Skip to content

PETER MURPHY

Comments

• edited June 2015

I think so too, Paul Cook is from the same town as Peter, Dads grew up playing football together

• I can't find any confirmation of Murphy leaving from the club, BFP or anywhere else.

• @lightanddarkblue, lol, I would hazardous a guess and say team closer to his roots up North West. Accrington Stanley (episode 2).

• Handy for the North West...

• For me I'd like him to stay, travel home and away with his family to some of the matches, but if he leaves I can see why.

He started great and better than I expected, the goals helped too, but for some reason it didn't quite workout for the second half of the season.

Whatever happens I've enjoyed this season more than most and he's played a massive part in that for me. If he stays and fights for his place then ill be made up bit if not i can also understand that.

• If he goes to Pompey then clearly the suggestion of him being home sick is wrong. Perhaps it was a Spring type situation?

• He is living a long way from home and not getting a game.

IF he goes to Portsmouth and gets a game its a different situation.

• Is it just me or does that internet link just sound like someone taking some of the speculation on here and extending it to one possible end. No quotes, no substance and to be honest no real reason to believe it at the moment for me. In the current news voice some are desperate to fill it with something.

• Murphy has gone, he is no longer a wycombe player.. News will break in next few days

• @Right_in_the_Middle, I think it's just you lol. Murphy possibility of leaving was in the air, and most could see this coming with little whispers here and there. I totally believe this development to be true.

• A shame but the right thing for both parties. For whatever reason it wasn't working out for him down here. He was a major part of us kicking on from last season so he deserves our full respect. The club have also reflected that by releasing him from his contract rather than looking to squeeze a few bob out of someone. Well done all and best wishes to Peter. Hope it works out for you - but please don't score against us!

• Good Luck Peter,
    Your headed winner at the Stade de 3 sides against the PNL, will mean you
    remain in Bucks folklore for years to come.

• To be fair, that doesn't make the rumour any more credible. It's just requoting the story in the first link - as given away by the words "HITC Sport is reporting"...

• So much misinformation. The FLW is report is just quoting another website. It also thinks he is a defender and was everpresent last season. The WWFC website squad profile thinks he is 5ft 6in tall. Wait and see.

Incidentally anybody that has tried living away from family in a small flat/bedsit for any length of time will be well aware that it is a miserable life. If he has family reasons to live in Lancashire, let him go with our blessings.

• I just hope that the above information is wrong.! Peter without any doubt is a fantastic asset to our club! Long may this continue. I can relate to Peter finding it difficult to settle down south. Having said that, I was a lot younger than he is today. Having to move out of my comfort zone was the making of me, although I hated it at the time. Hope Peter reads this.

• "Virtual ever-present" - hardly! On the bench a dozen times since the end of January and Jock's dog could have got on it some of the time. As with Matthew Spring, we may never know the whys and wherefores of the situation.

Perhaps of greater concern is the possibility that Aaron Holloway may be snapped up during the summer.

• Holloway is under contract for another year Mr Micra, or is there a get out clause if a certain fee is offered ?

• May be just me but it seems very rare these days that someone signs a new contract then immediately leaves.... So I would assume Holloway is safe for now.

• Let me make it clear as Ryan has stated above, Murphy has not actually left at the moment. The Offer is on the table for both parties to go there own ways, it might happen very quick, he might end up staying though. Wait and see. All the other stuff at the moment including these reports on the net are pure speculation.

• Shame if true, I really rated him but with Scowen gone his chance to play as an attacking midfielder diminished.

• @ChasHarps, Don't understand the get out clause part. The Player at any time can request to be put on the transfer list, which ofc could be denied or accepted. The clause is just a figure that both parties agree, would kick and commence talks about the possibility of a move if value is met.

More than likely that's why Holloway contract was sorted a day before Wembley Final, as there are reports of L1 and L2 clubs monitoring him among other rumours.

• Not a shame for me if we can get in a top quality midfielder like Nico or Sam. Murphy was great for half the season but then went missing IMO. Good luck to the bloke though.

• Rumours on the Morecambe forum that Murphy is at Morecambe now ready to sign on a free transfer.

Apparently been paid up by Wycombe.

• I very much doubt he has been paid up by Wycombe!

Why would we let him leave on a free to another club, AND pay up his contract. If it was terminated, I don't want to do a Blue_h, but I'd bet on it being a mutual termination.

• Absolutely no value in paying his contract up, it's throwing money away and does not fit into what the club are all about. Would imagine his contract was terminated so he would be free to join Morcombe.

• I agree, I think its best for both parties if it was a mutual agreement.

Sad loss though.

• I don't think Gareth stands in the way of anyone who wants to go so I would imagine the deal was a mutual/cost neutral one.

• There will be far sadder losses.