Skip to content

Match day thread: Cheltenham

Comments

• Couldn't care less about the entertainment value. Something has to be said about why Stewart isn't starting after throwing away a two goal lead - TWICE!!

• Saving the first team for Tuesday?

• Wind a factor (7/10 goals at the away end) but goals 1 and 3 particularly avoidable

• As exciting as that was, that's a truly terrible result. Throwing away 3-1 and 5-3 leads, extending our winless streak to 5, losing ground against our playoff rivals after a run of games against relatively tamer opposition.

• What a game that was

• bye bye playoffs ...diabolical performance,GA needs to take responsibility...should of taken JJ off earlier

• That fourth goal for May, we just seemed to stand and watch while he had all the time in the world

• This feels like a loss.

It’s bad enough giving up a two goal lead once…
    Thought May would score his 5th goal

• Three quick thoughts

I’d expected 9 points from the Shrewsbury-Lincoln-Cheltenham run. Five would have been fine, only getting three is very disappointing.

Why wasn’t Stewart put on the moment we went 5-3 up? That’s the question that needs to be asked.

No one who ships five goals at home to cheltenham can be considered serious promotion contenders.

• Embarrassing. Leading by two goals. Twice. At home.

We finally get the mythical five goals, and don't even win.

• GA has questions to answer, which he won't because he won't get asked them

• To score 5 , and only draw is poor. 3 points out of 15 is worrying form at this stage of the season. Have we overhyped Forino? Still only a young player. Good help us against Wigan if we defend like that.

• Stewart has a knock. Blimey.

• What’s happened to Taffazolli?

• 5-4 up and we bring an attacker on for a defender ! Finished the match with 2 defender's on the on the pitch

• @drcongo said:
    Stewart has a knock. Blimey.

If he isn't fit then why the hell is he on the bench??? What use is that?

• 1-0 and 2-1 up against Morecambe
    Dominated Shrewsbury
    Dominated Lincoln
    3-1 and 5-3 up against Cheltenham

3 points from those games.

• Stewart will be back Tuesday if he had a knock fine but would expect he was expecting to win today and bring him back for Tuesday . Ainsworth seems to have lost it recently no idea what he is up to in relation to tactics.

• I’d have been happy to see an injured Stewart come on for Stockdale. Just watched the highlights and he looks like he’s never played in goal before.

• It’s great to score five goals at home but our lack of defensive cover has been obvious all season.

To not strengthen our defence in January was a gamble that is looking like it might cost us dearly in the last three months of the season.

The defending today was awful, yet we leave one of the best CB’s in League One on the bench.

Leading 5-4 we take off a defender and replace him with an attacker. Surely we should have brought Stewart on for one of the two defenders on a yellow card.

We play like this on Tuesday and we will get

• Can't remember the last time I was as angry about a result as I am right now

• To be fair to Forino he made a mistake for the first goal, but didnt disappear into his shell and played ok after that, especially given JJ had a bit of a mare and Grimmer was average at best; plus Stocko had a bit of a curates egg of a game. Obita played well both defensively & particularly going forward but we also learnt that neither GMac or Wheels are wing backs no matter how hard they try.

Yes we need Stewart back and am guessing that he isnt fully fit after either a knock or illness and that is why he only made the bench, hopefully we will see him on Tuesday.

In the second half we looked light at defensive midfield with just Thompson in there and was a little surprised that Wing wasn't introduced earlier to bolster that department.

• @Erroll_Sims Stocko had a bit of a what now?!

• GA is stubborn...that's going to stop us making the play offs

• Absolutely criminal to be leading by 2 goals at home twice in one game and throw it away so needlessly. Some of the worst defending and game management I've seen at AP for years. 3 points out of the last possible 15 with Wigan to come on Tuesday. Are we allowed to say that we are on a horrific run of form yet without getting in trouble on here?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Erroll_Sims Stocko had a bit of a what now?!

A Curates egg is partly good and partly bad.

• Oh come on @ReturnToSenda you surely know what a curates egg is?

• I seriously don't understand the whole "Stewart isn't 100% fit so he's on the bench". If he can't do his job, why is he there at all??? Surely this comes back to when we ALL said "WE NEED A CENTRE BACK IN JANUARY".

Where is Taff? Why don't the club tell us what's going on??

So angry with that.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    I seriously don't understand the whole "Stewart isn't 100% fit so he's on the bench". If he can't do his job, why is he there at all??? Surely this comes back to when we ALL said "WE NEED A CENTRE BACK IN JANUARY".

Where is Taff? Why don't the club tell us what's going on??

So angry with that.

they never do , just treat the fans as mugs

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Oh come on @ReturnToSenda you surely know what a curates egg is?

Nope, never heard it in my life