Skip to content

will Pierre go before the deadline ????? (and richmayes ban discussion)

Comments

• You have a right to? Have you written to Twiiter to ask the names of everyone who has the ability to close your account? Have you written to Facebook demanding that you should be allowed to impersonate another person and to know the names of everyone who will close your account if you do so? You seem awfully entitled for someone using a free service while taking on none of the costs and risks.

• I am not a moderator but I am moderate.

• I too am grateful for both the new forum and those whom give their time so freely. Those that constantly criticise, may I remind you that you have a choice. You can always create your own forum or perhaps join the Facebook group?

• @Cambblue If you don't like the moderation here, you could always fuck off and make your own WWFC forum chap?

• @bill_stickers said:
    Cambblue If you don't like the moderation here, you could always fuck off and make your own WWFC forum chap?

^This^
    Or go and join the WWFC 'banter' group on Facebook that was created when the members in the normal one got quite rightly fed up with the sort of inane nonsense that you & richmayes have been coming up with.

• Think you right Bill....I'll leave it to the tight knit little group on here...to be honest i think we saw the true colours of a few on here....not the type of people i like to associate with anyway. Try and learn some subtlety, wit and humour while I'm gone..its always a sign you've been outclassed when you result to abusive language.....don't let the Mods ego grow too big either.....ps doesn't abusive language constitute a ban?

• bore off now eh, there's a nice chap

• Yawn. Talk of a lack of democracy, slagging off moderators, arguing about it when someone gets banned for impersonating a real life person who could actually lose their job if they are accused of leaking information about the workings of the club. Are these the same people that demand the fans get a say every time the club order in a slightly different brand of toilet roll?

I think this could be a generational thing - kids these days can feel so entitled to something just because they exist. Truth is no member of this site is entitled to anything on here except the site's owner. If he wanted to shut it down tomorrow, he could. There would be no democratic process involved although I bet some would demand one. Everyone just needs to get a grip, accept that a board like this needs moderators, be thankful for the totally voluntary job they do and accept that sometimes not everyone will agree with a decision, be it to edit or delete a post or ban a member.

There can be no argument - if a member is banned for no reason and @drcongo doesn't agree with the ban, I'm sure the person could be reinstated. It's not and shouldn't be a democratic process as it's his site and ultimately his rules. Like it or jog on.

• I generally agree with what you say Rolo, but what is the point if the person banned can immediately re-register under another name.

• Belatedly, may I say that I agree wholeheartedly with @robin (many tedious posts above.) Call me old-fashioned but I disliked intensely the inanity of many contributions on the original Gasroom and I'm not too enamoured of the Facebook stuff either. But there are many among us, obsessed really with WW who enjoy nothing more than a balanced, grown-up discussion about every aspect of this great football club and we would hate to be denied the opportunity by a tiny minority - possibly only one or two people.

• @bourne70 said:
    Dr Congo . I actually felt the personal vendetta was against rich mayes not myself . You can say that it is only me who feels as I do as many times as you want but the evidence suggests I am not the only one with way this forum is being currently run.

Firstly, I have never said you're the only one, let alone said it as many times as I want.

Secondly, I have asked you to stop your outright lies, and yet here's another one.

Thirdly, how many of the others who are "concerned" are concerned because they believed your repeated lies?

Your persecution complex is getting tiresome.

• edited January 2016

@mooneyman That's true but is pretty much true of most websites. But the alternative is we throw our hands up, do nothing and let the timewasters ruin every sensible discussion on here. Don't forget, moderators have access to more information about individual posters than is displayed to the average user so stand a good chance of spotting a banned user re-registering. Then they can keep a close eye on what they post in future or, if they've had enough chances, choose to ban them again.

• @DrCongo . You have mentioned a persecution complex for the second time . What have I said which suggests I think I am being personally persecuted ? What Lie have I now told , if fact what lies have I ever told ? You catch me at a disadvantage on this. You are becoming quite offensive in suggesting I am a liar and to be honest I feel you are acting like you yourself , or at least the was this forum is now being run is in fact : being persecuted .

• "or at least the way " I meant to say

• Oh FFS bourney, you are really becoming as irksome as richmayes now. I've said it before but will scribe it again in case you missed it. Everyone has a choice, you have argued this to death now. Why don't you use the option of not using the forum and or create your own?
    Please, could a mod close this discussion, it really has been overcooked to the point of charcoal!

• I am accused as being a liar and I am being irksome ? how would you feel ?

• Can't speak for the first point & only myself on the second.

• The man ask openly accused me of being a Liar . I would like to know in what way I ahve lied as I am quite offended by this . i had actually said my bit until this happened

• I thought you were all about freedom of speech @bourne70?

• I thought you were all about decorum on a forum @Chris ?

• I think you've confused me with someone else.

• I'd like to add my voice to those thanking the moderators for the excellent, very necessary and usually thankless job they do for this forum.

• Bourne70 let it go man

• edited January 2016

@Cambblue What a truly remarkable load of self-absorbed bollocky waffle your last post was. Good riddance, you won't be missed.

• Move on Bourne - you're embarrassing yourself here.

• @bourne70 said:
    You have mentioned a persecution complex for the second time . What have I said which suggests I think I am being personally persecuted ?

As you seem to have trouble following a sentence, let alone a thread...

Exhibit A:

It very much feels like "big brother" watching over this forum

Exhibit B:

I know I risk being banned by saying this but I will anyway : I do not believe I am alone in thinking you enjoy an sense of power on here and that you make decisions based purely on your sense of justice .

Exhibit C:

Nice of you to only quote a snippet of what I said to suit your argument . Maybe you should go and work for the Guardian

Exhibit D:

it would give reasoning behind your recent abuse of power on this forum.

Exhibit E:

Well as long as you don't use your "power" to win arguments Chris . I for one will be watching to see if you do indeed seem to be getting some sort of sad power kick from what you are able to do .

@bourne70 said:
    What Lie have I now told , if fact what lies have I ever told ?

Exhibit F:

@malone . "sinister" ?? I would love to know which bit was "sinister" in your opinion ! what makes me laugh about people like your fine self is you disagree so much with a view , say the culprit should be banned

Malone never said you should be banned. A lie.

Exhibit G:

I personally do not think Mr Mayes should have been banned but instead warned if he upset the sensibilities of a few one here

That's not why he was banned. Either your inability to follow a thread or a lie.

Exhibit H:

You can say that it is only me who feels as I do as many times as you want

I never said this even once, let alone as many times as I want. A lie.

Exhibit I:

but this forum is going to be a very boring place if people start to feel you are nothing short of being like a power happy referee dishing out red cards and do not feel they can express themselves freely

Nobody has ever been banned for expressing themselves freely. Another lie.

In closing, if you don't have a persecution complex then the only other explanations could be that
    a) you have decided that it is your duty to harass @chris, @arnos_grove and myself at every possible opportunity. A very strange hobby.
    b) This is some kind of bizarre propaganda campaign to spread misinformation about this forum.
    c) A bit of both.

The defence rests your honour.

* drops mic

• Bored with all this.com

• @DrCongo . They are not lies , they are opinions . Others on here have shared similar opinions in my opinion and it is with their "lies" that it has become more apparent to me . The "big brother " angle was meant in general not exclusively with regards to my self . I have however thought for a while there is a self righteous elite on here (who have ganged up on a fair few posters ) . I will say this again : it is not a feeling of personal persecution , I feel in fact it had been directed at others more than myself. What ever the opinion or ( "lies" in your view) they get shouted down by the usual crowd and now we have a couple of this crowd who have the power to edit posts and eject members because it does not fit their views or you suddenly become legal experts in impersonation on the interned.Every one on here knows damn well it was not this girl in the shop but Mayes messing around . There is no way in hell the police would have been interested in it . I think Richmayes999 should have been warned if he stepped over the your line not just red carded. You will pleased to know I will no longer contribute to this forum . I find it a platform for keyboard bullies (not all but some ) is it the same 5-6 all the time and I have had enough .

• You're welcome back any time @bourne70