Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• Letters NT on the other side of the ball?

• If Northampton used a similar logo…

• ……and the two clubs amalgamated……

• Mornington Crescent.

• @micra said:
    ……and the two clubs amalgamated……

Wouldn't that just be Cambhampton Tonited?

• Nick Freeman

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Letters NT on the other side of the ball?

Bit harsh. Oxford graduate I assume.

• What’s that on the top? Makes the whole thing look a bit like a watch or a big signet ring.

• edited March 2022

@Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Letters NT on the other side of the ball?

Bit harsh. Oxford graduate I assume.

If I was an Oxford graduate, you'd have heard me not-so-subtly mention it on a daily basis

• @Forest_Blue said:
    What’s that on the top? Makes the whole thing look a bit like a watch or a big signet ring.

Looks like Lego or a factory roof

• Dreaming spires…badly rendered?

• Looks like something the factory YTS lad knocked up on MS Paint for the works team

• Missing my first home league game since November 2016 (with the exception of last season, obvs) - so expect us to record our biggest-ever EFL win.

• I’m feeling unusually optimistic for tonight’s game. Hoping for a back four?COYB

• I don't feel shroverly optimistic that we'll keep a clean sheet. I just hope we don't get battered.

• Could have added “I cod you not” @YorkExile.

• I'd take a punt on a win over Cambridge.

• Gaz has said before now that he feels we will give a team a pasting this season, albeit not those exact words. Tonight could be the night!

• My roulette forecast, don't think I've ever got this right.

Stocko
    Grimmer
    Stewart
    Taf
    Obita
    Gape
    Scowen
    Wheeler
    McCleary
    Vokes
    Kaikai

• Lucky dip stuff. One in midfield ?

• Looks like a switch back to the good old 4-3-3

• Ideally 451 with McCleary and Horgan on the wings...

• If we want to be extremely negative then yes

• Did I miss Gape getting injured on Saturday?

• Looks like a 4231? JMac/ Taff/ Stewart/ Obita/ Scowen/ Wing/ McCleary/ Horgan/ Mehmeti/ Vokes?

Although against Wigan we started with something of a 442 diamond, so maybe Gaz is giving that another crack.

• edited March 2022

It'll be fluid but roughly 4-2-3-1 (but effectively 4-1-4-1 as Wing isn't that defensively-minded - would rather Wheels over him in the circumstances)

• Looks solid enough from what we have, hope Gape isn't too badly chopped, there's 5 midfielders in there and they're going to have to put a shift in.
    You don't get to claim to be an attacking midfielder and wait for strikes at goal or not get involved at this point. Keep the passing (long or short) accurate and we should have enough to win tonight.

• Quite pleased to see Horgan and McCleary starting together. They worked very well together earlier in the season. I always think Horgan helps bring out the best in McCleary.

Let's hope for a win. COYB!