Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

Comments

• If only subs were a thing

• Anis has made too many poor decisions today. Got himself in great positions over and over and then….

• I actually don’t think that’s play-acting by Mehmeti - hopefully nothing serious.

• Max has once again been superb. Saved 2 or 3 clear goals

• Max is such a talented keeper.

• That's a pen earlier on surely

• Full time and that result sees Franchise propping up the table!

• edited October 2022

That was our first set-piece goal of the season. I believe Sunderland were the only other team in the EFL not to have scored one before this round of games (idk if they did today).

• Get in !! You can absolutely do one MK twats

• God I love this club we may not be the biggest but there’s something special. Happy days.

• Excellent, makes it 3 on the bounce

Franchise were poor and we need to be much more clinical in front of goal

• I have never seen a player be so egregiously fouled time and again without getting the decision as Hanlan (well, apart from Bayo).

• Great win. Exactly the sort of result we need to get back to where we want to be.

• We actually did not gain any spots, and Bolton's comeback at Accrington prevented us from being within 2 points of the playoffs. Still, heading in the right direction!

The weird thing about today is that it took us about an hour to realize how dreadful MK are. We gave them way too much respect in the first half, as if Twine et al still play for them.

• If only we could take a few more of the clear-cut chances we create.

• One of these days we will take them all and win 8-0.

• edited October 2022

By the way, we won the "worst team we have played this season" bingo on the MK forum, so break out the champagne.

Hopefully those regular season wins against us last season can keep them warm at night as they try to forget us putting the dagger in their Championship ambitions and then following it up by sending them bottom of the table.

• Is your second para true? Can I really hope that they might go down this season?

• Their manager not been sacked yet? Their only league win since August was against Poxford who aren't much higher. The "moral victory" or shots on target count from the semi being their biggest achievement on a massive budget.

• edited October 2022

The real dream is not to send them to league 2, but out of existence

That will happen in the not too distant future and it will be a time of great celebration

• A good away win, we will take that. We probably should have had at least 3 and we needed Max to be at his best near the end.

However, that is 3 on the bounce and those 3 being PNL, Not-so-Posh and the Franchise gives me great pleasure indeed.

Roll on Tuesday and I hope Anis Mehmeti is fit after his knock.

• There are some real strugglers this season, so it's hard to know. I have a bad feeling MK could be a side who turn on the afterburners at some point. Purely based on today they should struggle though - no sense of passion or urgency, though I think they make you swear an oath to that effect when you join the club.

• I think we were only so wasteful because we were looking at so much plastic. It seemed to fit the occasion.

• @Shev Morcambe and Burton seem certain to go down don’t they? There’s only only really two places up for grabs in the bottom four.

• edited October 2022

I think Burton will be alright now they've got rid of Hasselbaink. Wouldn't mind Morecambe going down under Derek... Cheltenham were always likely to be up against it after Duff left - similarly Forest Green post-Edwards. I do fear for Accrington slightly this season: they don't seem as resilient as normal.

• Excellent result and 3 points. Certainly need to be more clinical in front of goal. MK were so poor but only winning 1-0 , we could have dropped points. More winnable games coming up which will push us closer to the play off positions.

• 3CR giving a very balanced view of the game today - 95% MK Dons coverage so far. Sounds like Luke Ashmead may be an MK fan