Skip to content

Match day thread: Sunderland

Comments

• @micra said:
    You haven’t missed much @Twizz . All kick and rush.

Posted for comic effect, I was actually here for kick-off, @micra.
    It's been a good game,in my view, although all the goals a little soft. Defences not doing so well.

• Just heard that Sky reckon that our 2nd goal shouldn't have counted due to a foul on keeper or offside? If we had VAR and it was reviewed, would they not see that shirt pulling by Sunderland on Forino or was I the only one who has noticed that?

• How did JJ keep that out!

• JJ having a stormer

• What a clearance from JJ. One of the best I’ve seen.

• Looks like just one at the back at the moment.

• Breakspear...

• Definitely a foul

• That’s a pretty clear penalty. But we’re playing Sunderland.

• Absolutely disgraceful

• Replays show he wasn’t touched.

Looked a pen in real time though.

• Yellow for diving

• There was a foul outside the box which Hanlan managed to ride and then he eased him over in the box - pen for me

• @Safc_in_peace said:
    Yellow for diving

You must be a few minutes ahead, you guy has only just down on my tv.

• Wow saved by the woodwork

• How is this utter clown allowed to referee professional football matches?

• Open season on Hanlan apparently.

• And again! Embarrassing for this ref.

• This ref is a joke

• Hanlan is going to be covered in bruises after this game given the battering he is getting from their defence and getting nothing from the ref

• Look at him smirking. Absolutely fed up of refs who think they're here to enjoy themselves.

• Hanlan clearly pulled back their man, don’t know why people are kicking off. No contact for the ‘penalty’ either.

Don’t think the ref has done a huge amount wrong.

• Think the referee got the penalty shout spot on but the most recent one, that was just Hanlon using his strength - nothing wrong with that at all.

• Watching a different game from me

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Hanlan clearly pulled back their man, don’t know why people are kicking off. No contact for the ‘penalty’ either.

The penalty shout involved more contact than the foul given on Hanlan. And that was a moment after he’d been knocked over again with nothing given.

• He’s done very well to stop the game quickly there tho.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Hanlan is going to be covered in bruises after this game given the battering he is getting from their defence and getting nothing from the ref

Vokes McCleary and Hanlan have ripped them apart last 10 unfortunately ref is a big bald useless piece of .....

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Hanlan clearly pulled back their man, don’t know why people are kicking off. No contact for the ‘penalty’ either.

I thought there was a bit of contact but clearly a down way too easy job.
    And the other one was the classic can't touch a defender soft thing that is always given annoyingly.

Hanlan does get a bit of rough treatment though, it's like refs have a pre existing bias against him as he's tall strong and fast so shouldn't get any other advantage!

• Hoping Cory Evans is ok and makes a speedy recovery

• Fucking hell, how is that only a yellow?