Skip to content

Ainsworth could be gone soon.

Comments

• The haka showed the gap between the players he had and the players he has. When our players did it they were already Gaz’s men, this lot were probably wondering why they were not allowed the afternoon off to go to Harvey Nic’s or having meeting with potential brand managers.

• I thought he would do that Haka session but I was surprised to see it so soon.

The success of sessions like that depend on whether the players buy into it, unfortunately for GA those players seem more likely to turn their noses up at it.

He would have been better off sussing them out first and then deploying it in the summer when he’s been able to shape the squad a bit more to his liking.

• In the photos when the players are doing the haka, they seem to be enjoying it.

The fuss of the whole thing seems to have been blown out of proportion. I'm surprised he tried it so early, and even more surprised that the QPR media team released the footage... surely they'd know how it would play out?

• edited April 2023

At AP and Marlow Rd everyone and I mean everyone from Pete C through to the guy who changes the bog rolls was on Gaz’s side. At QPR it’s like the palace of the Medicis, a nest of vipers where no one can be trusted from Les Ferdinand down to the bloke who ‘forgets’ to change the loo rolls. It’s not an environment that Gaz was used to (perhaps had forgotten his time there as caretaker!).

But let’s remember it was his choice to go, it’s Dobbo I feel for, too good a bloke (& coach) to have to face this mess.

• It was Dobbo's choice to go too.

• Yep. People going on about the haka seem to be going off the obviously trimmed clip where the players look stunned. The aftermath shows them enjoying it and buying into it.

• It’s awful watching things go wrong for GA this quickly isn’t it?

We had rocky moments in his first couple of seasons here, but even when he was fielding players that were nowhere near the standard required at least he could count on their commitment. That doesn’t seem to be the case at QPR. And the owners openly looking for his replacement is hardly going to help.

• They are as you say ‘real basket cases’ and deserve to get relegated.

• He did have to clear out a lot of bad eggs before he got to that point, from the sulkers like Morgan to that whole crowd grifting their nutritional supplement pyramid scheme.

• The odd thing for me is that it looked as if he'd go in there with his eyes wide open, I think some of us thought he'd turned down the opportunity to speak to them and others before, and the memories of his brief stints under the "4 year plan" loons would be uppermost so that he'd get assurances or have a good idea of the lay of the land before he agreed to take over.

They are in free fall but he must have thought other wins would follow his first and then any concerns about playing style would be put aside, or he'd actually get a tune out of some of their more talented players and they'd play decent football.

It's very difficult to see them giving him the funds and chance to rebuild if he finishes the season on 1 or 2 wins from nearly 20 regardless of who's fault it might be and it could all be brought to a head earlier.

Good luck to an Ajax youth coach in league one with no funds and the same infighting btw, got to be a good chance they'd last even less time.

I think Gaz would get another job fairly quickly personally but it'd probably be with a more combative, probably northern team or a lower league prospect. The only good thing about revolving doors for managers is the increased opportunity it creates.

• QPR are 0-2 after 13 minutes :(

• Both goals from set-pieces

• QPR get one back.

• They’re in the drop zone now though.

• It might have been knowing next seasons budget being cut and a conversation along the lines of “if you don’t get us up this year you’re managing on an even tighter shoestring next year. Go and you’re managing in the Championship and the compensation we get for you means we can offer your replacement a better budget to go again next year.”

IF that was how it was framed I could see Gaz almost seeing it as his duty to go in order to help Wycombe next year

• I’ve had similar thoughts but fought shy of expressing them here !

• 2-2 now

• Nobody said it was easyyyyy but Chris Martin's got the goal!

• Glad they are showing some fight! First time they have scored 2 for him.

• edited April 2023

Hanlan and De Barr are an iconic foul-conceding duo

Edit: sorry, wrong thread! Can’t figure out how to delete.

• Ref giving absolutely everything here. So annoying to watch.

• Could and should have won it in the end QPR. At least they've stopped the losing run.

• Great to see QPR battling back for a point. Well done Gareth

• Hopefully a turning point for their season and his time there.

• It's one of the few things you can credit Nottingham Forest for this season - even though I think the owner does want Cooper gone because he's mental, but at least he has the awareness to see how popular Cooper is with the Forest fans who want him to stay no matter what happens this season, and that sacking him would be a stupid idea. Meanwhile Potter was completely sold down the river by Chelsea who promised he would be there for a long term rebuild of the club from the gound up, but then had 20 new players thrust upon him, all wingers, and had to somehow turn that into a team before getting sacked. And let's not get started on Watford.

• The forest fans were always going to take Cooper's side, they've failed miserably to get up for years and he dragged them up from way down the championship, think they also blame the owner for signing too many players.

Potter is an odd case, Chelsea looked like they might pivot to promoting home grown players like they did under Lampard when they had a transfer ban but then went straight into buying everyone from everywhere in a way that it's difficult to believe potter had anything to do with. I don't think his reputation is damaged much if at all.