Skip to content

Vipienne Supporters Group

Comments

• I'm in Denmark this afternoon, nice to switch it up occasionally

• Think I’ll stick to audio today. Downloaded Windscribe app and went cautiously about me business, only to get a pop up from Norton warning me about an unsafe website!
    Getting a bit close to kickoff now and haven’t even turned on the laptop.

(Have been doing all the setting up on this iPhone which might not be the best approach. Will be on air again during the match I expect!)

• After raving about Windscribe it totally didn't work today.
    Rebooted, switched the firewall on/off, changed country, logged in and out of the wycombe account.

Nothing worked, 1-0 down, almost 30mins in now, so sod it, will read the comments on the thread instead.

• @Malone said:
    After raving about Windscribe it totally didn't work today.
    Rebooted, switched the firewall on/off, changed country, logged in and out of the wycombe account.

Sounds easier to actually move to a foreign country

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:
    After raving about Windscribe it totally didn't work today.

Sounds easier to actually move to a foreign country

Annoyingly it worked superbly last time.
    Something in the move to the new platform must have messed it.

• @micra said:
    Think I’ll stick to audio today. Downloaded Windscribe app and went cautiously about me business, only to get a pop up from Norton warning me about an unsafe website!
    Getting a bit close to kickoff now and haven’t even turned on the laptop.

(Have been doing all the setting up on this iPhone which might not be the best approach. Will be on air again during the match I expect!)

Micra, if you have Norton you may already have a VPN included. I went through Norton today, put us in France and hey presto! Have a look at your Norton screen and hopefully it'll have a Secure VPN box.

• Yeah, I got a CyberGhost VPN subscription, but since I did that McAfee have started doing a free VPN with my anti-virus software.

• I watched from Brussels, over my mum’s 56kbps internet and it worked flawlessly.

• Any other suggestions for free VPNs you can find online, install, and it works as well as I thought Windscribe worked?

• Once Id remembered to clear the cache and log in via a private session on Firefox it worked seamlessly over Nord from the Netherlands

• Micra, if you have Norton you may already have a VPN included. I went through Norton today, put us in France and hey presto! Have a look at your Norton screen and hopefully it'll have a Secure VPN box.

I set up Norton VPN on my ipad and choose Belgium as my port of call. Much easier than I anticipated- worth having a look to see if you have it

• @Malone said:
    Any other suggestions for free VPNs you can find online, install, and it works as well as I thought Windscribe worked?

Using Windscribe extension on Chrome - once I'd cleared the browsing history - it worked perfectly for me from Paris today.

• NordVPN had a 2 year deal today for £72. Thought it was worth signing up for.
    Was meant to be going today but illness prevented me. I would of easily spent that today in petrol and food alone.
    Worked really well on my sons chrome book, I do though need to workout how to route through the TV. There is no HDMI port on the chrome book

• I signed up to one of those Nord offers and have always had a great speedy connection.

Was a bit concerned, normally I use the EFL IFollow app and when I tried to watch the Morecambe game on a laptop connected to the TV through the Wycombe site, it kept kicking me out after 5 minutes.

With no app for Wanderers TV I was a bit apprehensive but it worked fine.

• @Twizz said:

@Malone said:
    Any other suggestions for free VPNs you can find online, install, and it works as well as I thought Windscribe worked?

Using Windscribe extension on Chrome - once I'd cleared the browsing history - it worked perfectly for me from Paris today.

When it worked last time, I don't remember having to mess with the firewall switch on or off.
    But today with the firewall ON, i couldn't even access the net. Moving it to OFF allowed it.

No idea if this was some sort of problem, or if the VPN was working fine and if it's the Wycombe site still thinking I'm signed in and thus in England.
    Despite rebooting, signing in and out, turning VPN off and on etc.
    Frustrating day.

• I definitely have VPN with my Norton account but I’ve no idea how to set anything up. Basic Technology Ignorance. Daughter and son-in-law coming on Monday. He’s an IT genius so I’m sure we’ll sort something out in time for the Long Crendon showdown!! Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who has posted advice, even if it did fall on stoney ground.

My sympathies @Malone. I also only got to hear the commentary from 3.30 - on the car radio. Sound wasn’t great and it didn’t sound like NICK FREEMAN with @bluntphil but when he referred to the slip zone I thought it probably was !

• @Commoner said:
    NordVPN had a 2 year deal today for £72. Thought it was worth signing up for.
    Was meant to be going today but illness prevented me. I would of easily spent that today in petrol and food alone.
    Worked really well on my sons chrome book, I do though need to workout how to route through the TV. There is no HDMI port on the chrome book

I have a USB-C to HDMI cable that I use with my MacBook (it only has USB-C) to connect with the TV. I'd expect that (or something similar) to work with a chrome book

• @tom_doust

I have a USB-C to HDMI cable that I use with my MacBook (it only has USB-C) to connect with the TV. I'd expect that (or something similar) to work with a chrome book

Brilliant, thanks. I’ll have a look for one of those

• @Commoner Or get a Chromecast

• Nipped over to France ..settled in the Vipienne chalet with snow on nearby peaks and roaring log fire...normally have roady youngsters disturbing me after 20 mins or so and have to move...sometimes whole countries ! but on new Wanderers TV had perfect hd quality all game , Phil and Nick on commentary and felt close enough to blighty to almost blow ball over the line in 2nd half penalty scrambles...shame that didnt work! ...but we did keep ball a bit more on ground second half which improved things.

• I always watch when abroad through second webbrowser I dont use during week and just keep for wycombe TV viewing when abroad...so in my case Bing rather than chrome and always use 'duck duck go' to browse to wycombe site rather than Google as dont want the teenage mob that seem to chase through Vipienne looking for trouble to find me ...and a tip ...try a less obvious route to Vipienne valley...one not advertised all over the London Tubes etc as the chasing mob start at their stations first every week. Trouble free this week, able to work too (not everyone has Saturday off to travel...sometime Fifa may wake up to that fact!) and happy ton put 10 quid more in our coffers. I do go to 5 or six away games a season 'when in blighty'...Forest Green was particularly fun a few seasons ago and Sunderland even if we lose ..don't stop me travelling when I can.

• PPS...Pete and Rob seem to have woken up to fact that even fanatical followers with 2/3 or 4 kids cant tell the wife they are nipping off every 2nd week to a far flung part of UK...even if I make a trip of it and take the whole fzmily that's 2 or 3 rooms to cater for everyone if too far to travel on the day...and kids have homework and other commitments on weekends too...again sometime Fifa etc will wake up to facts around what being a true supporter, married with young kids etc is all about ...all of whom are propably in their 80's and obviously forgotten the other responsibilities when having kids are all about and cant take whole of Saturday 'off'.. though wife seems to find it ok to nip abroad on fast jet for 2 hours every other weekend so I guess I am more like the FiFA board than I thought!!!

• Shame you seem to have to pay in sterling now. Last match was €11 which with the exchange worked out to be £9.55.

• Blue67 with some almost LX1 style stream of consiousness there!

• Does US tv cover every NFL game in their local market live? And the economics work just fine for them. I’m sure Rob and Pete are relaxed about Wanderers TV and the Vipienne supporters group.

• I was going to say I thought they did, but I'm not so sure now. I used to watch several games a week but lost interest this season just gone.

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Does US tv cover every NFL game in their local market live?

For the most part, although if there's a big game that hasn't sold out it will be blacked out in the local market. Hard to compare the TV revenue in the NFL to what we're making or losing through VPNs tho.

• My friend in Indianapolis can stream Colts games for free.

• You can stream anything for free!