Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe Alexandra

Comments

• Exquisite finish from Vokes there

• Dannie Bulman wannabe

• Claimed it like a true centre forward.

• My word Crewe are shit

• Crewe are sh1t. Could be a hatful, hope we decide to go for it

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    My word Crewe are shit

We need three or four more goals before we say that.

• They looked at least competent at our place, no sign of that today

• Calling it now: Vokes will finish the season on 20+ goals

• Cheeky goal from Vokes there.

• Yet we'll still have fans who don't rate him. Their loss!

• @Shev said:
    Cheeky goal from Vokes there.

He had to have a crack

• Need to be a bit more selfish going forward.

• We should be many goals up. Been training stuff. Would be annoying for it 1-0

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Yet we'll still have fans who don't rate him. Their loss!

Much maligned McCarthy with an assist as well according to BBC.

• I am a little concerned we will let our guard down because of how crap Crewe have bern.

• I could watch us play like this every week

• @Shev said:
    I am a little concerned we will let our guard down because of how crap Crewe have bern.

This is exactly what’s going to happen.

• Anis has come on leaps and bounds on the defensive side of the game - I'm no longer worried about him making a careless error when winning possession in his own half or harrying oppo players.

• This ref is not having bud best game.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:
    Cheeky goal from Vokes there.

He had to have a crack

Thought he had a right cheek to claim it tbh.

• We’re clearly well on top and it sounds like we could be at least two up. Hate to sound any kind of negative note when we’re playing so well but I get frustrated hearing so many times that one of our attacking players has fouled a defender rather than the other way round. It’s happened quite a lot in recent games. Our foul count is consistently well ahead of the oppositions’.

• Anyone know why Crewe's manager isn't on the touchline? That's definitely not David Artell.

• Time and again the Crewe player initiates contact, loses the ball, falls over and wins a free kick.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Yet we'll still have fans who don't rate him. Their loss!

Much maligned McCarthy with an assist as well according to BBC.

• Tafazolli and Stewart are imperious

• @floyd said:
    Time and again the Crewe player initiates contact, loses the ball, falls over and wins a free kick.

Be careful that's frighteningly close to a post on every opposition forum after a game with us! ?

• @floyd said:
    Time and again the Crewe player initiates contact, loses the ball, falls over and wins a free kick.

True, they are absolute divers.

• @Wendoverman said:

@floyd said:

Be careful that's frighteningly close to a post on every opposition forum after a game with us! ?

Yeh but when we do it it’s brave and sensible refereeing.

• Maybe they just like lying in the sand?

• Excellent first half, still trying our best to play good football on the deck despite a very challenging pitch. We need to kill the game off if we can early in the second half, hopefully we continue the positive approach as Crewe’s defence looks particularly weak.