Skip to content

Nathan Bishop set to sign

1323334353638»

Comments

• I've had a soft spot for Pattison since he played for us. It's great to see him doing well.

• Bolton looked excellent in the two lots of twenty minutes I saw him play before going off injured.

Pattison suffered as many midfielders at Wycombe do...from being one of the ten available at any one time.

• Pattison was playing superbly at Dean Court in December 2020 when a rash tackle midway through the second half meant a three game suspension and I don’t think he played many games subsequently. He clearly had potential and is doing very well as an attacking midfielder at Harrogate. Still only 24.

• Who needs him anyway?

• I think you're mis-remembering the first bit - not sure he was playing superbly at any point in the championship.

He's excelling at league 2 level, but there's big steps up the pyramid.

• Good luck to the lad and I sincerely hope he gets himself away from the mess that is Man U.

• I recall that you had high hopes for him after his first game @Malone. You must have recognised some sort of potential. Doing as well as he is in League 2, scoring 11 goals from midfield last season and making plenty of assists, suggests that, at 24, he could make the next step up. Someone also mentioned that he is now skipper, I think.

Not suggesting that we’re likely to be renewing interest - we’re already overflowing with talented midfield players ! - but I like to see ex players doing well. Talking of which, isn’t Anthony Stewart doing well at Aberdeen.

• Forgot to mention that Pattison was very much involved in that tremendous performance against Bournemouth on 15 December 2020 when Begovic was very clearly their man of the match but they scraped a late winner (Junior Stanislas) whilst we were down to ten men. That win took Bournemouth to top place in the Championship. Another example of a questionable decision proving to be a factor in our narrowly failing to avoid relegation.

• That first game had the context of being against a Bolton team that was in effect a youth team, with their money problems wrecking their first month of games.

He should have had a hattrick but ended up without even one goal.

Unfortunately for me, that was his peak with us, although I think there were one or 2 other games he was good in which I didn't see.

He could well be one of those that show a burst of improvement though, so you could be right.

Someone posted a list of signings we made one summer, suggesting they were all poor.

Lee Angol one was one of them, who could well be the sort of example you're suggesting Pattison could become.

I.e. Released by us as deemed not up to the level, then comes back strongly with someone else.

• That was one of the few unquestionable decisions! Mind you, my overriding memory of that game is the two Bournemouth players scrapping with each other,

• I agree @Malone. A lot of our signings have been deemed no good to someone else and kicked on.

Thompson being the one that jumps to mind. Free transfer. Before his injury was easily one of our top 3 performers.

Mehmeti wasn't good enough for Norwich but now he would surely be knocking on their first team door.

Scowen was not good enough for Sunderland.

Mawson not good enough for anyone apparently.

Anthony Stewart wasn't even good enough for Crewe at the time.

It's a funny old game,

• That Bournemouth game was the only away game we played in front of fans wasn't it?

• That’s right. 2,000 ultimately very relieved fans.

• As it happens I saw Pattison play yesterday for Harrogate away at Barrow. He was indeed playing in an advanced position, although in a completely toothless performance from Harrogate. He was far from their worst player, but he didn't really stand out.

I appreciate that this was just one game, but it seemed to me that League Two probably was the right level for him.

• What did you make of Barrow? I must admit I am a big fan of Pete Wild.

• Dubravka leaving Newcastle for United. Pushes Bishop further down. Feel sorry for the lad. I bet his head was already in south bucks. Now he’s bench warming the reserves in Manchester or maybe now shipped out to … well wherever it is it won’t be as good as AP

• Disgraceful behaviour from such a 'big team' I hope he remembers us.

• Nick Freeman