Skip to content

Match day thread: Shrewsbury

Comments

• The six teams below us are all winning

• On the deck at last

• Bringing a pillow next time

• edited February 2022

• Can we please issue a life ban to the kid in the family stand shouting SIUUU intermittently throughout the game

• Sunderland and Oxford losing too. Ergh.

• One. Of. Those. Nights.

• edited February 2022

Also, when is a ref going to have the balls to send a keeper off for time-wasting?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    One. Of. Those. Nights.

Three. Of. Those. Days. In a row

• very disappointing

• Our drop in performance quality since mid January is staggering

• We can’t say Shrewsbury are bad and then fail to beat them. Excellent from Forino tonight, but very one dimensional in attack.

If it wasn’t already obvious, playoffs is the aim from here on in. Automatic promotion contenders don’t go on these runs.

• Disappointed. We really need to put our chances away. A missed opportunity tonight.

26 shots to their 2, 10 on target for us.

Forino was great but Thompson…he’s just such a joy to watch.

• Nick Freeman right wingback by end of month?

• Wow! We won't play a weaker team all season. Toothless showing despite some excellent play other than in front of goal in first half.

• So much hoofball again.

• If only we could put the ball in the net.

• Couldn't make it tonight - did we make the keeper work for many of those chances, or can we not even claim to be a bit unlucky?

• edited February 2022

At least Wigan, Sunderland & NPL lost & MK drew so not the end of the world plus we have a game in hand over the 3 teams above us

I thought we were decent enough in the first half, Wing looks a decent signing, Thompson and Forino were superb, but as the game wore on we ran out of ideas as to how to break down a 9 man defence

• @therabbittest said:
    Our drop in performance quality since mid January is staggering

So is Sunderlands

• We didn't lose

• What a frustrating game that was. Zero quality in front of goal.

• There must be a name for that overwhelming feeling when you know after about 5 mins that you are categorically not going to score. Not sure I've ever felt that as strongly as tonight.

• Nick Freeman

• edited February 2022

@ReturnToSenda said:
    There must be a name for that overwhelming feeling when you know after about 5 mins that you are categorically not going to score. Not sure I've ever felt that as strongly as tonight.

I've felt it many, many times and been rewarded for my pessimism by being proved hopelessly and happily wrong. Tonight, not. Their keeper made three top saves but goodness, we should have buried them and would have with a shred of quality in front of goal.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    There must be a name for that overwhelming feeling when you know after about 5 mins that you are categorically not going to score. Not sure I've ever felt that as strongly as tonight.

That's two games in a row I've felt that. I said to someone after the MK game that we could have played for another 90 minutes and not scored. Unfortunately tonight I paid a tenner to watch that very 90 minutes lol

• we were absolutely awful , GA made his subs far to late , I'm sorry but Sulley offer nothing atm ....we need Mehemti playing , Wing was very quiet

• I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell'

• Big points dropped , Sheffield W and Plymouth will catch us

• @Wanderers82 said:
    we were absolutely awful , GA made his subs far to late , I'm sorry but Sulley offer nothing atm ....we need Mehemti playing , Wing was very quiet

I think Wing was doing his holding job adequately - quietness more a result of his position than his play. Seemed a fair enough player though didn't see anything especially exciting. Where did he come from again?