Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• 3CR playing The Day We Caught the Train while there's a Tube strike. Gotta rate that.

• edited March 2022

@glasshalffull said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    PLEASE no more fireworks. Can we just get a clown or something next time?

Plenty of them on the Facebook page.

I imagine there's plenty of both on there on an average matchday!

• Massive credit to the management and players for that first half. Absolutely brilliant, lovely football, positive intent. Fantastic so far!

• Well tonight should calm a few of those numpties writing those big declarations of what was so wrong and how it was the end of the line etc :)

• The music has changed too?

• Really impressive so far, Wing and Scowen really complimenting each other nicely, and some magic from Anis.

Vokes proving as well that he’s a great target man to feet as well, not just to head.

Looking at the line up I had an inkling we might play it on the deck more, and been really entertaining to see it.

Here’s hoping for a good second half.

• Had to put sound on mute.

• It's only half time...

• Where’s the definitive ex players thread gone? Pattison has scored again

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    3CR playing The Day We Caught the Train while there's a Tube strike. Gotta rate that.

Could have followed it up with the Jam double of “down at the tube station at midnight” and “Going underground”

• Oxford are 3-1 down now and Burton have just equalised against Wednesday. A Burton win would be great.

• We need fireworks every week

• I hope Ainsworth has learnt something - you don't win football matches playing a single proper centre back in League One

• @Cambridge_Blue said:
    I hope Ainsworth has learnt something - you don't win football matches playing a single proper centre back in League One

Only if you think for a minute he'd rather play without his best players all being equal

• Gonna finish 2-1 isn't it

• edited March 2022

I'll defend our time-wasting 99% of the time, but this is taking the piss and it's embarrassing

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'll defend our time-wasting 99% of the time, but this is taking the piss and it's embarrassing

Is it? No different to what others do when beating us.

• It is. And this half we’re disappointing.

• @arnos_grove said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Is it? No different to what others do when beating us.

Do they do it at 2-0 up when well on top? Not usually.

• Horgan has been fantastic tonight.

• Great counter attack but its a shame it fell to Wing who hasn't got his scoring boots on

• @Gary said:
    Horgan has been fantastic tonight.

Only the other week that he was "stealing a living"

• I must be in a strangely good mood tonight. Clearly misread the room.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Given our recent form and If it helps us keep a clean sheet tonight, I’ll take it if I am honest.

• I'd rather see us back ourselves to score more goals when well on top against inferior oppo

• What do you think @Wanderers82?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'd rather see us back ourselves to score more goals when well on top against inferior oppo

So would I. But baby steps.

• 2-0 is also just a really awkward scoreline to look at - 3-0 much nicer!

• The picture has got worse - IMG have clearly sent the crap cameras since we opted to build our own TV offering going forward

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    2-0 is also just a really awkward scoreline to look at - 3-0 much nicer!

The next goal will be vital.

Another one of those stupid football phrases.