Skip to content

PETER MURPHY

1235»

Comments

• Perhaps we have already made 10 signings but the Twitter team are busy?

• @Brownie, ofc not, not all of it, but a proportionate amount Yes, as it was a bonus and not expected monies after all.

A few quid to bolster the side for real contention this campaign would be ideal, the theme of penny pinching off wages and what not, will indoubtly lead to other players leaving when a sufficient bids come in.

• We have what appears to be a fantastic team spirit. Why the hell would we want Stewart who Crewe couldn't get rid of quick enough.

• Too much has gone on for Stewart to come back even though he has the potential to be a decent player but a dickhead as well.

• on the fence with Stewart ...

• Are you humpty dumpty bluejay?

• Typical gasroom inaccuracy. There is no evidence whatsoever that Humpty Dumpty has ever sat on a fence. Walls yes, fences no. I suggest you straight away withdraw this outrageous slur, suggestive as it is that he was in some way responsible for the tragic accident that befell him.

• He was a nice lad but if we want to step up again next season, then I really do not think he would be good enough.

• Fences are covered by the Party Wall Act 1996 DevC!

• So now you are suggesting he was partying and probably drunk too? I hope you have a very good libel lawyer.

• do you live on the mooneyman..!!

• edited June 2015

Bloody hell, is anyone else a member of the WW Facebook group? I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life scrolling through 90-odd comments on one post that started as a moan about the club not releasing their communication about Murphy leaving soon enough, and then descended into a bitch fest of people sniping and arguing with each other.

I should have given up part way through but it was compelling reading as I couldn't quite believe the sheer idiocy of some of the posts. I know we've had a few minor issues on here with the odd idiot but there are some people on there whose sole purpose seems to be to abuse other members. Even Matt Cecil got abuse when taking time out from his holiday to try to explain the situation.
    Arses.

• Yup, I think it's really depressing how the club have clearly communicated that updates are going to be limited whilst the web guy is on holiday - but still people are pissed off.

I don't think people get that a club that has limited financial capacity can't afford 92 people on the media team...to be fair considering what a load of abuse the official site used to get in the better-funded Hayes era the current team does pretty well.

In between them, COTN and Vital Wycombe I would say we're pretty well served myself?

• Obviously you have no sense of humour Fidget.

• I didn't get the impression that some of the individuals on the Facebook group repeatedly slagging the club and individual members of staff off were joking.
    With the skeleton staff the club is running, holiday periods are going to mean a reduced service in some areas. Although it's not ideal that the club announced Peter's transfer to Morecambe a while before it had been announced by Morecambe, it is understandable that many staff will be taking their leave at this moment in time owing to the play-offs and Wembley final delaying the end of the season.

• @PBo said:
    Yup, I think it's really depressing how the club have clearly communicated that updates are going to be limited whilst the web guy is on holiday - but still people are pissed off.

I don't think people get that a club that has limited financial capacity can't afford 92 people on the media team...to be fair considering what a load of abuse the official site used to get in the better-funded Hayes era the current team does pretty well.

In between them, COTN and Vital Wycombe I would say we're pretty well served myself?

When people in organisations, take a holiday, one would expect someone to step up or delegate, it's 2015.

Don't worry I am not on WW Facebook and don't intend do.

• @mooneyman said:
    Obviously you have no sense of humour Fidget.

Hmmm let me guess - it's just 'banter'...

With regards the delay in the Peter Murphy announcement earlier - I don't think it's been posted on here but Matt Cecil explained that Morecambe actually broke an agreed embargo and released the news early.
    Plus, all official communications of this sort have to be signed off by Andrew Howard and he's currently overseas (on club business...).

• Funny old game. We knew about the Murphy story long before the media starting running the story. Then people complain that the club is not reporting as quickly as some are creating the news. Back in the day the first thing I knew about a new signing was when his name was read out or if I turned up late for kick-off I spent most of the first half asking 'who the fook is that?'.
    Personally I am not fussed that the club didn't release the information on a player leaving us. Matt is on a deserved holiday. Most players likewise. We all should be footballing detoxing for a bit.

• Matt works umpteen different output channels, matchday comms, events inbound channel's etc etc. Give that guy a break and get some real fucking problems.

• Aye, some people are the first to complain about the club spending the money on unnecessary admin staff; and then also complain that the ticket office / media team are under-resourced.

• Sorry I misread Fidgets post on here, I thought he was having a go at fellow posters on this site. Like Cider I have never been on Facebook and never will.

I am amazed however that Andrew Howard has to sign off every decision, particularly ones like this. Has a Deputy Chairman never been appointed authorised to act in his absence?

• No worries @mooneyman, no offence taken...!

I was a tad surprised by the Andrew Howard thing but I guess with that sort of communication you can't afford to screw it up. Maybe Matt Cecil is the usual deputy, or maybe the other relevant people were also away on business/holiday? Who knows. But I think the crucial factor was that the club had the process in place to send the communication despite those limitations, but were gazumped by Morecambe breaking the embargo (due to a website error, apparently).