Skip to content

Match day thread: Portsmouth

BSEBSE
edited March 2022 in Football

Comments

• Unfortunately I have Covid so will have to watch from Vipienne. It means I have a spare adult ticket for the game if anyone wants it. You’ll need to collect from Burnham. Message me directly if interested

• Their badge looks like a rejected toothpaste logo.

• Sorry to hear that @Glenactico. Hope symptoms are relatively mild and you make a quick recovery. Is dad going?
    With the wretched virus rampant again I fear we may soon be missing more than just Obita. Sincerely hope I’m wrong. >

@Glenactico said:

Unfortunately I have Covid so will have to watch from Vipienne. It means I have a spare adult ticket for the game if anyone wants it. You’ll need to collect from Burnham. Message me directly if interested

I’ll be joining you later in Vipienne.

• The strength of the easterly wind (gusting to near gale force) is a slight worry (but should encourage playing the ball on the deck rather than into to the riggings).

I hope fans are not deceived by the brilliant cloudless weather into thinking it’s a day for shorts and T-shirts. It definitely isn’t!

• I saw someone out in shorts and a leather jacket yesterday

• People like that make me feel cold - even with my six layers!

• Not sure that’s the right spelling - not a word I can recall writing before! Sounds like hens.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I saw someone out in shorts and a leather jacket yesterday

Probably Gaz taking training

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Their badge looks like a rejected toothpaste logo.

Amazing observation @Lloyd2084 ?

• Got it in one @username123 !

• @micra said:
    Sorry to hear that @Glenactico. Hope symptoms are relatively mild and you make a quick recovery. Is dad going?
    With the wretched virus rampant again I fear we may soon be missing more than just Obita. Sincerely hope I’m wrong. >

@Glenactico said:

Unfortunately I have Covid so will have to watch from Vipienne. It means I have a spare adult ticket for the game if anyone wants it. You’ll need to collect from Burnham. Message me directly if interested

I’ll be joining you later in Vipienne.

Nothing too serious thankfully. Just sniffles and a headache.

Uncle and Cousin will be there cheering on the team in our absence.

• Hi. Also got Covid so not going today. Figured out how to get to Vipienne. When going to pay for my pass, and the field self populates saying I'm from Afganistan, is my payment going to go through?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Hi. Also got Covid so not going today. Figured out how to get to Vipienne. When going to pay for my pass, and the field self populates saying I'm from Afganistan, is my payment going to go through?

I always use PayPal and never had any trouble with that approach.

• You can use your actual address when making the payment, doesn't affect anything

• Sorted. Thanks guys. Downloaded Opera for mac. Seems to do the trick.

• Get the magic firestick.... I've got every single game in the world available

• COME ON WYCOMBE!

• Out of our remaining fixtures...if we were to lose any, this is the one I saw as most likely. Of course if we turn up like I know we can, would love nothing more than to come away with 3 points.

For me...I think Hanlan has to start today. In place of either GMac or Anis.

Come on Wycombe!

• As a fully paid up Anis fan (I think we’re known as Fannies) I wouldn’t want anything bar Covid to exclude him from the starting lineup.

• edited March 2022

Nothing to fault with the current attacking set-up. Only change I'd make to the side overall is Obita in for JJ if available.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Out of our remaining fixtures...if we were to lose any, this is the one I saw as most likely. Of course if we turn up like I know we can, would love nothing more than to come away with 3 points.

For me...I think Hanlan has to start today. In place of either GMac or Anis.

Come on Wycombe!

Spooky, I was having exactly the same thoughts! I think Hanlan’s pace on the counter attack could be a bonus in a game in which we are likely to have to do a lot of defending.

• Unchanged

• Talk of sold out reduced capacity, are they finally tidying up the old place or is it starting to fall apart?

• They're renovating the bottom tier on the side opposite the dugouts, which had taken a chunk of seats out of action

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    They're renovating the bottom tier on the side opposite the dugouts, which had taken a chunk of seats out of action

Good to see, had become a real pit up close and if they finally have some backing it needs doing.

• The main stand has some of the nicest toilets I've ever been in at a football ground, but I guess it is the 'posh' part

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    The main stand has some of the nicest toilets I've ever been in at a football ground, but I guess it is the 'posh' part

At the famous rained off Wycombe game a few years ago quite a few people had to take shelter in the toilets in the away end as the walkways are all uncovered, a Pompey fan in the pub after was telling an amusing story of Ancellotti absolutely loosing it when seeing the facilities when he turned up with Milan in their brief heyday.

• Help! Gone back into wanderers TV and I can't access the game that I've bought. It's asked me to pay again!

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Help! Gone back into wanderers TV and I can't access the game that I've bought. It's asked me to pay again!

Log out, Clear cache, connect VPN, login with whatever account you paid. Watch.

• COME ON WYCOMBE!