Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

Comments

• edited October 2022

Not sure why they chose the bottle opener logo. Maybe they had been drinking when they dreamed up the whole idea. Still don't go there but wonder if those that do will be split in half for sporting advantage. Hope we have too much for them on the pitch today but never let them forget the rest of it.

• I have a horrible feeling their 'keeper is going to have the game of his life after his absolute horror show last week.

• Their badge is pointing them in the direction of where their club is heading - down the pyramid.

• If you turn it on its side, it looks like a K and a pointy C, and the circle could be the sun. Give it up for their design team.

• Presumably the MMIV on the badge stands for Much Misery Inflicted Viciously

• I’ve a really good feeling about today. The new, more cultured midfield is starting to improve the style of performances and Freeman in particular looks such a threat in and around the penalty area.

• Have always refused to go there, but must admit I’m going today. Just once, so I can ‘tick it off’ (yeah, I know…) and then never again. Hope they go the same way as Wasps one day.

• edited October 2022

I actually live in Winslow so MK is a quicker trip for me than AP. I’m also a member at the fitness first opposite the stadium so I’ve finally achieved my dream of going to the gym at 1pm to secure free parking, and then wandering across to the ground.

Suffice to say I had a few glances wearing my WWFC top in the gym.

• edited October 2022

Side note - I can understand kids under the age of 18 supporting MK, but I refuse to believe there’s anything more depressing than seeing a 60+ year old gentleman in an MK Dons hat

• I’m confident today. About time we gave this lot a battering and with Brandon H back I can see a decisive 3rd on 80 minutes. COYB

• No matter what happens today, we'll always have blocked this lot from the second tier, and that is a service to football.

• MK dusting off those videos on the big screen of their famous wins against us in recent years. Forget the two playoff games from last season (which are curiously missing from the big screen footage), those were simply PRIMETIME wins against us, at a time when the stakes couldn’t be higher. Say what you like about MK, but they bring their A game when it matters.

• Who’s Colin? Where’s Phil?

• Damn. Wonder if we’ll ever hear him again.

• He’s recovered.

• New bloke sounds remarkably similar.

• Sprinklers on ! Does even the rain avoid their stadium?

• Are there traffic issues? Looks empty, unlike them 😂

• Perhaps there's a concert on next week

• I'm watching in 'Spain'. The streaming video option says Peterborough, with the last week's date. Anyone else?

• Interesting to see Mehmeti on the right versus Lewington.

• When I go "the match centre" on the website the page is still showing the 1-0 result against PNL, but the view live option does take me to the correct match feed

• What a horrible lack of advantage played.

• Why didn’t Obita get up there?! No need to be rolling around when GMAC is through

• I am going to go out on a limb and say Wing will score today.

• I bought that by mistake apparently, have rebought, hoping for a refund, silly that it's an option

• edited October 2022

Why wasn't Lewington booked for that blatant & outrageous shirt pull on Vokes?