Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe Alexandra

Comments

• The border/background looks like a Word speech bubble

• What is the go to Crewe away pub?

• Good match at Beaconsfield today for those unable to get to Crewe. They have Farnborough at home.

• Unchanged! Let’s keep the ball down and boost our goal difference with a convincing win please.

• Young makes his first appearance in the league match day squad.

• Kaikai injured in training?

• @Gary said:
    Young makes his first appearance in the league match day squad.

Had to double check who he actually was!

• edited March 2022

JJ not making the squad a couple of games in a row, and only got on the bench in one of the midweekers recently die to the Tafa warm up injury.

He's out of contract in the summer isn't he? Hope it's not the beginning of the end for him just yet, has another season in him, especially if we're league 1.

• I'm more than happy with an unchanged lineup after the other night, but you have to feel a bit for Kaikai. Finally got in the team and was doing well, now out again and assume has a niggle as not even on the bench.

• Just been sent a pic of a guy at Crewe dressed in full Spider-man outfit wearing a Wycombe hat. If we find ourselves in need of a hero today...

• @Malone said:
    JJ not making the squad a couple of games in a row, and only got on the bench in one of the midweekers recently die to the Tafa warm up injury.

He's out of contract in the summer isn't he? Hope it's not the beginning of the end for him just yet, has another season in him, especially if we're league 1.

I don't think he'd be a regular, though, not in a back 4 anyway. I think he'll be off (sorry for spreading scurrilous rumours again).

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

I don't think he'd be a regular, though, not in a back 4 anyway. I think he'll be off (sorry for spreading scurrilous rumours again).

Might be happy to stay as a bit parter next season before retirement.
    Not sure if I could see him moving elsewhere for a year or 2. We know he's trained up ready for a career in finance.

• I think if he wants to carry on JJ will stay and so he should. Still a useful player to have at the club. Pleased with the line-up and hopefully we'll get the same result. Good luck to all travellers and those watching from abroad.

• Seems like a change in style to ball on the ground, like happened about this time last year? Horgan and MacCleary, along with Mehmeti to add guile in midfield?

• In a back three perhaps. Have a feeling that Obita will replace JJ next season as he can play in both positions - left back or left wingback - and possibly (but less likely) on the left of a back three. We’ll need a replacement of course and, if what little of Connor Parsons I’ve seen is anything to go by, he could be that man.

• Im still hoping Wakeley will come good as well!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think if he wants to carry on JJ will stay and so he should. Still a useful player to have at the club. Pleased with the line-up and hopefully we'll get the same result. Good luck to all travellers and those watching from abroad.

Thanks @Wendoverman, we're in Majorca for a week but I've got the live video match set up on the laptop. COYB!

• Feel for JJ but when it’s time it’s time. When a played ‘legs go’ it can be sudden, remember Hayes towards the end.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Im still hoping Wakeley will come good as well!

Wakely Wakely, rise and shine

• @micra said:
    In a back three perhaps. Have a feeling that Obita will replace JJ next season as he can play in both positions - left back or left wingback - and possibly (but less likely) on the left of a back three. We’ll need a replacement of course and, if what little of Connor Parsons I’ve seen is anything to go by, he could be that man.

N> @micra said:

In a back three perhaps. Have a feeling that Obita will replace JJ next season as he can play in both positions - left back or left wingback - and possibly (but less likely) on the left of a back three. We’ll need a replacement of course and, if what little of Connor Parsons I’ve seen is anything to go by, he could be that man.

Obita has played pretty much every game, so not sure he's "replaced" JJ.

It's the tactical change that will pretty much replace JJ as there's an extra mid in there.

To be honest, the only positive of that 3 at the back was getting JJ's attributes in without being exposed at left back. Right wing back certainly wasn't anywhere near as strong as Obita's side. So it was definitely time to go back 4.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Feel for JJ but when it’s time it’s time. When a played ‘legs go’ it can be sudden, remember Hayes towards the end.

It was only about 2 weeks ago people were saying JJ had played a great game, so I don't think it's the Hayes effect!

It's more a tactical thing.

• I heard he'd been seen enjoying a bottomless Prosecco brunch in a notorious Marlow bistro on matchday and then slurring denied being tipsy.

• Crewe's pitch is an absolute disgrace

• Is anyone's else's stream randomly jumping a couple of seconds ahead every so often?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Is anyone's else's stream randomly jumping a couple of seconds ahead every so often?

Mine was when I was casting it, it’s fine just on a laptop.

• Think how good our pitch was when we didn't have a pot to piss in (award-winning, in fact). Fuck knows what the Crewe ground staff have (not) been doing to theirs.

• Anthony Stewart tho…

• What the heck happened there! Vokes and JMac will have to sort that out!

• Bizarre goal off Vokes arse there