Skip to content

2 days (possibly) to plan for covid passports at the ground

Comments

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Don't worry, they know what they're doing!

Come on @ReturnToSenda it's obvious. 241 people were discarged from hospital between Dominic's first and second statements!

They probably closed a ward

• Was in France last week, similar set up where most bars etc were checking vaccine passport. Had to buy pre and post flight PCR tests - not checked once at either end or followed up so could easily have got away with not doing them.

• For a country that endlessly barks on about the right to control its borders and enforce its own laws, we’re incredibly relaxed in practice.

It’s almost like someone’s worked out you can save a few quid by employing fewer border guards / law enforcement officers and make up for it by writing incendiary columns in The Daily Telegraph.

• edited December 2021

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I’m max’d out on jabs. Had the sodding thing. Like to think I’m pretty pragmatic about my life during a pandemic.
    However I’ve been in the Caledonian suite a couple of time recently where I’ve thought this is madness and have decided to leave. No rule breaking. Just seems like a massive opportunity to spread the disease.

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub my son and I have both had it once. On each occasion we spent time in there a day or so before testing positive, at the far side meeting friends where it felt hot, stuffy and in truth madness on reflection. Genuinely haven’t been in other busy pubs / places so I give it a swerve now too I must admit.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Was in France last week, similar set up where most bars etc were checking vaccine passport. Had to buy pre and post flight PCR tests - not checked once at either end or followed up so could easily have got away with not doing them.

For a 2 day trip had four tests as well as submitting a mountain of paperwork

Then came back to LHR and there were 7 out of 25 passport gates working so I was crowded in with people from every corner of the globe in an ill ventilated room. Seemed a bit counter productive to me.

• In theory the Prime Minister is the most competent member of his or her government. Which should explain a lot. Yes, controlling our borders, health service and law and order involves heavy central investment leading to quantifiable results rather than simply handing out millions in contracts to mates who hand in an A4 sheet saying they can do it. Not on the agenda.

• He needs to get a new hairdresser for a start @Wendoverman!

• Let's hope it's Sweeny Todd.

• @arnos_grove said:
    For a country that endlessly barks on about the right to control its borders and enforce its own laws, we’re incredibly relaxed in practice.

It’s almost like someone’s worked out you can save a few quid by employing fewer border guards / law enforcement officers and make up for it by writing incendiary columns in The Daily Telegraph.

Bark for me @arnos_grove!

• Burnley v Watford off tonight.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Burnley v Watford off tonight.

The first of many I fear in the coming weeks, leading up to effectively a forced winter break.

• Reading's 150th anniversary game v Luton on saturday is another one off - they'd sold over 20,000 tickets for it.

• As if Reading have 20,000 fans

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    As if Reading have 20,000 fans

A celebration game for Reading. Real shame it will be off. I suppose if you only see football post Premier League the importance reduces a bit. You’re only 150 once

• Righty's creepy obsession with @ReturnToSenda shows no signs of abating does it?

• The advise given last night by the government advisors is likely to put a lot of people off coming to the Boxing Day match.
    Difficult for the club to handle the situation the way things are going.

• Won’t be long before we’re playing in empty stadiums again. I doubt the Boxing Day and New Year fixtures will have any crowds personally.

• edited December 2021

I'd planned on going to Ipswich and Charlton but won't be doing either of those now. It's shit, but needs must.

• I've a feeling that sooner rather than later there will be lots and lots of games being called off anyway

• Wasn't it a stoppage to the Premier League that essentially started the first lockdown. If memory serves me football stopped before the Government did their bit

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Wasn't it a stoppage to the Premier League that essentially started the first lockdown. If memory serves me football stopped before the Government did their bit

Was it Arteta catching it that was the final trigger?

• edited December 2021

Gillingham have closed the ground and sent everyone home... https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2021/december/club-statement---16.12.21/

• @ReturnToSenda said:

As a smaller club in League One I amazed by comments like this. Oxfordesque.

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

It was a joke! I'm sure they do have that many; they're just such a beige club that you barely notice them.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

It was a joke! I'm sure they do have that many; they're just such a beige club that you barely notice them.

I notice plenty of them, they surround me here on the Hants/Berks borders

• edited December 2021

Never mind

• Games dropping left, right and centre at the moment. Surely they've got to hit pause and have some kind of firebreak.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Games dropping left, right and centre at the moment. Surely they've got to hit pause and have some kind of firebreak.

I can't see how that solves anything unfortunately, this isn't going anywhere soon, take it match by match or you're looking at a good month with no football, which to be fair could happen anyway

• @StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Games dropping left, right and centre at the moment. Surely they've got to hit pause and have some kind of firebreak.

I can't see how that solves anything unfortunately, this isn't going anywhere soon, take it match by match or you're looking at a good month with no football, which to be fair could happen anyway

It might if teams went into bubbles in hotels and whatnot, but I think a return to BCD is more likely.

• Petition to out Klopp in charge of football*

*the UK