Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• Quite right Righty. Christmas Eve
    syndrome.

• Useless typesetter.

• @davecz said:
    Only 3 days left. Starting to worry. Surely it would been better to get them in earlier so they would be ready for Saturday. Does that mean we haven’t been able to get our identified targets?

Worry is a bit strong isn't it?
    Apart from current Liverpool Squad players, who would you bring in?

• @Malone - to give us the best chance of staying up, I think we need more reinforcements, a left back and a creative midfielder. Over the last couple of weeks , we have seen comments around ‘ we have identified ‘ targets’ from the club. So worried that we haven’t landed them yet with only a couple of days left of the window. You may believe we have enough to survive but I don’t share your optimism unfortunately.

• If we're in for anyone who's an U20 or U21 international, they might have been on duty as there have been games at those levels this week.

• remember @chairboyscentral : we're Big Time now, so only full internationals will do.

• @our_frank said:
    remember @chairboyscentral : we're Big Time now, so only full internationals will do.

Mario Balotelli is still a free agent...

• good point. And Danny Welbeck supported us as a boy, I believe.

• I would love Jackson Irvine - can't believe he's still without a club - but I suspect he was on a fairly hefty wage at Hull.

• not sure the hair would be acceptable. It did for Randell Williams, after all.

• Jackson Irvine was on half a million at Hull if Wikipedia is to be trusted.

• It isn't .

He may have been, who knows, certainly not Wiki.

Irrelevant anyway, he is currently earning £0 per annum. Assuming he wants to continue his career, he must now take what he considers to be the best deal now. That as I understand it doesnt necessarily have to be in the UK nor signed up by Friday this week.

• @DevC said:
    It isn't .

Irrelevant anyway, he is currently earning £0 per annum. Assuming he wants to continue his career, he must now take what he considers to be the best deal now. That as I understand it doesnt necessarily have to be in the UK nor signed up by Friday this week.

He's far more likely to be sitting on an offer or two and hedging his bets than he is destitute begging for any club.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@DevC said:
    It isn't .

He's far more likely to be sitting on an offer or two and hedging his bets than he is destitute begging for any club.

I know we probably won't get any points or score a goal this season, but 3k a week with us in the second tier probably wouldn't be "begging", would it?

• Would imagine our lowest wage (B team players excluded) is at least double that

• @Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@DevC said:
    It isn't .

I know we probably won't get any points or score a goal this season, but 3k a week with us in the second tier probably wouldn't be "begging", would it?

I don't doubt he would be a good signing, and he should be delighted to be selected to play for the mighty wanderers under our management, and we could certainly offer him a very decent wage to live off. I also suspect he's got offers from other clubs both in our league and abroad at wage levels we'd struggle to match.

• Did Jacques Maghoma ever find a club?

• Not yet, but we don't need any more wingers.

• And crisps

• GA this morning, 'i'd like to bring another one in but time is running out.' Also sounds like there's a chance Horgan won't play on Saturday.

• And a hint that we may just be looking to sign some free agents.

• Not particularly positive news from Ainsworth this morning. He talked in the last week or so about identified targets but clearly difficult getting them over the line. Surely the free agents market is equally competitive with clubs looking for bargains.

• This is more what we expect from Gaz. Playing expectations down.
    I still don't know why he mentioned Rob C had allowed funds for two new signings.

If they weren't imminent that was a strange statement.

• edited October 2020

Did he explicitly say two or did he say "a couple" - which sounds more vague even though it should mean two. I just read that (what he said about Rob backing him with funds) as him saying we weren't done yet - which he'd said before, just worded differently.

• And if he did explicitly mean two signings, is Knight not one of them? He'd been a target for a while.

• @Malone said:
    This is more what we expect from Gaz. Playing expectations down.
    I still don't know why he mentioned Rob C had allowed funds for two new signings.

If they weren't imminent that was a strange statement.

Just heading off people moaning that we weren't doing anything I'd guess. They'll be back.

• @chairboyscentral Yes, I was trying to do the signings maths like that this morning. Did Ainsworth say "a couple" like I thought he did? And did he say it before the Knight signing?

I believe the answers are Yes and Yes. So, I don't think there will be any signings beyond Welbeck.

• edited October 2020

@our_frank I think he mentioned having two targets after the Luton game, so Knight must have been one of them. That said, Rob suggested up to three signings on RTB - again, before Knight signed. As long as one of them is a left-back - the only position where we literally have one player - I'll feel more at ease!

• "It won't be three; it'll probably be two" according to Gaz on the new RTB

• Let's hope so. I've been clinging to your hypothesis that the players in question have been involve din U21 internationals this week.