Skip to content

Vipienne Supporters Group

Comments

• I thought it would be more complicated

• I find it’s helpful to use a different browser to the one you normally use. That way when you clear all the history you’re not clearing it all from your normal browser of choose.

You can cast from an iPhone to your TV if it supports Apple’s Airplay function.

• Yeah, different browser or just open a private / incognito window. You don't need to do all that history / cookie wiping.

• I don't even do any of that - should I?

• How much data does a match use?

• @yorkyblue said:
    How much data does a match use?

I used Windscribe and you get a free 2GB per month. I noticed I still had about 1.8GB after a full game!

• That’s great, thanks for your help.

• I’m trying to use Windscribe, from the list of countries I pick Belgium, but London is showing at the top of the screen , is this right?

• edited March 2022

@yorkyblue said:
    I’m trying to use Windscribe, from the list of countries I pick Belgium, but London is showing at the top of the screen , is this right?

It only lets you pick some options. Try Paris Seine...i think there's 2 Paris ones, but one is only allowed if you are a subscriber or something like that.

• I’m expecting a family visit ahead of Saturday’s match so have returned to this thread in order to show my rescuer the bits of advice that are relevant. (This thread had receded into the historical area.)

• @micra said:
    I’m expecting a family visit ahead of Saturday’s match so have returned to this thread in order to show my rescuer the bits of advice that are relevant. (This thread had receded into the historical area.)

Don't forget to report back on progress.

• Will do. Son-in-law coming tomorrow.

• The guy is an absolute genius. Boxes of graphics flashing across the screen at bewildering speed. I hadn’t a clue what he was doing most of the time. In order to accommodate the necessary software, he had to strip Windows 10 back to Windows 7. That was the only bit I understood. Proof of the pudding will come tomorrow. Sorry, later today!

• Hang on hang on...all he had to do was load a free bit of software off the net in 5mins and tweak your country to a non UK one :D

Not mess with Windows?!

Hope it works though!!

• My laptop was a complete mess @Malone. No software updates for several years. I trust him implicitly. Better go and pay me tenner!

• Best of luck old son.

• Making my Vipienne debut this afternoon. All working ok.

• Same here @arnos_grove but (ridiculously) needed son-in-law’s help getting into windows in first place!

• Got in from a meeting 2 minutes before kick off, launched my VPN & logged into WTV without thinking anything off it, only to notice at half time I had logged in via a UK VPN server rather than an overseas one - to be honest it worked fine with no glitches.
    I am not recommending this approach to others just expressing my surprise that it worked...

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Got in from a meeting 2 minutes before kick off, launched my VPN & logged into WTV without thinking anything off it, only to notice at half time I had logged in via a UK VPN server rather than an overseas one - to be honest it worked fine with no glitches.
    I am not recommending this approach to others just expressing my surprise that it worked...

There's no UK ban , it's not 3pm Saturday.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Got in from a meeting 2 minutes before kick off, launched my VPN & logged into WTV without thinking anything off it, only to notice at half time I had logged in via a UK VPN server rather than an overseas one - to be honest it worked fine with no glitches.

It's a midweeker...the UK block is only Saturday 3pms.

• Doh of course you guys are spot on, shows how flustered I was...I'd also had to run around and get some shopping for a mate who has just come out of hospital after 5 weeks and get it to him & back home before the game started.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Doh of course you guys are spot on, shows how flustered I was...I'd also had to run around and get some shopping for a mate who has just come out of hospital after 5 weeks and get it to him & back home before the game started.

Don't worry, better this way round and seeing the game then assuming you couldn't get it and missing it.

• edited April 2022

Anyone on holiday abroad this weekend? I’ve heard Turkey has been accommodating today.

• First time visitor to Vipienne. Thanks to the advice in this thread, my journey couldn't have been easier. Windscribe airways was a great shout, worked like a dream. Didn't even need to give my cookies or cache a scrub before departure. Up the Blues!

• Today I am watching via Belgium...

• The weather in France is nice today!

• Hey @Erroll_Sims, fancy seeing you here in Belgium.

• @drcongo quite a popular country today. Came over on my motor bike today

• lovely in Germany..