@username123 said:

Actually people with plenty of ticket history are still after tickets plus our average attendance was greater than Forest’s even without the 44k v Sheff Wed. I’ve been to four home games and seven aways this season and couldn’t get a look in.. plenty in the same boat.

Also the popular misnomer that our attendances create pressure is largely debunked by comparing our home record during lockdown with that since crowds were let back in…

So who have the season ticket holders been flogging the spare tickets too? I smell bullshit.

• @Doob said:

@glasshalffull said:

It's depressing how you seem to post stuf aimed to antagonise. Where in this thread has anyone accused us of being 'dirty'? You really need to grow up, this is infant

You obviously do not read other fan forums @Doob we are constantly accused of being dirty, cheating bastards (including by Sunderland fans) @glasshalffull is merely joking.

• @username123 said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@username123 said:

Fair enough but I think you see the point? Plus if Forest had a bigger stadium (they are trying to have capacity increased) I think the numbers would be slightly different do you not? ****Also I expect your average was significantly lower before the play off first leg, no?

Forest don't have a bigger average, including or excluding play offs, and away supporters have less distance to travel on the whole. Plus Forest are in the Championship which is a better standard.

I was at Cardiff, for a play off game with Mansfield, and Huddersfield had a big support. I'd guess Forest may have received a bigger allocation if they were playing Luton

At Cheltenham we've had our gates significantly increased by away supporters, it's great to see.

• @username123 said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@username123 said:

Fair enough but I think you see the point? Plus if Forest had a bigger stadium (they are trying to have capacity increased) I think the numbers would be slightly different do you not? Also I expect your average was significantly lower before the play off first leg, no?

Our average before the play off was still over 30k. Let’s remember we are in League 1. If we were at top of the championship we would be averaging 40k.

• @username123 said:

@Catinho said:

@username123 said:

So who have the season ticket holders been flogging the spare tickets too? I smell bullshit.

No season card holders were only able to get one ticket in phase 1 then a maximum of two in phase two for named people who were members of the club and in their friends and family group n the system. At no pint were season card holders able to buy tickets for none registered supporters. . In my case I got one for myself, then one for my son, who lives in Edinburgh and gets down to about seven games a season and the other was for a friend who had been to 9 home games and six away games, but would not qualify for a ticket, until phase 3 . Remember before we got extra tickets there were only about 250 tickets left for phase 3. It is this group of fans who have attended several games this season who have not been able to buy tickets who have been driving the increasingly desperate calls for more tickets.

In other word genuine fans wanted tickets for genuine fans.

• edited May 2022

@Doob said:

@glasshalffull said:

It's depressing how you seem to post stuf aimed to antagonise. Where in this thread has anyone accused us of being 'dirty'? You really need to grow up, this is infant school stuff

This smacks of a petty grudge against the poster to be honest pal.
    We're constantly derided as being dirty, cheats, cynical etc, so his post is a perfectly aimed piece of satire.

• edited May 2022

@Wendoverman said:

@Doob said:

@glasshalffull said:

It's depressing how you seem to post stuf aimed to antagonise. Where in this thread has anyone accused us of being 'dirty'? You really need to grow up, this is infant

You obviously do not read other fan forums @Doob we are constantly accused of being dirty, cheating bastards (including by Sunderland fans) @glasshalffull is merely joking.

Agreed. I thought it was almost a classic wendoverman post! And I'd suggest if you'd have posted it, no criticism would have been made.

• I am actually really impressed by the level of interest this has generated (both with Sunderland and ourselves).

However you look at it, a demand of around 50,000 considering the distance involved and associated costs is pretty good. Sunderland are a well-supported, ‘big’ club (who have deservedly ended up where they currently are) and it should be a cracking atmosphere before the game.

We’ve also done well. 20000 was the upper end of my expectations so to go beyond that is really pleasing.

I actually think the ticketing has been managed pretty well. I understand some Sunderland fans frustrations who can’t get tickets, but logistically I can’t see any reasonable ways more seats could be released without eating into our unsold allocation - which is an unknown, and shrinking, figure.

On a more general point, I do wonder how much the 1500 kick off has contributed to the high attendance. I don’t know, but I would hazard a guess, that a 1730 start may have significantly affected sales.

• @bookertease said:
    I am actually really impressed by the level of interest this has generated (both with Sunderland and ourselves).

However you look at it, a demand of around 50,000 considering the distance involved and associated costs is pretty good. Sunderland are a well-supported, ‘big’ club (who have deservedly ended up where they currently are) and it should be a cracking atmosphere before the game.

We’ve also done well. 20000 was the upper end of my expectations so to go beyond that is really pleasing.

I actually think the ticketing has been managed pretty well. I understand some Sunderland fans frustrations who can’t get tickets, but logistically I can’t see any reasonable ways more seats could be released without eating into our unsold allocation - which is an unknown, and shrinking, figure.

On a more general point, I do wonder how much the 1500 kick off has contributed to the high attendance. I don’t know, but I would hazard a guess, that a 1730 start may have significantly affected sales.

I think you make some really good points here. I just don’t have much faith in Wembley to have even given extending allocations much thought when planning this event - indicated by the ridiculous fact that we are on the wrong side of the stadium in terms of trains and transport… anyone concerned with “supporter safety” (the main reason given by the EFL for not extending our allocation) would have put you in the West simply to avoid the massive contra flow of people that will occur pre and post match on Saturday.

On top of this rather than extending our top tier allocation round to 516 we have been given middle tier seating above your fans with the empty tier above. It makes no sense. Rather than leaving the middle tier empty and giving us more tickets they’ve moved us closer to your fans.

As for your 20000 plus that’s amazing. The journey you’ve been on the last few years must have been an absolute joy to behold and the fact that people try to belittle Gareth Ainsworth’s achievements by sniping must drive you mad. To me he comes across as dead honest and positive - his quotes re: pressure in particular strike a chord and I can see how you would all run through a brick wall for him - that’s a pretty tough juggernaut to halt plus you have genuine quality. I’m crossing fingers that Mehmeti is not fit as him and McCleary’s creativity give me nightmares.

All the best for Saturday - hope we all have a safe and largely enjoyable day!!

• @username123 said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@username123 said:

Average without that game is 30,847 I believe, so brings it down a little bit, we've averaged over 30,000 every season in L1, none of the other "big clubs" who've dropped into L1 managed that once. I think Forest's was something like 20k when they fell down to this level.

• Great effort by Wycombe, hopefully more tickets sold today. I'm going in with my wife but our son is in with Sunderland now. He's at Uni there and travelling down on the train with all the Sunderland lads so I can't blame him, his mother isn't so forgiving.