Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• Wycombe don't do accurate passing

• Kaikai unlucky to miss out, might just be rested as he hasn’t played much football until recently.

I expect it to be 4-2-3-1. My only concern is losing pace up front with neither Hanlan or Kaikai running onto Vokes’ flick ons. So maybe we’ll see more play on the ground.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wycombe don't do accurate passing

Really? Two great passes for two goals at Accrington for starters.

• Yes 4 at the back. Looks like we are back to the diamond. Would like to see Mehmeti playing off Vokes up top

• Looking very sparse. Is everyone abroad?

• Gape is actually made out of Rizla

• I think McCleary and Mehmeti link up well too (master and pupil)

• @ReturnToSenda said:

They don't do it often enough wether to feet or "in to an area". That needs to change regardless of style. I'm hopeful it will tonight.

• Fireworks have arrived. For once I am happy to be warmed up by pyrotechnics!

• @StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

They don't do it often enough wether to feet or "in to an area". That needs to change regardless of style. I'm hopeful it will tonight.

It does. We've strung together NINE 10+ pass moves all season. I'm not expecting us to play like City, but the fact that's by far the fewest in the top four divisions rather sums up how brutalist our football is.

• It does feel a bit of a flung together starting 11. Really hard to see it gelling. Could easily see us 2 down after 20 minutes and chasing the game.

But. It’s not exactly boring (cue 0-0)

• It's going to be a long evening

• I'm confused...apart from McCarthy and Wing aren't these all of the players everyone wants to see in the the side?

• Never underestimate the power of the gasroom.

Last week? ‘Why are the songs the same every week?!’

This week, new playlist

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

It does. We've strung together NINE 10+ pass moves all season. I'm not expecting us to play like City, but the fact that's by far the fewest in the top four divisions rather sums up how brutalist our football is.

Any stat on 5 passes? I'm not even bothered if it's lower than everyone else but it's a measure of competence

• edited March 2022

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Any stat on 5 passes? I'm not even bothered if it's lower than everyone else but it's a measure of competence

Not to hand, but this is always worth a look

• Come on Wycombe!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I'm confused...apart from McCarthy and Wing aren't these all of the players everyone wants to see in the the side?

Not that fussed about Horgan tbh, especially given Kaikai's recent form

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

So does the fact we have top 5 xg for and the lowest xg against mean we are unlucky (or bad at shooting / goalkeeping) not to be higher in the league?

• Sadly not able to be there for the second game running. However I would have selected the same as Gareth. CHAIRBOYS! followed by..... Get behind the team please those of you are lucky enough to be there.

• Can we watch this on Wandererstv?

• Sometimes not playing does wonders for your reputation. It's a decent eleven though. Thanks @ReturnToSenda , a quick glance suggests that's a decent guide to style

• @Chris said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

So does the fact we have top 5 xg for and the lowest xg against mean we are unlucky (or bad at shooting / goalkeeping) not to be higher in the league?

Which bit are you looking at? We rank quite high on xGA (except from set-pieces)

• COYB

• Just had syrup on my first pancake, here's hoping for a golden performance...

• Aaand we've pyro'd our own pitch

• No pyro no party

• PLEASE no more fireworks. Can we just get a clown or something next time?

• Love the fireworks

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    PLEASE no more fireworks. Can we just get a clown or something next time?

And I don't mean Trevor Kettle