Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• Seems that he mostly played in midfield for Peterborough. Looks like another decent loan signing.

• Only 3 months is a bit of a shame

• on the face of it ..Knight looks like a useful signing however we need experienced championship players not league 1 ones....maybe we are preparing for the worst

• @Wanderers82 - I agree with you . Have we already accepted our fate. Hopefully in the next few days we will bring in more experience.

• What is his role going to be? Fourth choice centre back? Third choice right back? Or I wonder if he's seen as a deep-lying midfielder in the Scowen mould.

Could we see a combination of him as playmaker, Gape doing the defensive work and Adeniran running box to box in a 4-3-3?

Didn't he play right midfield for Peterborough? A position we don't really utilise, except when we're going for that tight diamond which always fills me with trepidation.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    on the face of it ..Knight looks like a useful signing however we need experienced championship players not league 1 ones....maybe we are preparing for the worst

Not sure how signing a player on a three month loan leads this conclusion.

Good luck to Josh. Hope he does well for us. I see Peterborough fans are wishing him well.

• “I see Peterborough fans are wishing him good luck “. Perhaps in that dreary “good luck there mate” tone of resignation?

• .....wishing him well.” Cocked that one up!
  • Could it be that Tafazoli injury, (hamstring?) means he will be out for 6-8 weeks, hence the 3 month loan period.

• My Peterborough supporting friend (he's one of the good ones, promise) says he played exclusively box to box midfield for them, liked to get stuck and had an eye for goal. Sounds promising to me, I can't believe we've signed him to play at the back. It would raise more questions about the ongoing fitness of Thompson and Gape for me...

• I’d be surprised if he doesn’t play central midfield, at least to start with.

• The goal he scored against us for Peterborough last season was an absolute cracker. Followed a corner from the left which was only half cleared and his shot was so powerful it knocked over a defender in the goal line. It has just been posted on the Wycombe FB page. Tall guy. Well over 6’.

• A tall centre mid certainly won't go amiss.

I dare say one of the quick things Gareth noticed was that without Uche/Bayo we suddenly looked quite vulnerable at set pieces.

• edited October 2020

@Malone said:
    A tall centre mid certainly won't go amiss.

I dare say one of the quick things Gareth noticed was that without Uche/Bayo we suddenly looked quite vulnerable at set pieces.

That does annoy me somewhat in commentary, when we're described as a dangerous set piece team no matter who is on the pitch. I'm sure there was a point in the sky game when we had a front 3 of Horgan Kashket and Fred on, a short midfield, and the commentary still insisted on saying we were only looking for free kicks as that's where we're dangerous.

• Totally agree @Username.

• On another positive note, unless Leicester bless ‘em are asking us to make a considerable financial contribution, the two targeted players whose signing GA said Rob Couhig had sanctioned must be in addition to Josh Knight.

• do you think we will be signing anyone on loan?.time is ticking

• Let’s hope the deafening silence will soon be broken.

• Only 3 days left. Starting to worry. Surely it would been better to get them in earlier so they would be ready for Saturday. Does that mean we haven’t been able to get our identified targets?

• Even I'm starting to get anxious @davecz

• I dont know about anyone else but its pointless asking me about new signings or loans or what is happening behind the scenes.

• Starting to worry @davecz ? It seems like you've been worried for a long time.

• I’m less nervous, more looking forward to more uplifting threads. Business so far has been pretty good, there’s a couple of days of the window left and there are/will be more FAs than usual. We get a LB and, with those coming back from injury, I’m about as happy as I could expect to be.

• @Wendoverman - I look forward to the time when you make a sensible and constructive comment. Sadly missing at the moment.

• @davecz said:
    @Wendoverman - I look forward to the time when you make a sensible and constructive comment. Sadly missing at the moment.

Ouch! I will shout no new midfielders??????? a hundred times as penance for falling short of your posting standards

• I’m beginning to think we’ve missed out on the signings mentioned in last weeks RTBs. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong soon.

• We signed Ofoborh and Aarons on deadline day last summer - and quite late in the day if I remember correctly. All will be under control. Need a left-back and ideally some extra creativity in midfield - those two would bring the squad up to 32, which I think Rob said was his ideal squad size in Close Quarters. Might be alright without the extra MF - I've heard very promising things about Anis Mehmeti - but the LB is a must.

• Transfer deadline day is a perfect look at what happens when men are allowed to do the shopping.

Last minute always and panicked quite often

We will see a couple of loan signings

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Transfer deadline day is a perfect look at what happens when men are allowed to do the shopping.

Last minute always and panicked quite often

We will see a couple of loan signings

As long as there's beer and biscuits we can make do.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Transfer deadline day is a perfect look at what happens when men are allowed to do the shopping.

Looking forward to our front three being a box of Milk Tray, a bunch of slightly wilted flowers and some Turtle Wax.