Skip to content

Matt Bloomfield

1234568»

Comments

• I think he was rejected by a chunk of their fan base. I suspect there were a few who hastily deleted Tweets a few weeks into his tenure.

• What a great job he is doing there. Good luck Matt.

• Hopefully this success gets him out of there quicker.

• He’s a calm, measured, intelligent and nice guy. There would have been some in the dressing room who didn’t get that and therefore he’s been recruiting players that hopefully do. I can’t think for a minute that he walked in the door and shouted ‘right you caaaaants’. A long career ahead I hope.

• Been interesting reading through some of the posts on here. Bought back some memories of the absolute headcases that we saw amongst their support back in the day. I started watching 1991 and the really intense rivalry lasted for a decade or so. Nowadays, it's a bit calmer, aside from the misbehaving chav who wasn't even born when the rivalry started. Can't say I really 'hate' Col U anymore - in fact I don't really 'hate' any team with the intensity that I felt for Col U back in the day.

Milton Keynes are beneath contempt and don't even deserve the dignity of a rivalry - at least Colchester are a proper club.

In short, well done Blooms, glad to see him doing so well.

• I wouldn't mind betting that he is mirroring what GA did in his early tenure at WWFC. Probably got a tiny amount of money, but that's about the only difference. Pretty sure Bloomers will be nurturing a culture of togetherness & camaraderie that will make it a pleasure for the players to "go to work" and very difficult to beat with a "pack" mentality. Jon Akinde & Frank Nouble could be likened to Bayo, (as players, not characters as Bayo is unique), pretty sure that he will be looking or already has to appoint his generals as well. Personally I wish him well but would prefer he has most of his success elsewhere!

• First Colchester manager to ever win five away games in a row in the league, per their forum.

• He has now pulled them 10 points clear of the drop zone. What an achievement in such a short period of time.

• The funniest comment I saw was "there is no loyalty in football any more." About a man going to a club he spent two loyal decades at!