Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• Nick Freeman

• Rotherham are so good defensively. Any goal we could score today would be worth it's weight in gold.

• Loving our varied corner routines so far - best chance of any success from them v this lot. Second one would have been better if it was pulled back to Wing, mind you!

• Pull backs to Wing de rigeur.

• @Shev said:
    Rotherham are so good defensively. Any goal we could score today would be worth it's weight in gold.

Would be nice to pass and test it though

• @prufrock_91 said:

@Shev said:
    Rotherham are so good defensively. Any goal we could score today would be worth it's weight in gold.

Would be nice to pass and test it though

We’ve played some great stuff when we’ve had the ball down there!

• Their defenders clearly want Vokes' shirt as they are almost inside it now

• The state of that decision against GMac. Utterly ABJECT officiating in general today.

• That was terrible against Vokes too.

• They are an incredibly physical side and our front players are getting nothing out of the ref despite the buffeting they are getting

• This ref and the linesman on the FA side are just completely incompetent. No other words.

How can you train to do something and still be completely clueless? Unreal.

• ‘Tis just as we thought it would be. Can only hope they tire later in the game as a result of their recent exertions.

• They’ve got eleven players who make Taff look small. It’s easy to see why they get promoted from L1 and then relegated from the Championship every other season.

• I’d like to see Hanlan on fairly early in the second half. Who looks sacrificeable?

• I know @eric_plant won't like me saying it but this ref is awful! Better second half please.

• @micra said:
    I’d like to see Hanlan on fairly early in the second half. Who looks sacrificeable?

*sacrificial?

• Rotherham are as physical and direct as people want you to believe we are. We’ve moved it well going forward. 45 minutes closer to a good point.

• The officiating has been pretty dreadful (for both teams tbh)

• @micra said:
    I’d like to see Hanlan on fairly early in the second half. Who looks sacrificeable?

Any of Mehmeti, Horgan and GMaC for me, not their fault but just not really able to have any impact on the game.

Mind you, I don’t know if bringing on Hanlan makes any difference in this game. Vokes is just getting smashed in the air every time, so there’s been very little for the players around him to work with.

Might actually be a game for Bayo, as he might be able to keep a few of the defenders occupied to free up space for Vokes.

• Improved to the end. What is Horgan doing?

• @Jonny said:
    This ref and the linesman on the FA side are just completely incompetent. No other words.

How can you train to do something and still be completely clueless? Unreal.

The lino this side has ignored two what looked like blatant foul throw ins as well!

• Not a bad game of tennis. Love all seems fair.

• I did not hear the sex offender chant. Need ears syringing obviously.

• Controversial view as I love him and think he’s been great in recent weeks, but that’s 3 decent chances for Vokes in the first half. Would have expected one of them to have been taken.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I did not hear the sex offender chant. Need ears syringing obviously.

Three times so far, inevitable now but no less grim

• Quite enjoyed the pause in play when GMac explained how fouls work to the referee, he's been noticeably better since.
    Bit of patience required, started well against an obviously decent and physical side. JJ might need some help down the left but not bad mostly.

• @Jonny said:
    Controversial view as I love him and think he’s been great in recent weeks, but that’s 3 decent chances for Vokes in the first half. Would have expected one of them to have been taken.

Three shots, none of them could be described as ‘decent chances.’

• I've never seen a team as quick to loose balls as these

• Sound gone on WamderersTV audio.

• I’m sorry, that was a penalty.