Skip to content

Wrexham away

Looking at their attendances, presumably this will be all ticket?

Comments

• Be a sellout I reckon. Think they give away fans just over a 1000 tickets last season.

I'll be looking to take the kids to this one.

• edited July 10

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2024/july/10/tickets-wrexham-a-10-08/

The Chairboys have been given an allocation of 1,183 tickets in the Wrexham Lager Stand for our Sky Bet League 1 curtain raiser at Wrexham on Saturday 10th August (k.o. 5.30pm).

This is an ALL-TICKET FIXTURE – Wanderers fans must purchase tickets in advance of the fixture.

SALES PHASES:

Season Ticket Holders – Wednesday 17th July at 10am

General Sale – Monday 29th July at 10am.

PRICES:

Adults: £26

Senior 65+: £21

Under 21: £21

Under 18: £14

Under 11: £10

Personal Assistant: Free of Charge

During the initial phase of sale (17/7 – 29/7), Season Ticket Holders will be restricted to 1 ticket per ST holder. You will be able to purchase up to 6 tickets in one transaction, provided every ticket is assigned to a ST holder on our ticketing site. If there are still tickets available at the start of the general sale window on Monday 29th July, this restriction will be lifted.

We have been allocated 12 pairs of wheelchair and personal assistant tickets in block LY1 of the Wrexham Lager Stand Lower. These tickets will be available to purchase via their own separate tab on the ticketing site and are charged at the same rate as above.

All Under 14’s must be accompanied by an Over 18. Any U14 without an O18 will be refused entry.

Proof of concessions may need to be shown at the time of purchase and also on the turnstiles on the day of the game. Should anyone not be able to provide the proof of concession at the turnstiles then they will be refused entry with no refund.

There will be no alcohol sales to away fans due to the location of the away fan kiosks being in view of the pitch.

DATES:

Post tickets will be available until 4pm on Tuesday 6th August 2024.

Tickets are on advance sale until 12pm on Friday 9th August 2024.

Refunds will only be accepted if the full ticket is returned to Adams Park by 12pm on Friday 9th August 2024. After this time, no sales or refunds can be processed.

Duplicate ticket requests, should tickets not arrive in the post in time, will also be accepted until 5pm on Friday 9th August 2024.

(Ripped from the Website)

• The tickets are in the North West corner of the Racecourse Ground and in the Wrexham Lager stand.

If its the same as previous seasons you will be sat in the top tier at the far left end with about 10 rows of seats covered in netting between you and the Wrexham fans.

• Looking forward to it and thanks for the info. 👍

• Haven't got a season ticket so will have to wait for general sale.

However was hoping they'd put something in place for people with ordering history from last season.

Could a Wrexham fan just ring up and get a ticket? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

• I thinks it's unlikely we will sell out, but should take a fair few.

• Remember it’s a 5.30om kick-off.

• A question regarding this one. Can I order these online if I have a season ticket? Or is it possible to do it over the phone?

• Probably be a lot of cameras and media coverage too, mainly for the next season of Welcome to Wrexham.

• Why is it 530 Ko Mr worboys?

• LX1 cos its on Sky TV

• Wonderful idiocy seeing two people down thumbing!

• How do, lads and lasses! I thought about coming on here and give some low down on our club. Firstly, if you do come up, it will be a historic moment so fans up here will be in a really good, excited mood. I can't envision any trouble, but you do get the odd dickhead who likes a few beers and peaks too soon! It is the first time in league 1 for 19 years before shit hit the fan and went downhill after asset strippers galore for our club! Funnily enough, it all started really when our chairman (at the time) was at Adams Park and suffered a heart attack or a stroke, and needed to sell. Sadly, he sold us down the river to what he thought was the ex chairman of our fiercest rivals, but he was a front man for a property developer based nr Manchester who wanted the land the ground was sat on. Cue legal battles, relegation, more property developers later on and eventually being fan owned, and a worldwide virus spreading round, led us to being took over by Hollywood A lister Ryan Reynolds and US TV star Rob McElhenney.

Parking - anywhere near the ground is resident only, and a little further away you might be able to park. If you got here early enough, you could get on Crispin Lane but with an increased temporary kop, more fans will be piled in to the ground, meaning parking if even more difficult. I'd like to think there'd be a good number of you guys coming up, which should add up to the atmosphere. Buses would end up in the university car park so about a 1 minute walk to the away turnstiles. Our ground has changed a bit since you guys last came up since 2007 with a dull 0-0 draw. Away fans are now housed in the upper and lower tier of the Wrexham Lager stand, where we can only fit in 1200 or so. At the time away fans was moved from behind the goal to the side to allow Wrexham fans behind the goal in the conference days, this stayed the same as the kop was beyond repair and left to rot. We were a 3 sided ground for pretty much all of our conference days.

Pre-match - seeing the turf is more of a tourist attraction for our new friends from across the pond (honestly, they stick out like a sore thumb with the contents of the club shop being sick on them - great for increased revenue!) you more than likely won't get a look in. We don't have a specific away pub, but you'd be more than welcome to the Plas Coch which is the nearest to the away end (a 5 min stroll through the university car park) or you'd be more than welcome at crossing the road and popping in to the Maesgwyn, next door to the Shell petrol station. North Wales Police don't like coach loads going anywhere near a pub for some bizarre reason, but if you make your own way up you can go where you like. Again, if you're up early enough town is only a 10-15 minute walk away where you can find spoons, but this does get jam packed quite early before KO. With it being an evening KO, i'd imagine most will be on the ales from around 12! Other pubs are in a little further into town where the high street is, there is a great selection of pubs to choose from. Trains, I think it is a case of good luck if you can get from Brum to Wycombe...

Home form - We've been pretty good at home over the past 3 or 4 years. Only drew 1 game in our conference winning season at home, and won 22. We capitulated on the opening day to franchise last season, but other than that and losing to Bradford and Trannies, we did alright again.

Our squad - After signing Arthur Okwonkwo permanently from Arsenal on a free transfer, we have strengthened every position available ever since the takeover. Having played a 3-5-2 for the past 3 years, George Evans, O'Connell and Tom O'Connor at the back there is a defence full of league 1 and championship experience. We have our own local lad Max Cleworth who is a quality defender, Lewis Brunt who was on loan last season at Mansfield signed from Leicester and Will Boyle who we nabbed from Huddersfield last season. Wing backs we have Ryan Barnett on the right (Luke Bolton as cover), we have signed Seb Revan from Aston Villa and having James McClean as cover (yes, that irish lad that everyone but Wrexham fans hate - he certainly is a fan favourite due to having the same dislike to the royals). In midfield, we have signed Dobson from Charlton this summer, Andy Cannon and Elliott Lee would complete the midfield. Another local lad Jordan Davies would be back up who has the hardest shot at the club. I've seen it when he smashes them in from distance, i'd rather move out the way. Up top we have Mullin however he has had back surgery last month so i'd like to think he'd be out for a month at most. We also have league 1/2 type Ollie Palmer who is 6ft5 and would bully anyone in the game. As a replacement for Mullin, we'd probably play with Jack Marriott. Options off the bench would be Steven Fletcher, the old Wednesday and Sunderland Scottish international who loves to showboat when possible, even trying the good ole overhead kick if the chance arrives!

Any questions, i'll try and pop back on and help! I hope you enjoy the day/game but as long as we win :)

• edited July 23

@Pilot_Phonic many thanks for the info, only one question really, will Mr Reynolds and McElhenney be attendance ? Asking on behalf of the wife really, she has absolutely no interest in football whatsoever, but for some reason , would like to come along if those two are there.

• It's funny - I always see the ownership as Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds and the other bloke, Rob with the difficult last name.

• Always rated Elliot Lee and James McClean. Luke Bolton perhaps less so. And did you say

• Sensation info @Pilot_Phonic thank you.

Genuine question, is Phil Parkinson as unpleasant as he seems to be on the documentary?

• Good to see Wrexham back in the league and on the up but hope 1st day of the season is a short, sharp shock to the system.

• @Pilot_Phonic top opposition supporter posting that! Thank you. Hope it’s a good game. No wait, what am I saying, I hope we win by 4 and it’s all over by half-time 😃

• @Pilot_Phonic I echo the above sentiments. Thank you for taking the time to post a long and thoughtful guide. Opposition fans like you are always welcome on the Gasroom.

However, as others have said.... its great to see Wrexham on the up.... but I sincerely hope we thrash your lot on the opening day!

... you can do alright after that I guess.... until you come to Adams Park 😅

• In these times of moronic social media posts calling any club that hasn’t played in the PL tinpot and claiming they will ‘p..s’ the title by Christmas, how refreshing to see the articulate and interesting message from our friend in Wrexham. Ignoring the Hollywood hype, they are a proper club with proper fans and to echo other comments, I wish them well in all but two games next season.

• Yes brilliant @Pilot_Phonic , I am really looking forward to the game and experiencing the Wrexham atmosphere. 👍👍

• @Pilot_Phonic What's your opinion of Luke Bolton? Came on loan here with high expectations a few years, and was totally forgettable.

• Not sure, they did come over for the opening game last season, and now filming has finished Ryan's new film, I wouldn't put it past them to be here. Sometimes they fly over in the morning, and fly back to the US the same day. Rob I think stays over a few times a season.

Having seen the doc and met him in person, he really is such a likeable bloke. Doesn't swear like in the doc, friendly and will sign autographs and have photos with anyone who asks. Doesn't seem like that from what he is portrayed as in the dressing room.

I hope its all over by half time too, a nice convincing 5-0 will be nice. Last season after getting back into the league, there was this huge bug around the place, brought down to earth with a massive bump with a tonking from franchise. Hoping we have all learnt lessons from that.

I know what its like in this league, having grew up watching the club since 91 (travelling 100 mile round trip when you're 5 isn't much fun when the football on offer is shite). We really do have some great fans, all stuck with the club through the past 20 years. There are bandwagoners, which every club have but we only have them due to wanting to see the A listers. There are also a bunch of fans that has never had league football before, or even a derby game against Chester (or Shrewsbury until the FA Cup in January) so our away following has also picked up with those wanting to tick off grounds. No big time charlie stuff from me. I understand how football works and what is considered tin and pot. I've got used to watching the club with so much media interest in the games and we've been that big fish attraction (honestly, no idea why though as we're the same as any club that has decent owners). Hopefully we can go back to being a smaller fish - look at the size of the clubs that we are facing. Charlton, Birmingham, Huddersfield, Blackpool all have had a stint in the premier league in recent times, whilst we have languished further down the pyramid. Be nice to turn up and think we may have a chance of nicking a point here, instead of being touted as league favourites.

In terms of expectations, I don't think i've seen one serious post who has said we'll win the league. Me personally, a successful season would be top half, so long as its above the shit from down the A5 (Salop). I can't see them doing anything than going down though :) We need to get the off field issues sorted. We have announced an academy that is linked with a secondary school not too far out of town, so we have upgraded to a category 3 status which is great. We don't have a training ground yet. Historically, we had great FA cup runs in the 90s that paid for a centre of excellence, and a part of the asset stripping, that got sold to the uni, which then was bought by the FAW. We do use it, I believe more often now but still if the FAW require it for whatever reason, we go down the road to a golfing/spa/ resort type or if the weather is shite, we could end up in Cefn (crudely pronounced as Kev-un) where that is a 4G pitch. Other random things behind the scenes need to catch up, like the (permanent) kop stand that requires building. Initial plans from 2 years ago had plans drawn up and we all saw what it could be like and for building work to start last June to be ready for this coming season, however the owners have gone back to the drawing board.

I also look forward to coming to Adams Park on the return fixture, quite a decent ground, and another one for my 12 yo lad to tick off (see what I mean?) When you compare AP to Maidenhead for example.....yeah, its brill!

• Sorry, I missed this. He offers something different to Barnett, who loves the old step over, get to the byline and cross it in. Bolton is speedy, not much end product who cant seem to either stay in or beat their first man but does change it up by cutting inside if we think we can get the upper hand on the right flank.

• Seen Wrexham held a half decent Chelsea side to a 2-2 draw over night. Luke Bolton with one of the goals. James McClean getting into a scrap in the second minute...not sure he'd pass the Wycombe character test!

• And that is the rub for a lot of people in football isn't it.

Which is why the Barton types and assorted offenders get back in so frequently.