Skip to content

will Pierre go before the deadline ????? (and richmayes ban discussion)

Comments

• Jesus Christ this just keeps going round in circles. Bourne - no-one is persecuting you even if they (like I) find your views on community cohesion distasteful. I think you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder from the abuse you got at the time of your Waddock Out campaign. Surely you can see that having a board with a bit more moderation and less anonymity, as it is in its current incarnation, means there's far less witless and nasty abuse?

Likewise with RichMayes - he only got banned when he started insinuating he was an easily identifiable person who he was not. This is not just immoral, it's illegal. I just wish his ban was effective. Sadly the pre-pubescent arse couldn't even take a day to reflect on his actions before coming back as cambblue.

Frankly I think @Chris and @arnos_grove and @drcongo deserve far more thanks and respect than they're getting. Their selflessness means we get to enjoy a board that is broadly tolerant, constructive, interesting and entertaining.

• Or at least for a while it seems? Cmon Chris why stop the democratic process what you afraid of? Why take down my Blind Belief in authority is the enemy of truth post? That only supports Bourne 70 view right?

• Thanks @aloysius .

Cambblue, you were never banned. But even if you were, something tells me it still wouldn't make my statement incorrect.

This board is for discussion about Wycombe Wanderers, we've already got this thread for discussion on Rich's ban, we don't need to create any more.

• @bourne70 You do realise there's a deletion / edit log in the admin area of this site? If @chris was editing or deleting your posts it would be there, but no matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true. What is in that log though, is pages and pages of deletion of spam. The moderators have quite enough to do already without some imaginary personal vendetta against you.

The guidelines I gave to the mods when inviting them was simply to use their judgement: almost anything goes, but outright racism, misogyny and the like should be deleted.

Impersonating a real person absolutely should be a banning offence which is what happened here. Why you think this is about you I have no idea.

I do not believe you should have the right to expel people from here because of what you and one or two or your usual allies think is right or wrong.

Even the most libertarian among us would probably understand that laws and rules exist for the many because the few have to decide what is right and wrong. If you really feel this is not how the world should work, try driving to the game today on the right hand side of the road.

Cue the usual go and play golf then comments : but this forum is going to be a very boring place if people start to feel you are nothing short of being like a power happy referee dishing out red cards and do not feel they can express themselves freely

This is pure revisionism. @richmayes999 was banned for expressing someone else freely. Please stop the outright lies.

• Let the people decide? This is a fans forum?

• So is that it - we'll never here the wisdom of Mr mayes again? That is a shame. I hope he comes back as someone else. You can't ban people when they can just sign on as a new member. Let's hope he does otherwise we can rename this the "Chris' Gasroom 3". Shocking.

• You are an idiot.

• Thanks mate - always appreciate the odd insult or two.

• If Richie passed himself of as someone else....name the exact person he tried to pass himself off as ? Because surely if you can't then a. No harm has been done and b. How can you pass you self off as someone who doesn't exist?.....and c. Don't belittle my intelligence by assuming that I'm gonna believe that Richie is some obscure persona that he is not?

• You know whats really sad about this? One of the biggest threads on the board is about a slightly annoying but more self-deluded poster rather than the team, club, trust etc etc

Perspective guys?

If people just ignored him (the ol'skool way) he would tire of his own nonsense.

• Aloysius...please enlighten me about the post above. 'Rich Mayes' you say has not only done something immoral, but illegal. What offence was that then??

• Thanks...defamation of character....civil law. Wouldn't like to have to prove that one given the circumstances of Rich Mayes conduct!

• @aloysius said:

Frankly I think Chris and arnos_grove and drcongo deserve far more thanks and respect than they're getting. Their selflessness means we get to enjoy a board that is broadly tolerant, constructive, interesting and entertaining.

Hear hear.

• @MBS - cases could be made for defamation and harassment. Given the person impersonated works for the club a case could be made that her livelihood could potentially be impacted due to posts apparently in her name aggressively attacking playing staff. But as this isn't a hypothetical situation I don't think it's appropriate to say any more; instead as @TheAndyGrahamFanClub suggests it would be far better just to move on from this squalid little episode.

• Can I ask what is the point of banning an individual and then allowing that same person to re-register under another name the next day?

• This thread has nothing to do with the title. So bored.

• Strange as it may seem my name is not Morris Ital (as great a piece of automotive history that was )and this picture isn't of me but Mr mayes has tried to convince the rest of us he is a particular person why. Imo you can be a dips*** on here as much as you like but when you start interfering with the real world and real lives that's when the moderators need to take action.

• And there is me thinking it was your real name Morris. You are going to tell us next that that is not your picture either....I did have a Morris Ital once, the upmarket version of the old Marina, huge boot for all the kids' stuff and used to go really well, though it was a rust heap in the end.

• @MBS by "in the end", do you mean three weeks after it rolled off the production line? ;)

• Nah, about 9 days. It had a vinyl roof, metallic bronze. Did the job for us all having three young boys at the time. Maybe we should start a new thread about the Morris Ital...God I'm bored at work today!

• Vinyl roofs are due a comeback I reckon.

• Don't listen to Clarkson and his public school chums the Marina /Ital was as good as anything else on the road at that time he just knew that Rover didn't have the money to take legal action so he slagged them off and probably contributed to a lot of people losing their jobs.

• Ah, heady days. I had the Marina coupe in oyster beige. Great car until I drove it straight, (instead of around the bend), and crunched it into a huge tree going through the windscreen in the process. Needless to emphasize both the car and myself came off 2nd best!

• Hey Morris.....just a quick question before we all get behind the Blues this afternoon....who are the moderators on here? How many of them are there?How do you get to be one?

• You get to be one by not repeatedly posting nonsense and being able to spot a racist at 30 paces.

• Not really providing much transparency here Dr Congo? Surely we all have a right to know who the moderators are and how they got there? If only to reassure us all that you don't meet up in the caves of West wycombe as part of some new Hell fire society? If half of your last post was to be believed....I would begin to seriously doubt the credentials of most of the so called moderators on here.....Racism is easier to spot....its Facism that can really go under the radar sometimes.

• @Dr Congo . I actually felt the personal vendetta was against rich mayes not myself . You can say that it is only me who feels as I do as many times as you want but the evidence suggests I am not the only one with way this forum is being currently run.

• "Not the only one who is concerned with the way this forum is being currently run is what I meant to say "

• I have no problem with how this forum is run,those that run it deserve our thanks as without them this forum would be as bad as the old one which i rarely posted on i hated it that much,cheers mods!